SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda RS150R

Movitar

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am riding the RS150R.

IMO if compared with FZ16 and Spark 135, RS150R is a better choice.

RS150R has smoother acceleration and more powerful pickup.

Do take note of its light handling at the front during sudden accelerating as it will wobble slightly if caught unprepared.

Its 6 gear feature is a plus point as you can cruise on the highway without stressing the engine and enjoy better fuel economy.

Front tire 90/80 and rear tire 120/70 = more tire contact on the road surface and more stability.

Its design is sharp looking and neat. A stylish design that is suitable for riders from all ages.

I never rode on a Yamaha Sniper 150 before thus unable to compare as it is a close competitor of the RS150R.

I have read about reviews of its poor braking efficiency but I have no complains about the braking power as utilizing engine braking + front/rear brakes is sufficient for me.

If you are an aggressive rider and enjoy the speed, you definitely need to upgrade the whole braking system.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

• 2 weeks later...

i saw one couple aunty uncle

riding rs150r red color

the color is the same color sold in msia

it seems ythis model comes from Indonesia parallel import

anyway, this bike in msia has no complains

so worth to buy in spore

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you very much for your kindness consideration. By God's Grace.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail; Save trees

www.heritagebaptist.org

www.worldvision.org

www.cfcindia.com

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html free God's Word

Boon Siew is the authorized agent for this bike and not a parallel import unless the bike shop bought in PI models.

Anyways, I am still in the running in process.

The bike likes its rev range to be above 3k rpm, if not it will be "coughing" for the rider to throttle up.

The stock tires don't feel that reliable, gotta upgrade those when its due for tire change.

I have to say that the ride has been enjoyable so far

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Bro, mine is matt black with a bit of red.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So far been riding this bike for 3 months,

1) first time come out from bike shop, the breaking was weak at first .maybe new thats why

2) the gear difficult to put to neutral, you need to adjust the clutch cable screw at the bottom.

3)The seat cover at the pillion side came off a bit, maybe i tompang heavy pillon haha , just put some screw can already.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341032[/ATTACH] a[ATTACH=CONFIG]341033[/ATTACH]

http://www.tagged.com/photo_view.html?uid=5383257432&photoId=94713363

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today from dexing got for 10.3k without insurance and no free top box I paid additional 150 for a kappa 49l box and rack, interest 4% annum... I got no early penalty or insurance must buy from him cos I long term customer with him coe at 4.9k... my insurance 3rd party fire and theft is $260.

Just for reference to other people who might be interested to get this bike... can talk to Patrick the boss and strike a deal among yourselves on the terms and conditions.

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!

hi bro, just wanted to check with you a few things...:sweat:

did you do a running in of your bike? if yes how fast did you rode?

By how many kms did you 1st change your EO? and what EO you used ?

Whats your idling rpm?... mine is almost 1.7k... i may want to adjust it lower to maybe 1k when i do the first oil change..

thanks for the help... im quite a noob...

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!

I rode for the first 1000 km @ below 80km/h

After that change oil using shell advance 20w50 its a mineral base oil.By now u can go above 80km/h already.

Ride for until about 3000km and change oil to shell fully synthetic.

By the way there is no oil filter for this bike unlike yamaha sniper150

Save money on filter but need to change oil regularly

About the idling speed standard when cold start its around almost 2000rpm and its will slowy reduce to 1600rpm when its up to operational temperature its is due to its auto choke procedures

I agree with u the idling speed is high , i still has to find out where to adjust the speed . The owners manual didn't state any, i'll let u know once i open the bike to change the spark plug hence look for the adjustment knob/screw

Edited by kekejaman
http://www.tagged.com/photo_view.html?uid=5383257432&photoId=94713363

I rode for the first 1000 km @ below 80km/h

After that change oil using shell advance 20w50 its a mineral base oil.By now u can go above 80km/h already.

Ride for until about 3000km and change oil to shell fully synthetic.

By the way there is no oil filter for this bike unlike yamaha sniper150

Save money on filter but need to change oil regularly

About the idling speed standard when cold start its around almost 2000rpm and its will slowy reduce to 1600rpm when its up to operational temperature its is due to its auto choke procedures

I agree with u the idling speed is high , i still has to find out where to adjust the speed . The owners manual didn't state any, i'll let u know once i open the bike to change the spark plug hence look for the adjustment knob/screw

Wow thanks for the information... 1000k a bit too much for me...:cheeky: now I reach 300km already...been riding ard 60-70 Kmh without any dragging of gears... I feel like changing it to semi syn oil once I reach 400 km and start riding it at ard 80kmh without any dragging of gears until it reaches 800km ... after which will change to fully syn and start dragging and consider running in done... :p

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Has anyone fixed the Kappa front box (the one with a cover and lock) already? I went to Ah Boy and they told me out of stock. I don't like the idea to go JB to fix as I haven't rode to JB for more than 10 years already. Where else in SG can I buy this box? As I notice this bike key is very long, will the box be blocking the way for the key access?

As for the brakes, yes I agree too they are quite soft. I am considering to upgrade to steel braided hose.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow thanks for the information... 1000k a bit too much for me...:cheeky: now I reach 300km already...been riding ard 60-70 Kmh without any dragging of gears... I feel like changing it to semi syn oil once I reach 400 km and start riding it at ard 80kmh without any dragging of gears until it reaches 800km ... after which will change to fully syn and start dragging and consider running in done... :p

Let me recall back, I think that time I changed at 500km, 1500km then 3000km, estimated around 2 months EO change interval. I just ride as per normal all the while.

Hi. Has anyone fixed the Kappa front box (the one with a cover and lock) already? I went to Ah Boy and they told me out of stock. I don't like the idea to go JB to fix as I haven't rode to JB for more than 10 years already. Where else in SG can I buy this box? As I notice this bike key is very long, will the box be blocking the way for the key access?

As for the brakes, yes I agree too they are quite soft. I am considering to upgrade to steel braided hose.

I using the traditional old school basket :D

Good to change the brake hose to steel braided ones. I am also considering.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

I just bought mine today, Repsol colour, Price was $10K on the road.

Any idea which street legal pipe fits?

Hi welcome.

That's a very good price due to the lower COE.

No street legal exhaust yet, still waiting.