SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2009 / 2010

lobagola

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The initial pickup is around 4k RPM, which is high for the default roller set, if you want quick pickup can change to sport roller/slider which pickup can be as low as 2.5~3k RPM but personally I don't like that as too sensitive, one small turn the sheep is jumping off the line, can be dangerous sometime.

CVT (continuous variable transmission) work with heavy initial load, once the belt pull the final drive (rear wheel gear) and move, the belt will slip to balance the load and transmit the drive power, it is smooth and fast in changing front/rear ratio, so-called automatic. So once it move, it can accelerates very fast till the ratio reaches it limit, which is around 8k RPM and even you go further, the engine will not be able to transmit more power to the rear, the belt start to slip and generates a lot of heat in the 'gearbox'.

So RPM between 5.5k to 7.5k is the best and most powerful range, also more economical (lowest FC) for the engine, higher or lower FC goes up and power is not optimal. At 7.5k RPM, speed can hit 120+km/h when the belt is in optimal ratio.

One caution, don't hold your rear brake when move off, it is creating a lot of stress to the brake and belt, it shorten both life span.

Hi Bro, as you mentioned. speed of 120km/h at 7.5k RPM? are you talking in terms of stock condition or aftermarket parts?

The most my scooter can reach is 110km/h at 9k RPM. Max already. (Stock)

7K RPM 90km/h

Do I have to change the rollers / variator / etc...

I only manage to see 2 types of cover. May I know what kind of side faring u referring too? Stock or special ones?

Side fearing for the alien 1.. There is 1 more like cover it wif acrylic 1..

Looking for chiong 1 leh.. U got any lobang?

120km/h RPM can be from around 7.5k when it stablise, but not more than 9k, I am using stock parts (belt and rollers, etc), but just changed after acquired my Evo.

If yours running at 9k RPM for 110km/h? I suspect your belt is slipping, either the belt is aging or roller is not working well or the variator is dirty (too dusty inside). Also, your final drive (gear oil) changed after 5000km (and every 5k interval)? if the gear oil is due, it can cause the belt to slip too.

BTW, my Evo is fitted with the magnetic fuel coupling and it effectively reduces the RPM by average 300~500 RPM compared to without the device.

Anyway, once reaches 120km/h, even throttle harder also almost cannot go further, so your case may be throttle a bit too hard, the around 7.5k RPM is minimum throttle just to maintain the speed on flat straight road (expressway). Once above 100km/h, Evo is too light (front is floating), not advisable to keep on that speed for long. The aero-dynamic is not good, the wind shield cause a lot of wind resistance too.

Hi Bro, as you mentioned. speed of 120km/h at 7.5k RPM? are you talking in terms of stock condition or aftermarket parts?

7K RPM 90km/h

Edited by deepblur

120km/h RPM can be from around 7.5k when it stablise, but not more than 9k, I am using stock parts (belt and rollers, etc), but just changed after acquired my Evo.

If yours running at 9k RPM for 110km/h? I suspect your belt is slipping, either the belt is aging or roller is not working well or the variator is dirty (too dusty inside). Also, your final drive (gear oil) changed after 5000km (and every 5k interval)? if the gear oil is due, it can cause the belt to slip too.

BTW, my Evo is fitted with the magnetic fuel coupling and it effectively reduces the RPM by average 300~500 RPM compared to without the device.

Anyway, once reaches 120km/h, even throttle harder also almost cannot go further, so your case may be throttle a bit too hard, the around 7.5k RPM is minimum throttle just to maintain the speed on flat straight road (expressway). Once above 100km/h, Evo is too light (front is floating), not advisable to keep on that speed for long. The aero-dynamic is not good, the wind shield cause a lot of wind resistance too.

Are we talking about different make of scooter?

I'm riding a GTS 200. I don't know if you are talking about Evo.

Just changed gear oil and belt + rollers. Even changed a new variator because old one too worn.

Almost 90% of the engine parts (except for carb vs EFi) are the same for GTS and Evo, so it should be about the same. I am not 100% sure about GTS but the belt drive should be similar and the power ratio should also be similar. Yes/no?

The only different I notice so far is the operating temperature, GTS seems to be lower than Evo, maybe EFi generates more heat? or the physical design trapped more heat on Evo??

When I changed the new belt set, it slip for almost a week till it settle down, than the pulling is really good, the RPM seem lower compared to worn belt, I dunno how long this good feel can last but at least for now.

Are we talking about different make of scooter?

I'm riding a GTS 200. I don't know if you are talking about Evo.

Just changed gear oil and belt + rollers. Even changed a new variator because old one too worn.

7K RPM 90km/h

Hi bro, my GTS travelling at 100km/h & my RPM slightly above 7k, if at 7k RPM almost reach 110km/h, all stock condition for me on a 3years old GTS scooter. The secret is to check ur gear box bro, gears & bearings play part bro, ive changed a few gear bearings, result.... responded pick up.. But of course i did changed belt, rollers and servicing at the same time. :thumb:

I did travel at 120km/h with minimal vibration feeling on fully stock condition bike.

Hi bro, my GTS travelling at 100km/h & my RPM slightly above 7k, if at 7k RPM almost reach 110km/h, all stock condition for me on a 3years old GTS scooter. The secret is to check ur gear box bro, gears & bearings play part bro, ive changed a few gear bearings, result.... responded pick up.. But of course i did changed belt, rollers and servicing at the same time. :thumb:

I did travel at 120km/h with minimal vibration feeling on fully stock condition bike.

Thanks for the info bro.

how much did you change the gears and bearings?

I suspect my gearbox not in very good condition also.

Because there was once i did not change gearbox oil for almost 10,000+KM.

GTS/Evo series gearbox only have around 100ml of gear oil, which is better to change at least every 5000km as per service manual stated, unlike bigger scooter with more gear oil.

Although gear oil more on lubricating and protecting the gears, it is always good to refresh the oil for better maintenance, anyway, it is very easy to change and not expensive.

Thanks for the info bro.

how much did you change the gears and bearings?

I suspect my gearbox not in very good condition also.

Because there was once i did not change gearbox oil for almost 10,000+KM.

Hi guys, would like to check where or which shop to find used sym scooter because i.would to buy it with financing. would like to have a excel 2 or fighter. thanks

07/2006 - Passed 2B, FBA5X4XP Kawasaki KIPS (7/06-8/08)

FBA2X6XS Suzuki Smash 110 (3/11-???)

07/2008 - Passed 2A, FZ4X0XU Honda CB400 VTEC 3 (8/08-???)

12/2010 - Passed 2,

RIDE SAFETY !!!!:thumb:

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

Has anyone seen this kinda bikes? It was kinda cool. Parked at TTSH.

BTW How many of you guys are interested in a Sym Scooter Meet up? Write your names below. I really want to get the ball rolling.

1. Iskandershah

If you love robotics, Join us at our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SgRoboticsClub

If you are SYM Scooter Rider, come join us at our facebook page at http://tinyurl.com/ssogs (lots of touring to be done)

2012 - Present : SYM Joymax GTS 300i Evo

2010 - 2012 : Honda Super Four CB400 Revo

2004 - 2010 : Honda Phantom TA 200