SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

honda blackbird

roadtoad

Hope u find what u r looking for... check out the classified in the straits time today. they have some busa for sale. might find a good deal there..

im currently saving money to modify my bike.. exhausted all my reserves in buying the bike... :giddy: will cost me 1800 for the full exhaust and 590 for the power commander.. sigh.. maybe by christmas.. ;)

so far hit 200km/hr++ on the AYE.. bloody hell of brute, i mean the bike.. not even a whimper from the engine at that speed.. :lol: :lol: :lol: will try and hit 300 when i go KL next month... :D

when i started off 12years back on my 1st bike (2nd hand), d@mn problematic. the Mechanic mentioned "Motor means yue mo yue duo" = the more you touch the more you pay $$$.

Well, i believe all the Motor Enthusiatic are all willing to fork $$$ in getting the best for the machines. Just like @ that classic movie by Andy Lau "Full Throttle".

Hey, post your write up on the forum after you tested your BB on the NE expressway okie?

Today, saw one FU plate Blue BB advertised by one motordiam. Call up and was told the mileage is only 15 000km, selling @ $15K. Looks pretty attractive for the mileage even though the price is abit steep based on a FU plate.

Hope next week can catch it, cos tomorrow go back ICT for one week.

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i started off 12years back on my 1st bike (2nd hand), d@mn problematic. the Mechanic mentioned "Motor means yue mo yue duo" = the more you touch the more you pay $$$.

Well, i believe all the Motor Enthusiatic are all willing to fork $$$ in getting the best for the machines. Just like @ that classic movie by Andy Lau "Full Throttle".

Hey, post your write up on the forum after you tested your BB on the NE expressway okie?

Today, saw one FU plate Blue BB advertised by one motordiam. Call up and was told the mileage is only 15 000km, selling @ $15K. Looks pretty attractive for the mileage even though the price is abit steep based on a FU plate.

Hope next week can catch it, cos tomorrow go back ICT for one week.

could't agree more with you... will update the forum after my trip....

Sincerely hope that u would catch your BB and let me know if u got it.. good luck for ur ICT.. low key nvm but high one ah damn jialat..

Any BlackBird group or organisation out there that organise trips up north?

(\'\',)

• 2 weeks later...

Some myth pics of 2004 blackbird.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UgDYAscXKLK2c8PmLbwo2pwDKKce7WR7BZRDXgY2wG6Mc6PoyYBL7h3YoM4Q8G1g0kNNppst7XU5IgbDMVYeL1Ug7GZV3WI!m1RvAl92xwnLzM6uu0bJjjBMqbqhATWp/2004%20CBR1200XX.jpg?dc=4675431143560703346

http://www.honda-board.de/bilder/honda2.jpg

http://www.honda-board.de/bilder/Honda2003.jpg

http://www.perthextreme.com/images/bikes/OTHER/BigBird/MG-grabed-fram-2-web.jpg

http://www.perthextreme.com/images/bikes/OTHER/BigBird/MG-Grabed-Frame-web-1.jpg

How to wheelie your bird :

Qn : When using the clutch in second to do the wheelie do you drop it at a certain rev or ease it pull the revs on quickly or what?

Ans : with clutch in second, about 5500rpm....(5000 is possible) pull in the clutch with one finger, rev real high in one sec, about 9 or 10k rpm dump the clutch an stay on the gas.

the moment that your front wheel is lifting close gas slowly...when you are so high that you cannot look through your window you are allmost on your balance point

extra note:

when you are going to land your bird, please do NOT close the gas ummidiately, close it a little...by little...and when you put your front wheel allmost to earth, then throttle up! you wont kick over or something...

due your acc. you get a soft landing and you won t wrist your ball and socket joint-bairing-... (balhoofdlager voor de dutch people)

you can do it with default springs as good as with hyperpro or WP, but...with the hyper or WP the wheelie feels more stable...

my record is a second gear wheelie of 500 meters, i went up at 60km/h and landed about 160/170km/h, twice a shifted gears to 3rd and landed the wheely with 200km/h but, that resulted twice in a nasty tankslapper...

i got out of the tankslapper, but it scared the hell out of me....if you are going to do some of that tricks with that speeds please assemble a steeringdamper, this device will keep you out of trouble!

when your are going to land..throttle up...

then your front wheel has the time to speed up a little bit so the tankslapping part will remain not as bad as it should be.

als a steering demper wil help dramaticly....to reduce this kind of activties!

ABove infos extract from http://forum.superblackbird.info/index.php

HONDA CBR1100XX 1999-2002

Factory service manual

For those of you with a high-speed line, the 150 MB file URL is unchanged.

[The Whopper] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx.zip

For those with slower lines, or if you keep timing out, I broke it into 25 MB chunks.

[1] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx_split.zip (1.3 MB)

[2] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx_split.z01 (25.6 MB)

[3] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx_split.z02 (25.6 MB)

[4] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx_split.z03 (25.6 MB)

[5] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx_split.z04 (25.6 MB)

[6] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx_split.z05 (25.6 MB)

[7] http://www.localforglobal.com/XX/cbrxx_split.z06 (25.6 MB)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thematrix

Yo Cheers to Blackbird lovers out there!! You guys made a good choice of future washing, polishing, maintainig and best of all, Riding it.... By far, one of the most ridability, all rounder sports-tourer bikes ever made...so far, that is.....

I bought mine after alot of research, thru word of mouth and also mags n Internet..... Mine's blue, coz it really stands out in the day, and look quite cool in the night...

Recommend : Change engine oil not to 4T but to Castrol Syntex. You can only get it done at a mechanic at AMK. Alot of my blackbird buddies swear by it. AFter the change, not only the engine's smoother, but the acceleration improved quite abit..... PLus original oil filter, all in is $125 which is pretty good considering the quality of the oil....

Tires :- Still the recommended is Batlax-020. ITs specially for sports tourer- good road holding as well as mileage... You guys wanna try Metzler Sportec M1, its sticky but wears out pretty fast..... so its up to ur pockets man!!!

Performance : - When we do distance trips eg, KL n above, Thailand... we tried doing tops... one of us manage to do apprx 305kmh.... the rest of the trip jus crusiing at 260kmh.... yet still damn smooth n stable all the way....!!! Oh by the way, the bike takes off like a jetplane.... so carefull with the throttle.. n also the egos of other hypersports riders... it really hurt them.... coz the 'birds pick up 0 -100kmh , apprx 3 secs or less...

If you guys were to drop by Jlk Kayu Prata (at the top hill side..) on Fridays, you'll be able to see 10 - 15 'Birds at least.... we always go there to meet up, coffee....trips....etc.... you guys are welcome to join us.... email me @ [email protected] if you have any enquiry.....

Take care guys!!!!!

Blackbird Inc.

Guest thematrix
thematrix, can you tell me where is a good place to send the Blackbird for regular servicing?

Hi heiniao!

The most recommended place is Stamford Motor Trading Blk 10 Ang Mo Kio Ind. Park 2A. #05-27 Autopoint. The guy's name is Alex. He's very good, uses only quality engine oil. He will definitely use Caltex Syntex, 4 litre $100. U will really feel the diff after oil change, esp during acceleration. But most impt is it protects ur engine thru extreme high temperature which Blackbird is famous for. Our bike run really really hot, so cannot use semi-syn or any unsuitable oil.

Oh, plus original filter $25. And you can ask him anything about ur bike n he can tell u the facts, not just bulls**t that other mechanics normally give.

* You cant juz drop by n do it, u will have to wait for days, coz he got damn lots of bikes to do. U let me know when u going down, i'll give him a call, den when u go there u let him know i recommend u to him. - Its the same for my case too during my first time..!! :D

CheerS!

