SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Vios or lancer?

Cool79

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, i tink 12km/l is fer manual rite, fer auto its ard 9-10km/l??

bt lancer's outlook is nicer.. vios pick up is gd cuz its light..

ä¸è¦ä»¥ä¸º,一脸冷漪,åªä¼šæ²‰é»˜,我åªæ˜¯ä¸æ‡‚得表达我自己..

apr 05: Nsr150Sp FS323Y

nov 06: Cbr400rrr FP5868A

aug 07: Spec II FV7169P

sep 08: Spark135 FBD***P

wtf!!! 12!!!!!!!!!

fainted

but i will be driving auto....

don like manual....

too lazy liao

lol

then if compared with latio le?

i want something dat is a bit more space

If you're toking abt the rear seats space of these 3 cars i will rate like this:

1) Latio

2) Lancer

3) Vios

If you wan something with decent power then to comfort:

1) Vios

2) Lancer

3) Latio

If you wan something that save alot of petrol:

1) Register a company and get a van

:cool:

i wan something dat have a decent boot... so i can put my goods in there.... plus also no van.... i cant tahan going at 80km/hr.... drove a company van for 4 mths liao... cant take it.... if i can take it, me already go n buy a van....

Bro, i think you're finding a decent ride under 70k OTR right? all these 3 models got decent boot space so no worries. You can take a look at other models like Impreza Ts, Hyundai I30, Kia etc.. All these sedan should be able to fall under your requirements. Then is all up to ur decision whether u dislike the brand, shape, outlook, performance, sales service etc.

If your "goods" happens to comes in a carton form and you required to handle alot of these i suggest u get a MPV or a SUV

:cool:

have you test-driven both cars?... they are quite diff - so it might be clearer to you after trying out.

You won't go wrong with either car, but i would choose vios. Based on my personal preference, I don't like the lancer becos:

1. I don't like its engine and cvt characteristics. When you floor it, it makes lots of noise, but it doesn't accelerate promptly. VVTI tone is very sweet.

2. Overall noise level. Vios is not quiet, but lancer is worse.

3. Lancer's dashboard looks out-dated.

The FC for both cars should be quite close, but vios would be slightly better. Personally, I think the claimed 15-16km/l for vios is hard to achieve in city driving condition. I drove the 2004 auto vios (same engine as current model) and got about 12-13km/l. 14km/l if doing lots of highway.

Other sedan you can consider in the price range is Latio and Avante. I feel that Avante is best among the lot, provided you are not prejudiced against a korean marque, and willing to give it a test drive. Go test these cars, and trust your own judgement.

I'm driving a sirion 1.3(a), but don't think you are considering a hatch.

Have you considered the new Honda FIT?

I have driven Vios once, don't like the way the accelerator pedal is place.

Lancer is indeed very noisy, plus the interior really sucks. The cheapo plastic feeling is even worse that Vios.

You really have to test drive to get a feel of both cars.

I prefer manual cars for only one factor. That is I am able to control the car better when I go up very tight roundabout ramps in the commercial carparks.

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

i not considering Jazz as the build is too small.... i need to put a few box at the boot.... i need storage space, therefore i am looking at sedan....

for subaru, the FC too high liao.... 4D....

latio i am also considering. I am going for better engine as I will be driving it for long time.... if i got the $ i will go for Volvo liao....

get it thru a trust worthy PI? My friend got his from his cousin. Till now(a year later) no problems ;)

Btw can you provide us specs and price comparison for these 2 vehicles? Am curious abou Vios price and whether if Manual is still available. Best to compare between Cycle & Carriage and Borneo Motors. :thumb:

Also share with us how long you intend to hold it and use it.

Cool79, you have expressed your preference for automatic transmission. Have you ever thought of getting those with both automatic yet you can change gears manually without a clutch pedal at the same time?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Axio is also quite good considering that you need boot space. But I find that I need to put it in sports mode to find the ride responsive.

Maybe because there are some heavy stuffs in the boot (~60kg mainly tools).

Anyway it belongs to my FIL, so I am not really concerned about the excess dead weight in the boot.

So far, among the jap Ah Pek 1.5/1.6 cars that I have driven, Axio offers the best comfort. Adjustable seat height, comfortable seat, nearly flat floor at the rear seat allowing center passenger to seat comfortably, quiet cabin, stable ride in cruising speed and good fc.

You can easily get 15km/l to 18km/l if you do not have too much dead weight, and not too aggressive driving.

Cool79, you have expressed your preference for automatic transmission. Have you ever thought of getting those with both automatic yet you can change gears manually without a clutch pedal at the same time?

This feature is available in the new Honda Fit if I am not wrong.

This feature is available in the new Honda Fit if I am not wrong.

I didn't see it in my friend's fit. His car uses a normal torque converter powertrained planetary 5 speed gearbox. A very standard 5 speed auto set up. But his car seems quite comfortable. An excellent budget transport.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

if i din rmb wrongly, e paddle shift is onli available fer e new 1.5 vtec model..

if i din rmb wrongly, e paddle shift is onli available fer e new 1.5 vtec model..

paddle shifts are very convenient and keeps both your hands on the stg wheel.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

paddle shifts are very convenient and keeps both your hands on the stg wheel.

guess it'l b fun as well.. haha.. new lancer ex n lexus oso haf it.. :cheeky: