SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

honda blackbird

roadtoad

For your info only, please don't flame...

For $600 dollars, i can take a plane to hatyai,make at least 8 "corbin seat" from the shop....

Katong shopping centre, either 02-xx or 03-xx, the shopping centre is small so explore around....by the way his phone number is paste on the glass door of his shop, please call him if you see the shop is "closed"

hope this info is useful...

dey...he working as backroom staff nowadays :lol: katong is no more~~

http://shovelhead.us/shop/images/BRO_HELMET.jpg

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

for carbin seat cost abt 600buck u can get it from a guy call brian the last time his location is at katong now dun know did he moved or not . u can even get from him one seated clear signal lights rear hugger everything lah veri sori i lost his contact number liao . but if u find him dun 4get to get his number for mi ok

Hmm....just think of getting the corbin seat & the backrest, if get from this guy, i guess have to wait for at least 4 5 months to arrive......sianzz.... :shades:

Guest new_dirt

Hmm....just think of getting the corbin seat & the backrest, if get from this guy, i guess have to wait for at least 4 5 months to arrive......sianzz.... :shades:

a long time ago, motoworld helped me order a set for my 900. arrived in 2 weeks. dunno if now they still as efficient...

a long time ago, motoworld helped me order a set for my 900. arrived in 2 weeks. dunno if now they still as efficient...

Thanks for ur info, i have also place an order for a pair of side panniers for my vfr 4 over months ago, b4 pay deposit promise me 2 months will arrive, pay $$$ liao till today i have not even seen a screw or nut arrive.....sianz.... :pity: .... :shades:

:sleepy: today call up motorworld asking abt undertray they selling at 280, need to order takes two mths to arrived . street legal yoshi pipe slip on type selling at 1400 , full system yoshi selling at 1800 . dun know if u guy have lobang to get 2nd hand one or not ? too expensive liao loh . :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

take very gd care for others road user went speeding ./.....////

Hi guys, juz want to find out more about engine oil. which are the brands, the cost, you would recommend for our blackbird??? :confused:

the most suitable rating, exmaple:15w-50

i"m currently using TOTAL 4T, rating is 15W-50, so far already traveled about 1200km, still going smooth and good. :smile:

Sometimes you have to lose everything before you know what you really have.

Guest BB shadow
Hi guys, juz want to find out more about engine oil. which are the brands, the cost, you would recommend for our blackbird??? :confused:

the most suitable rating, exmaple:15w-50

i"m currently using TOTAL 4T, rating is 15W-50, so far already traveled about 1200km, still going smooth and good. :smile:

So guys who is going for the KL trip? :smile:

Guest shebiker67

So guys who is going for the KL trip? :smile:

You are off here brother... we are talking about the bike here... please check Trip Thrills for info...

wats e market price for a 2001 FU bb presently? both fr private party n dealer? thx.

http://1990cbr1000f.superbikeclub.com/images/avatar_1.jpghttp://s.deviantart.com/static/fella-wrench.jpg

The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully.

wats e market price for a 2001 FU bb presently? both fr private party n dealer? thx.

$15K for FU

can see FV going for $15.5k

Dude, are you looking @ one?

maybe can buy together

ya, me lookin 4 one. u hav any on ur mind?

Motorsales @ Ubi have one left, they advertised 2 blue BBs a fornite ago.

What color u looking ard?

I am aiming for Blue color only. Busi last weekend, thus didnt go Motorsales and take a look.

Saw one FU plate going for 15k+ at New Southern, sorry can't remember exact amount

looks a little ex, unless the mileage is real low and come with many accessories or maybe a 2 digit no. plate

which year onwards is the EFI bird? 1999?

wat is the pricing for 98-99 birds?

thanks.

1999 first batch EFI

Pricing should be about 9-10, depending on your luck and bargaining skills. :D

1998 carb model, 7.5-8.5? 9 would be on the high side.

I rode a 99 model before, heard many stories about 99 first batch FI. Problematic, unstable ECM. I didn't want to believe until 1 day it happened on mine.

The story abit long to describe. i'll post a link later on for your reference.

I dunno whether all blackbird ECMs are unstable or not. But seems like no rumours/news of any 00, 01 model having any problems with theirs. Maybe its still not their time yet? keke dunno la. 99 until now is about 4 yrs, 00/01 until now is about 3 yrs less, i hope blackbird's ECM doesn't just last for 4 yrs.