Guest heiniao

Thanks for the recommendation!

I presume you are referring to Castrol Syntec? Which grade are you using?

Available Grades

SAE 0W-30: is for winter conditions where low temperature pumpability is required. A unique, low-temperature formulation provides exceptional pumpability in cold weather and allows for unaided engine starts down to -40°F. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; VW 502 00, 505 00, 503 01; MB 229.1, 229.3; BMW LL-01 and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards.

SAE 5W-30: is the most recommended grade in today's new cars. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A1, ACEA: A5, ACEA: B1, Corvette GM 4718M, VW T4 and all requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards. Also meets Japanese valve train wear and engine protection requirements for Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 10W-30: is the leading consumer grade. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A1, ACEA: A5, ACEA: B1, Corvette GM 4718M, VW T4 and all requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards. Also meets Japanese valve train wear and engine protection requirements for Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 10W-40: often used with older cars. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, ACEA B3, meets Japanese valve train wear, VW T4 and the engine protection requirements of GM 4718M, ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils, as well as Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 5W-50: provides the widest range of protection available. SAE 5W-50 delivers exceptional cold temperature pumpability for rapid oil circulation at start-up and provides a thick oil film for ultimate wear protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, ACEA B3, meets Japanese valve train wear and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils, as well as Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 5W-40: is engineered specifically to meet the Volkswagen engine warranty requirements, exceeding VW 502 00 and 505 00. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Porsche approved and also exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4, MB 229.3, MB 229.1, BMW LL-98. Meets the engine protection requirements of Corvette GM 4718M, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes Benz and ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.

SAE 20W-50: provides superior oil film strength and extreme high temperature protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4, and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils. Also meets Japanese valve train wear and the engine protection requirements of Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

http://www.castrolusa.com/products/default...t.asp?prod_mp=1

Guest thematrix
Thanks for the recommendation!

I presume you are referring to Castrol Syntec? Which grade are you using?

Available Grades

SAE 0W-30: is for winter conditions where low temperature pumpability is required. A unique, low-temperature formulation provides exceptional pumpability in cold weather and allows for unaided engine starts down to -40°F. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; VW 502 00, 505 00, 503 01; MB 229.1, 229.3; BMW LL-01 and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards.

SAE 5W-30: is the most recommended grade in today's new cars. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A1, ACEA: A5, ACEA: B1, Corvette GM 4718M, VW T4 and all requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards. Also meets Japanese valve train wear and engine protection requirements for Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 10W-30: is the leading consumer grade. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A1, ACEA: A5, ACEA: B1, Corvette GM 4718M, VW T4 and all requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils and meets Energy Conserving Standards. Also meets Japanese valve train wear and engine protection requirements for Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 10W-40: often used with older cars. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, ACEA B3, meets Japanese valve train wear, VW T4 and the engine protection requirements of GM 4718M, ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils, as well as Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 5W-50: provides the widest range of protection available. SAE 5W-50 delivers exceptional cold temperature pumpability for rapid oil circulation at start-up and provides a thick oil film for ultimate wear protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, ACEA B3, meets Japanese valve train wear and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils, as well as Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

SAE 5W-40: is engineered specifically to meet the Volkswagen engine warranty requirements, exceeding VW 502 00 and 505 00. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Porsche approved and also exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4, MB 229.3, MB 229.1, BMW LL-98. Meets the engine protection requirements of Corvette GM 4718M, Volvo, BMW, Mercedes Benz and ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.

SAE 20W-50: provides superior oil film strength and extreme high temperature protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4, and the engine protection requirements of ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils. Also meets Japanese valve train wear and the engine protection requirements of Porsche, Volvo, BMW and Mercedes Benz.

http://www.castrolusa.com/products/default.asp?prod_mp=1

Hi!

Glad u know about it too. Abt the grade i'm not too sure but if Im not wrong its 5W 40, if im not mistaken...

But anyhow, Alex know which is the best recommended to get most out of ur bike, dun worry...

Cheers!

You cant juz drop by n do it, u will have to wait for days, coz he got damn lots of bikes to do. U let me know when u going down, i'll give him a call, den when u go there u let him know i recommend u to him. - Its the same for my case too during my first time..!!

Cheers!

Eeeer...if i wana do basic servicing like just change engine oil, oil filter, spark plug & coolant....blah blah....do i have to make booking too? Just asking cos i wana find an alternative besides Looi's motor. :shades:

Guest thematrix

Eeeer...if i wana do basic servicing like just change engine oil, oil filter, spark plug & coolant....blah blah....do i have to make booking too? Just asking cos i wana find an alternative besides Looi's motor. :shades:

Hi cheekozer600!

I know, but thats because he's a 2 man-show n he's the boss. I prefer him to do coz he's more experience n honest. Plus, he has quite a number of bike to do. ANyway, its not like booking or something, just that have to inform him that you r coming n he will do urs first, once i tell him that i recommend him to you.

All my 'birds buddies swear by him so i dun think its much of a hindrance anyway rite...

Cheers!

Hi cheekozer600!

I know, but thats because he's a 2 man-show n he's the boss. I prefer him to do coz he's more experience n honest. Plus, he has quite a number of bike to do. ANyway, its not like booking or something, just that have to inform him that you r coming n he will do urs first, once i tell him that i recommend him to you.

All my 'birds buddies swear by him so i dun think its much of a hindrance anyway rite...

Cheers!

Ok, will inform u if my 20,000km time comes, will wana go there try, as quite a few people riding big bike has already recommend to me even b4 i join this forum 2 years back, & especially also the castrol engine oil which they swear by which u can't get from any other place. :shades: :p

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

hey bros it SAE 5W 50 not 5W 40 lah i know alex veri long liao if u guys going down for serving tell him (chong) silver BB frenzs can liao . happy riding all BB riding the next time u guys saw a veri garang silverbird at stamford motor thats mi liao hahaha jus joking lah . even my wave also service by him loh veri best .

take very gd care for others road user went speeding ./.....////

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

hey bros it SAE 5W 50 not 5W 40 lah i know alex veri long liao if u guys going down for serving tell him (chong) silver BB frenzs can liao . happy riding all BB riding the next time u guys saw a veri garang silverbird at stamford motor thats mi liao hahaha jus joking lah . even my wave also service by him loh veri best .

Side track abit, nice seat u got, just wana ask, where or how to order a corbin seat & a backrest in singapore?

:p :shades:

Any BB owners here removed the catalytic converter? Any reviews?

Why are u still bothered about BB? hehehe. U are enjoying a yammie now. :lol: :shades: :bounce: :eek: :nono: :cheer: :giddy: :sweat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

for carbin seat cost abt 600buck u can get it from a guy call brian the last time his location is at katong now dun know did he moved or not . u can even get from him one seated clear signal lights rear hugger everything lah veri sori i lost his contact number liao . but if u find him dun 4get to get his number for mi ok

take very gd care for others road user went speeding ./.....////

for carbin seat cost abt 600buck u can get it from a guy call brian the last time his location is at katong now dun know did he moved or not . u can even get from him one seated clear signal lights rear hugger everything lah veri sori i lost his contact number liao . but if u find him dun 4get to get his number for mi ok

I know where is byrant

U know where is he ??

'hiding' at a back room somewhere familiar...... :lol:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

For your info only, please don't flame...

For $600 dollars, i can take a plane to hatyai,make at least 8 "corbin seat" from the shop....

Katong shopping centre, either 02-xx or 03-xx, the shopping centre is small so explore around....by the way his phone number is paste on the glass door of his shop, please call him if you see the shop is "closed"

hope this info is useful...

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/3756/picture2rx4.jpg