SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Van Reverse into my Bike

stRobe

I was about to exit a car park and 1 passenger van was infront of me. The car park barrier wouldnt open and the van suddenly reversed. When i saw the reverse lights, in my panic I forgot where the horn was and pressed the 'start' button repeatedly instead (i ride a wave 125s,start button n horn same colour).

My bike went under the rear bumper of the van and fell to the left. My left mirror broken, left handlebar and footrest all dented. Front Wheel also not straight. Internal parts I hope no problem.

I wasnt injured cos my bike was stationary when the van reversed into me. The driver was an ah pek.Since my bike engine no prob (bike can move) i folowed him to the motorshop near Speedway (bt. batok).

Mechanic said he would straighten the dented parts, replace mirror and realign the front fork. estimate cost abt $100. Tmr evening collect.Scratches next time airbrush the bike one shot.

After reading the posts on accidents, i thought tt no point claiming from his insurance..troublesome and since I was BEHIND, the bloody ins company might blame me instead..Might also say I was the one who banged the van.Though in my view the van driver didnt check his rear mirror b4 reversing.

So LL I pay $30 for the repair n the apek pay the rest.Hope he keep his word to pay the rest of the damage n not claim from my ins (anw his bumper hardly visible scratch marks).

What I learned today:

1)Keep a safe distance even from stationary veh

2)Know where is the horn

3)How sad it is to part with yr bike even for 1 day

In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hm..just 2 points that went thru my mind as i read yr story..

1. since the van driver was ready to admit his fault..then why do u have to fork out $30?

2. parts that are bent back may or may not look/function as they originally were...are u prepared to tahan those parts?

i thought it would be good if u can consider them

:goodluck:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

In the case where the vehicle in front reverses... Pls do obtain a statement stating he is at fault and both parties sign... Something in black and white. Because this has happened and the case went to court and all..

He can easily claim ur insurance shld he decide to be a snake. He can claim ur in the wrong, esp if damage to his vehicle is extensive.

Hope all goes well with u.

By the way, the $30 u forked out is puzzling... why, when ur not in the wrong?

Even the most precious of memories fade with the passage of time

When i saw my bike lying on the ground i was damn mad with the driver and yelled at him when he got out of his veh. But later on the way to bike shop i thought abt it and felt tt i was partly to blame for stopping too close behind.

Having driven vans b4, i noe tt it is quite diff to see what is immediately behind via the rear view mirror. intially he wanted to split 50-50, but later agreed tt i pay $30, he pay the rest.

Anw i tink the driver can be trusted..old chap driving a 'school bus'. We agreed not to make any further claims/report. His rear bumper only a bit scratch..

Anw thx guys.. ill definitely consider getting him to sign a statement in black n white tmr when i collect my bike.

personally..u r too kind hearted.. for me.. i wil change to new parts ardy.. new fork and footrest..let him learn his lesson and he wun dare to come near bikers liao..

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

the prob nw is the bike came too near the minibus not the other way round...

Watever it is replace the OEM parts, no point bendin a damage part to use...

these items wont cost more then $200 if u changed them in jb

to play safe collect $150 from the driver for damages, tell him u decide to change new parts

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

jus got back my bike.. the fork feels normal.. only the footrest still feels dented. maybe need to change myself. Anw jus hope to put this issue behind.. since the driver will settle the rest of the charges with the bike shop.