SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sun Morning Ride to Bukit Brown

lkm

(More pics and full report at: http://sgbikerboy.com/2016/09/04/sun-morning-ride-to-bukit-brown/)

It was an impromptu ride. I woke up at 5:30am this morning, and after reading the morning papers, I got bored at home and decided to go for a morning ride. As I was aimlessly wandering around Singapore, and idea struck me – Bukit Brown!

Bukit Brown is a cemetery site that has caused some controversies some years back when the government of Singapore announced plans to build a a road through some part of the grave site, resulting in the necessitating of the destruction and exhumation of some 5,000 graves. Nevertheless, the public debate on the site seem to have simmered. But I’ve never had the opportunity to visit the place. Until today.

The area around the site is primarily paved, but getting around on a car will be a little challenging as the roads are rather narrow. Motorcycles, bicycles and other small vehicles will find moving around rather easy.

IMG_9064.jpg

For those who aren’t too spooked out by the idea of riding through a cemetery, Bukit Brown is actually a pretty nice place to head to on a Sunday morning. It’s not as secluded a place, and I saw quite a bit of human traffic there – joggers, cyclists, dog owners walking their pets, and I even saw someone walking his horse there!

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for sharing bro... interesting place to ride to

You should try it one day if you haven't already. Totally NOT spooky at all - and there's lots of people there too. It's more like a popular nature park than a deserted cemetery.

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

• 2 weeks later...
You should try it one day if you haven't already. Totally NOT spooky at all - and there's lots of people there too. It's more like a popular nature park than a deserted cemetery.

hmmm... I'll put it in my list.. but its all the way at the bottom of the list now lol

Liverpool revival has started....