SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2009 / 2010

lobagola

Givi top box quality drops alot, most of the time it jam if you never push the lever carefully, very siah.

Also the plate catch is not very good, the box basically move when the bike/scooter move, sometime really worry whether it will fall off?

But it looks nicer compared to Shad, which is very much more solid. So just try to get used to it.

I tot i was the most unlucky dude again, I tot my new chio2 givi topbox spoiled.

But lucky i did a google search on how 2 unlock & lock a givi monolock box and this wonderfully youtube pop up!

So guys here 4 sharing-

I was so so so angry, till i remember the last commend about toned down lik bro deepblur.

So calmed down n tell myself to go home and google search 1st.

Lol that the best thing i get frm SAF!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indeed a good read. Whatever he write have alot of point.

But our elders lik parents are always against the idea of riding as it really dangerous, not just the rider but the drivers and other riders.

So i hav 2 agree with them, but i truthy enjoy riding and somehow have reach a point with my mom that i ride a scooter which she think is safer but i dont know y. And a maxi scooter fits all my bill well where comfy 4 me n partner and we love shopping so its portable storeroom and its speed is good 4 singapore traffic n highway. BUT raining is a super sian thing man!

Givi top box quality drops alot, most of the time it jam if you never push the lever carefully, very siah.

Also the plate catch is not very good, the box basically move when the bike/scooter move, sometime really worry whether it will fall off?

But it looks nicer compared to Shad, which is very much more solid. So just try to get used to it.

Ya when i reach my home early in the evening, i spend lik 15mins trying 2 lock man. Like a ...., lol

But its white is chio la, look over function 4 me! haha will b nice to it lik how i treat my 200ievo xiao bai!

Scooter always gives people a safer assumption as we all see some really old folks riding super old vespa on the road, but not as many old folks riding bike. On the other hand, old vespa is 'slower' compared to bike (may not be true actually) so it is deem to be safer too.

I have a street bike, my evo is just for fun, bike is fun and better controlled than scooter, but scooter is relaxing, and my big backside fit the scooter seat better.

Rain is the biggest problem for riders, a few of my friends we are exploring 'air-con' for bike/scooter, it sound crazy but it may work to some extend for rain gear with circulated air to overcome the heat. If this idea can work, than raining day will be less disturbing with full rain gear.

indeed a good read. Whatever he write have alot of point.

But our elders lik parents are always against the idea of riding as it really dangerous, not just the rider but the drivers and other riders.

So i hav 2 agree with them, but i truthy enjoy riding and somehow have reach a point with my mom that i ride a scooter which she think is safer but i dont know y. And a maxi scooter fits all my bill well where comfy 4 me n partner and we love shopping so its portable storeroom and its speed is good 4 singapore traffic n highway. BUT raining is a super sian thing man!

Scooter always gives people a safer assumption as we all see some really old folks riding super old vespa on the road, but not as many old folks riding bike. On the other hand, old vespa is 'slower' compared to bike (may not be true actually) so it is deem to be safer too.

I have a street bike, my evo is just for fun, bike is fun and better controlled than scooter, but scooter is relaxing, and my big backside fit the scooter seat better.

Rain is the biggest problem for riders, a few of my friends we are exploring 'air-con' for bike/scooter, it sound crazy but it may work to some extend for rain gear with circulated air to overcome the heat. If this idea can work, than raining day will be less disturbing with full rain gear.

Yup i think your right about the safe-ness about scooter, haha i rode a vespa lx150 b4 and i personally felt its more dangerous den bike. Wheels too small, so ebrake mean wheel lock and raining mean more slippy and 100km/hr its already floating. But Vespa is super classic and nv get tired look @. But so far 200ievo let me feel safe, d only thing is its big so abit hard 2 squeese in between car when stop 4 traffic light.

Acturally always wanted a street bike, was aimm=ing for ktm duke200 but after weighting all my needs. 200ievo fits my bill more and so far im super glad with it and nv regret. But if nxt time i gt a family car den i gt my dream bike ducati monster d 600 efi de! Chio la, think its in d article u shared. Haha but now enjoy my 200ievo for at least 3year, needa tk my class 2a den 2 and 3. too lazy to take.

Actually our lady is like cat, as long as the two wing mirror can go through, the whole evo can go through.

Don't take thing for granted, our lady is not very safe also, the fat rear tyre can slip in raining day and on white painted marking, be careful. Scooter wheels are always too small to be safe, even PCX (14") still quite easy to lose control than any street bike.

If you can ride 2A scooter, Honda silver wing may be the next best to consider, it is the bigger version of PCX (or PCX is the smaller version of silver wing), good engine, great performance, reliable.

Best if street bike can have CVT (auto gear) and have good storage space, but this still a dream.

