SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha T135 Spark Problems Help

Hi all.

First, just abit of background of myself.

I just passed my TP on 25th may 2016 from CDC, So im a very new rider. Currently riding spark 135. Using 95 fuel from SPC.

Problem 1)

Recently, I have noticed a ringing/pinging noise coming from the front right side when riding. Its a gentle but yet annoying ring that is enough to irritate you. (The sound is like riding with a loose screw and a washer)

The noise occurs when in gear and when im the throttling harder. The noise starts off very soft. But if you rev more, especially uphill when the bike needs to work harder the noise is very distinct.

If i let off the throttle, the noise goes away. When i throttle VERY gently its fine. But if i Rev it up to pick up speed the sound will come. The sound does not come when the clutch is in or the bike is in neutral at the same RPMs.

Im quite gentle on the throttle normally and im not a aggressive rider. Im just concerned because i spent a bomb overhauling this bike and i wish to use it for at least another 5 years without problem. :(

And Please take note that i am using domino fast throttle. Did a top overhaul when i got the spark due to kick starting problems(Bike cannot kick start at all. Only way is to push start). Bike was fully mod before that, like fz block, hi-cam, etc. I overhauled and downgraded all to stock and now its just left with Racing CDI, Sp carb and full system yoshi. I hope information this can help you guys to diagnose my problems.

Things i have done -

Tighten all screws and eliminate all metal sounds like loose screws etc.

Lubed chain

Things to add on :

Friend say since the coverset is aftermarket, the sound might be coming from the coverset. But i didnt remember hearing this sound before at all until recently.

Any thoughts?

Anyone facing the same issue?

Help will be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

First, just abit of background of myself.

I just passed my TP on 25th may 2016 from CDC, So im a very new rider. Currently riding spark 135. Using 95 fuel from SPC.

Problem 1)

Recently, I have noticed a ringing/pinging noise coming from the front right side when riding. Its a gentle but yet annoying ring that is enough to irritate you. (The sound is like riding with a loose screw and a washer)

The noise occurs when in gear and when im the throttling harder. The noise starts off very soft. But if you rev more, especially uphill when the bike needs to work harder the noise is very distinct.

If i let off the throttle, the noise goes away. When i throttle VERY gently its fine. But if i Rev it up to pick up speed the sound will come. The sound does not come when the clutch is in or the bike is in neutral at the same RPMs.

Im quite gentle on the throttle normally and im not a aggressive rider. Im just concerned because i spent a bomb overhauling this bike and i wish to use it for at least another 5 years without problem. :(

And Please take note that i am using domino fast throttle. Did a top overhaul when i got the spark due to kick starting problems(Bike cannot kick start at all. Only way is to push start). Bike was fully mod before that, like fz block, hi-cam, etc. I overhauled and downgraded all to stock and now its just left with Racing CDI, Sp carb and full system yoshi. I hope information this can help you guys to diagnose my problems.

Things i have done -

Tighten all screws and eliminate all metal sounds like loose screws etc.

Lubed chain

Things to add on :

Friend say since the coverset is aftermarket, the sound might be coming from the coverset. But i didnt remember hearing this sound before at all until recently.

Any thoughts?

Anyone facing the same issue?

Help will be greatly appreciated!

sorry to hear that u got yourself a rotten bike that was heavily mob by the previous owner.

too many possibility already bro coz all not stock ma, go to a reputable bike shop and seek for help lah.

here hard to tell u because we dunno and hard to imagine your bike condition.

I would said stay away all those mob spark/x1r fgs.

have you check your timing chain oreadi?

change back your racing CDI and SP carb to stock lah, these 2 items only further dmg your engine only.

Be happy for what you have =D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

my bike running by 63mm borekit for about a year, a few days ago sudden "Tuk tuk" or "knock" sound comming out only at IDLE. Any idea guys ????

I check with near workshop and he has no idea!

please see video and sound here : https://sendvid.com/2zgnk4ty

so far i can think of is : Timing chain? con-rod bearing ? vulve ?

http://i.imgur.com/qDqVHNR.png

my bike running by 63mm borekit for about a year, a few days ago sudden "Tuk tuk" or "knock" sound comming out only at IDLE. Any idea guys ????

I check with near workshop and he has no idea!

please see video and sound here : https://sendvid.com/2zgnk4ty

so far i can think of is : Timing chain? con-rod bearing ? vulve ?

same answer here.

need to view the bike in person, so can rectifier the problem.....

common problem 63mm with stock con rod.

hay fx110, @fx110 , thanks for update man,,

i went show workshop near my place at toapayoh few days ago,

the mechanic blur blur,

he try adjust timing chain, now worst!

Any trust worthy workshop around toa payoh / kaki bukit?

http://i.imgur.com/qDqVHNR.png