I'd let LOOIS checked on the problem, Meng Tong said its popular with 99 model blackbirds, i overheard him mentioned that this problem occurs on the ZX12R too. But anyway I just listen la...

He said a change of the ECM is necessary, of which the ignition have to be changed too, as the ignition is unique to the ECM, once the ECM is changed, the ignition have to be changed together. That would prolly cost more than a grand.

But then a 99 FI (or older model? I dunno never ride one before) can boast 300km/h or slightly more in stock condition as compared to later models. :D Of cos cannot win hayabusa or ZX12R la.. hur hur hur.... but its pretty crazy to hit the magical spot on the dial. :D :D :D :D

The problem on my 99 BB:

During rides, if the RPM exceeds 2.5k for about 10 seconds, the FI light will appear and stay lit. After I stop and put the bike on side stand with the engine running. The FI will blink for 2 long blinks, and 5 fast blinks. Indicating error 25 on the service manual. Which is the knock sensor problem.

The mech did checks for me, he checked for loose or poor connections on the knock sensor, its OK. He checked for continuity from the ECM grey connector blue wire to the knock sensor, its OK. That's where he determined the ECM was faulty. But the knock sensor wasn't replaced with a new one to test again. Could be the knock sensor(I dunno and too lazy to find out)

Some comments given by other BB owners

Your electrical system is like the foundation of a house. If you have problems there, it'll manifest itself as problems everywhere and you'll be on a wild goose chase hunting down symptoms.

Measure your battery/system voltage 1) with the bike off, and 2) with the bike running. You should be just above 12V with the bike off, and somewhere near 14V with the bike running.

How long does the bike have to run before the FI light comes on? Make sure that you're measuring the system voltage when the FI light comes on, to see if it's changed.

Start with this measurement....and if you're good there, then you can start to focus on the real cause of the problem.

You can either have a bad ground somewhere (less expensive !) , or your wires are shorting somewhere. This happened to me ('99 Bird).

At first the light would glow here and there. Any change in the current would either trigger it on or off - HI/LO beam, turn signal, brake light, etc. Then it would stay on longer and eventually shorted my FI unit.

Honda mechanics found the part of the harness (around the battery) rubbing against the frame. I was lucky it happened at home (I only had to push about two blocks ! ) and it was covered under extended warranty !!! Otherwise it would be about $1500 job.

Have it checked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,

It is a fairly common problem. It is usually a bad connection (ground). Mine was found immediately by the Honda dealer using their diagnostic computor. Check various grounds for loose connection.

All the ECM's are expensive. As a trafficer in used parts, I don't see an undue demand in ECM's for '99's versus any other year.

I'd still suspect your harness, which has been a frequent problem in the UK bikes, or, believe it or not, consider changing the knock sensor which the code indicates. As always in this case, I suggest you consider taking the bike to a qualified (on paper) repair facility. You can go broke quickly buying parts to swat out. The dealer is expensive, but this is why.....so they can afford to absorb the cost of figuring out what it is that Honda hath wrought.............

weird. always thought BB hv bullet proof engine design.

all these seems to point at carb model still the best option.

unless they cure the problem with the latest model, EFI seems

destined to dig big bucks out of owners....

The engine is really bullet proof, maybe just that the electronics on the first batch FI were abit haywire.

Most of the later versions should be already fine tuned.

To have a safe mind, maybe you can consider the carb model or 2001 models and beyond.

2nd batch FI models onwards fuel consumption is around 14-15km/litre. Just a rough guide, still it depends on riding behaviour and well maintenance of the bike.

Welcome you to the blackbird scene...

how to see whether is it 2nd batch or which batch it belong to..?? by the plate?? or any other way to really identify it?? any recalls for BB before?

--==anything more than a handful is waste==--

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/89/36/3386398/2918831032400l.jpg

how to see whether is it 2nd batch or which batch it belong to..?? by the plate?? or any other way to really identify it?? any recalls for BB before?

I not really sure.

2nd batch FI should be digital meter? 1st batch FI is still analog meter.

Best way is to check the log card for year of manufacture.

Recalls? I dunno man... have also dunno cos local agent couldn't care less or they rather act blur.

hey nitro, me found a 2001 fu plate model by private party going at 13.8k. is it ok to buy fr private, u found urs yet? any major problems 4 e 2001 model?

http://1990cbr1000f.superbikeclub.com/images/avatar_1.jpghttp://s.deviantart.com/static/fella-wrench.jpg

The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully.