SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

honda blackbird

roadtoad

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just asking about the traits of this bike. any blackbird riders out there have any views to share? getting the bike soon and need to get some info

which model u getting?

if getting the old, wait till the 2004 is officially launched, and the price will depreciate.

in fact, i am looking ard BB now. Still like Blue color.

Actually still can't make up my mind between 954, BB, FJR

Powerful, good touring bike, dun be cheated by the size and weight of it, its pretty nimble on the road.

Downside, its heavy (well for my size 170cm 65kg). Well its a HONDA. :p

3rd placed to other 2 hypersports zx12r and hayabusa but to each his own.

Just got one today. U are right, it is pretty nimble on the road and the power is simply amazing... almost did a wheelie though while testing the pick up against my friend's CBR 919.. need some time to get used to the bike.

any comments on the fuel consumption?

btw, its an injection model

(\'\',)

Just got one today. U are right, it is pretty nimble on the road and the power is simply amazing... almost did a wheelie though while testing the pick up against my friend's CBR 919.. need some time to get used to the bike.

Dude, how much you pay for it? What plate?

2nd batch FI models onwards fuel consumption is around 14-15km/litre. Just a rough guide, still it depends on riding behaviour and well maintenance of the bike.

Welcome you to the blackbird scene...

hi,so hows the pickup compared to cbr919? who won n by wat distance? :confused:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-1713.jpg

Slow Doesn't mean Safe,Fast doesn't mean Dangerous!!

hi,so hows the pickup compared to cbr919? who won n by wat distance? :confused:

tested it at 2 locations. my friend is an experienced sportsbike rider while i just switch from vara to BB. At nicole highway we had a little spin along tat stretch.. i guessed i did not release 100% of the throttle as im not sure if i coule handle the power. by third gear i reached 160km/h and nearing the end of nicole highway he was about 30m behind me.. due to inexperience on my part.. the other location's at jalan kayu rd.. did a 200m dash on first gear... lost the pick up test as i wheelied accidently and by the time i steadied myself he was 50 m ahead and we head on for pratas and teh tarik.. inexperience cost me again... :sweat: end of the day, riders play a important part, nt machine.. then again, will thrash him when we meet in a week's time... :nono:

(\'\',)

2nd batch FI models onwards fuel consumption is around 14-15km/litre. Just a rough guide, still it depends on riding behaviour and well maintenance of the bike.

Welcome you to the blackbird scene...

Thanks dude, i might add some broquet to increase fuel economy.. still, from a varadero to a BB.. its a relief to me... :D

(\'\',)

Thanks dude, i might add some broquet to increase fuel economy.. still, from a varadero to a BB.. its a relief to me... :D

welcome welcome... :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Saintdudu/desaru%20080706/allbikes2.jpg

U cAn SpEeD .... bUt CaN u StOp In TiMe??

"SpeEd On BrOtHeR, HELL AiNt FULL

PoWeR iS nOtHiNg WiThOuT cOnTrOl

yo nitro, sorry bout the late reply. got it for 17000 on the road. including insurance, road tax, transfer etc.. mint condition man... couple of accessories too.. :D

Dude, what Plate is your Bike and how is the Mileage like?

I am just monitoring the market, still waiting for a good bargain.

You must be pretty good in handling the bike even it goes off Wheelie.

Happy Riding your BB

Dude, what Plate is your Bike and how is the Mileage like?

I am just monitoring the market, still waiting for a good bargain.

You must be pretty good in handling the bike even it goes off Wheelie.

Happy Riding your BB

plate is a fu 2 digit but the shop sold the plate to somebody else so i got a fx plate instead. milage is 40000km flat. couple of tiny scratches but i can live with it and rest of the bike is in mint condition. the engine damn smooth too... no complains..

nah.. the wheelie is nt what u call a standard one. estimate bout 10cm of the ground.. freaked me out though, tot i was going to buang on the same day i get the bike... :sweat:

(\'\',)

plate is a fu 2 digit but the shop sold the plate to somebody else so i got a fx plate instead. milage is 40000km flat. couple of tiny scratches but i can live with it and rest of the bike is in mint condition. the engine damn smooth too... no complains..

nah.. the wheelie is nt what u call a standard one. estimate bout 10cm of the ground.. freaked me out though, tot i was going to buang on the same day i get the bike... :sweat:

looks like a reasonable buy based on the price since accessories throw in.

do you find 40000km for 2 years a bit high?

BTW, what makes you buy a BB? rather than a 954, R1 or FJR?

Wat color your BB?

yesterday morning riding to work, at red light, there is one Blue R1 and a Black BB next to it. Both bikes look nice to me.

looks like a reasonable buy based on the price since accessories throw in.

do you find 40000km for 2 years a bit high?

BTW, what makes you buy a BB? rather than a 954, R1 or FJR?

Wat color your BB?

yesterday morning riding to work, at red light, there is one Blue R1 and a Black BB next to it. Both bikes look nice to me.

i guessed its pretty ok to me, milage i mean... Such bike is built to last as long as u maintain it. ex owner uses it for touring and state of bike n engine is almost showroom condition. tried n tested and im satisfied wif it.

Man, Choosing between Hypersports and Supersports? i dun tink im going track so R1 and 954 is out for me.. y choose them when u can choose between Haya, BB and ZX-12? pick up alone u r on par with any of the bikes u can think of and top end, the hypersports is unbeatable, if u have the balls to go above 260km/hr. as for FJR i had a Vara before and i tot i should try a different type of touring bike.. :smile:

mine's a silver bird.. looked damned good and can't wait to get on it every morning.. :bounce:

(\'\',)

i guessed its pretty ok to me, milage i mean... Such bike is built to last as long as u maintain it. ex owner uses it for touring and state of bike n engine is almost showroom condition. tried n tested and im satisfied wif it.

Man, Choosing between Hypersports and Supersports? i dun tink im going track so R1 and 954 is out for me.. y choose them when u can choose between Haya, BB and ZX-12? pick up alone u r on par with any of the bikes u can think of and top end, the hypersports is unbeatable, if u have the balls to go above 260km/hr. as for FJR i had a Vara before and i tot i should try a different type of touring bike.. :smile:

mine's a silver bird.. looked damned good and can't wait to get on it every morning.. :bounce:

Glad that you found your true love.

BTW, can give some advices on how you go about looking for BB?

and how to inspect to ensure its engine is in the state of art?

I am still waiting for some good bargains. I can still live with my Shadow 600 cos my work place is so near to my home.

But heart itchy itchy to own one of these fairing bikes. kinda lifetime experience

Glad that you found your true love.

BTW, can give some advices on how you go about looking for BB?

and how to inspect to ensure its engine is in the state of art?

I am still waiting for some good bargains. I can still live with my Shadow 600 cos my work place is so near to my home.

But heart itchy itchy to own one of these fairing bikes. kinda lifetime experience

Well, depends on your luck also.. i went from one bike shop to another searching for one of the 3 kings... found this BB at one shop tucked away in a corner.. love at first sight... switch on the engine and listen for knocks.. then check condition.. no major crash evidence and brought it on the spot... so far so good.. went with my instinct and din really inspect right to the last detail..

engine changed to car engine oil.. Mobil.. forgot the name but cost about $97.50.. My friend's 919 changed to it and his engine become silent and smooth.. when he stop, can't hear his bike running man...

get a hypersports once in ur life... becoz ur worth it ;)

(\'\',)

Well, depends on your luck also.. i went from one bike shop to another searching for one of the 3 kings... found this BB at one shop tucked away in a corner.. love at first sight... switch on the engine and listen for knocks.. then check condition.. no major crash evidence and brought it on the spot... so far so good.. went with my instinct and din really inspect right to the last detail..

engine changed to car engine oil.. Mobil.. forgot the name but cost about $97.50.. My friend's 919 changed to it and his engine become silent and smooth.. when he stop, can't hear his bike running man...

get a hypersports once in ur life... becoz ur worth it ;)

one bottle engine oil $97.50? how many bottles needed for BB?

how your maintenance like for BB, come across maintenace charges posted by some of the kind souls here for BB.

Which motordiam, u got your luv from?

i ever ask a Motordiam for a 2nd hand bike on display. Ask him prices and everything. Followed by the golden question "How long guarantee problems free, 2 or 3mths?"

He replied "Based on Trust".

I have never believed in all these Verbal Promises.

one bottle engine oil $97.50? how many bottles needed for BB?

how your maintenance like for BB, come across maintenace charges posted by some of the kind souls here for BB.

Which motordiam, u got your luv from?

i ever ask a Motordiam for a 2nd hand bike on display. Ask him prices and everything. Followed by the golden question "How long guarantee problems free, 2 or 3mths?"

He replied "Based on Trust".

I have never believed in all these Verbal Promises.

$97.50 for the big bottle.. not the little bottles that costs $18 per bottle.

1 bottle is enough..

maintainance standard loh.. spark plugs,engine oil, alternate changing of oil filter.. Maybe around $200 per service...

got it from the big shop at serangoon rd.. the only big shop

like wat i said, mostly luck that i got my bike.. listen to what they have to say then make your own judgement.. :smile:

(\'\',)

$97.50 for the big bottle.. not the little bottles that costs $18 per bottle.

1 bottle is enough..

maintainance standard loh.. spark plugs,engine oil, alternate changing of oil filter.. Maybe around $200 per service...

got it from the big shop at serangoon rd.. the only big shop

like wat i said, mostly luck that i got my bike.. listen to what they have to say then make your own judgement.. :smile:

did u do your maintenance there as well?

I have been there to search for a brand new bike. Their new BB comes with the awful 'B@@nS!eW' stickers. Sales advised me not to get BB as the 2004 model would be lauching soon thus causing the old model's prices to fall.

Sales was pushing hard to persuade me put deposit for 954. Ask him can get "2 Digit" number plate. Told me can get @ $1.2K

Honestly speaking, still can make up my mind if i want to get brand new or 2nd hand. If I dont intend to sell, it would be advisable to get brand new. But i have no idea, if I would want to ride it for another 10 years. Have bad experience getting 2nd bikes too.

did u do your maintenance there as well?

I have been there to search for a brand new bike. Their new BB comes with the awful 'B@@nS!eW' stickers. Sales advised me not to get BB as the 2004 model would be lauching soon thus causing the old model's prices to fall.

Sales was pushing hard to persuade me put deposit for 954. Ask him can get "2 Digit" number plate. Told me can get @ $1.2K

Honestly speaking, still can make up my mind if i want to get brand new or 2nd hand. If I dont intend to sell, it would be advisable to get brand new. But i have no idea, if I would want to ride it for another 10 years. Have bad experience getting 2nd bikes too.

Nope, doing my maintainance at pan motors at ubi. the way they service bike is very through.

New bike, CBR 1200XX coming out in 2004 (rumours)... Same old stuff.. old model price will fall and the new one will cost u.. just look at the super4 scenerio.. my advice? Get it in 2005 if u can wait that long.. Same situation for 954. two digit plate just bid directly from LTA anywhere, anytime...

im got a 2nd hand bike coz i might be tempted to get the 1200XX.. get the hang of it then upgrade again.. then again, throwing in a yoshimura full system exhaust and tuning it with a power commander might do the trick.. cost less than $2500. Better than paying 23k to 25k for the new model... :giddy:

Finally, if i were u i would get a 10k to 12k hypersports, thrash it for a year(no need run in), then get a new one to ride to your heart's content... :cheers:

(\'\',)

Nope, doing my maintainance at pan motors at ubi. the way they service bike is very through.

New bike, CBR 1200XX coming out in 2004 (rumours)... Same old stuff.. old model price will fall and the new one will cost u.. just look at the super4 scenerio.. my advice? Get it in 2005 if u can wait that long.. Same situation for 954. two digit plate just bid directly from LTA anywhere, anytime...

im got a 2nd hand bike coz i might be tempted to get the 1200XX.. get the hang of it then upgrade again.. then again, throwing in a yoshimura full system exhaust and tuning it with a power commander might do the trick.. cost less than $2500. Better than paying 23k to 25k for the new model... :giddy:

Finally, if i were u i would get a 10k to 12k hypersports, thrash it for a year(no need run in), then get a new one to ride to your heart's content... :cheers:

thanks for your valuable advice.

But to spend 10K - 12k to thrash it, heart a bit pain pain.

Buying a 2nd hand is no big hiccups, but if sway sway kenna one damn problematic, always has to spend $ and time going to motordiam.

What you suggested is pretty valuable, as me to migrate for chopper to Hypersports, must need sometime to accustom to. Thus not advisable to get brand new.

Currently, just waiting for a good bargain, aiming for a less than 2 years old Blue color BB, mileage cant be so high.

So did you change your exhaust and retune it?

What is the top speed you have wacked?

thanks for your valuable advice.

But to spend 10K - 12k to thrash it, heart a bit pain pain.

Buying a 2nd hand is no big hiccups, but if sway sway kenna one damn problematic, always has to spend $ and time going to motordiam.

What you suggested is pretty valuable, as me to migrate for chopper to Hypersports, must need sometime to accustom to. Thus not advisable to get brand new.

Currently, just waiting for a good bargain, aiming for a less than 2 years old Blue color BB, mileage cant be so high.

So did you change your exhaust and retune it?

What is the top speed you have wacked?

Hope u find what u r looking for... check out the classified in the straits time today. they have some busa for sale. might find a good deal there..

im currently saving money to modify my bike.. exhausted all my reserves in buying the bike... :giddy: will cost me 1800 for the full exhaust and 590 for the power commander.. sigh.. maybe by christmas.. ;)

so far hit 200km/hr++ on the AYE.. bloody hell of brute, i mean the bike.. not even a whimper from the engine at that speed.. :lol: :lol: :lol: will try and hit 300 when i go KL next month... :D

(\'\',)