Yup i think your right about the safe-ness about scooter, haha i rode a vespa lx150 b4 and i personally felt its more dangerous den bike. Wheels too small, so ebrake mean wheel lock and raining mean more slippy and 100km/hr its already floating. But Vespa is super classic and nv get tired look @. But so far 200ievo let me feel safe, d only thing is its big so abit hard 2 squeese in between car when stop 4 traffic light.

Acturally always wanted a street bike, was aimm=ing for ktm duke200 but after weighting all my needs. 200ievo fits my bill more and so far im super glad with it and nv regret. But if nxt time i gt a family car den i gt my dream bike ducati monster d 600 efi de! Chio la, think its in d article u shared. Haha but now enjoy my 200ievo for at least 3year, needa tk my class 2a den 2 and 3. too lazy to take.

Actually our lady is like cat, as long as the two wing mirror can go through, the whole evo can go through.

Don't take thing for granted, our lady is not very safe also, the fat rear tyre can slip in raining day and on white painted marking, be careful. Scooter wheels are always too small to be safe, even PCX (14") still quite easy to lose control than any street bike.

If you can ride 2A scooter, Honda silver wing may be the next best to consider, it is the bigger version of PCX (or PCX is the smaller version of silver wing), good engine, great performance, reliable.

Best if street bike can have CVT (auto gear) and have good storage space, but this still a dream.

The GTS Evo 300i Mirror is proportional to the tip of the handle bar. So just gauge if handle bar can squeeze your whole bike can squeeze..

BTW is the outing tomorrow is postponed again.. i have last min job to do:( going Melacca by this bike on Saturday Morning. Need to go JB to get a Jacket.

If you love robotics, Join us at our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SgRoboticsClub

If you are SYM Scooter Rider, come join us at our facebook page at http://tinyurl.com/ssogs (lots of touring to be done)

2012 - Present : SYM Joymax GTS 300i Evo

2010 - 2012 : Honda Super Four CB400 Revo

2004 - 2010 : Honda Phantom TA 200

Btw i was reading SYMforum.com and i have noticed that there is a malaysian dealer selling taller windshield for SYm. 120 Ringgit... SGD 60.. Maybe i will fix it over the weekend. I cannot tahan the wind blowing on my helmet at high speed;(

If you love robotics, Join us at our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/SgRoboticsClub

If you are SYM Scooter Rider, come join us at our facebook page at http://tinyurl.com/ssogs (lots of touring to be done)

COE for bike shoot up to $2012, wow.... new ride is going to be more expensive.... :(

On the other hand, someone wrote an article on bike, let see our government will act on it positively?

upset man bro....i was hoping it drop a bit or stay so that i'm ready to place my order with the bike shop...but it went up!!! by quite a bit up too!! zZz

Wow bro, best chance to test your new love :shy:

Anyway, be careful and don't go too fast, we will like to have your sharing on riding experience to Malacca. :thumb:

The GTS Evo 300i Mirror is proportional to the tip of the handle bar. So just gauge if handle bar can squeeze your whole bike can squeeze..

BTW is the outing tomorrow is postponed again.. i have last min job to do:( going Melacca by this bike on Saturday Morning. Need to go JB to get a Jacket.

Although the wing mirrors are the good guide, but still need to cater more width for leg down in case, if have topbox, also need to be careful, I saw one joker's top box hit the side mirror of a van and the driver scolded him like the joker own money never pay. The joker was on GTS 200, both mirrors ok, never leg down but wobble due to too slow speed.

* Duplicate *

Safe trip Bro. Enjoy ur tour and work, Cheers!

upset man bro....i was hoping it drop a bit or stay so that i'm ready to place my order with the bike shop...but it went up!!! by quite a bit up too!! zZz

Ya i know the feeling, i wait from 1800+ to 1400+ den tot will drop further but who know it went up 1800+ den finally i get it 1500+.

So just wait n see if u are not in rush 2 get bike. wish u all d best!

Although the wing mirrors are the good guide, but still need to cater more width for leg down in case, if have topbox, also need to be careful, I saw one joker's top box hit the side mirror of a van and the driver scolded him like the joker own money never pay. The joker was on GTS 200, both mirrors ok, never leg down but wobble due to too slow speed.

Haha. ya my got top box man, so everytime i must squeese slowly between them with leg down.

For some reason, I am less stable on scooter than bike, always paddle like duck and my friend told me it really look awful from behind, LOL :cheeky:

Guess what, My gf also telling me d same thing when i lobang her. lololol. but 4 safety, how ugly also must b la. whahaha

Hi all, updates on this problem on overheating.

Good for sharing hope it helps others.

Recap on the problem.

Bike temp goes up gradually but surely. Esp on long expressway rides.

Hit 4bars. There are 5bars i think. But at 4bars, smoke is already coming out from the coolant reserve tank. and coolant overflow onto the tarmac.

Normally, bike temp never exceeds 1bar for normal riding. super jam condition at most 2 bars. never see 3 bars before.

1st diagnosis by most mech, worn head gasket (without checking the bike yet)

Refused to repair because there are no signs of head gasket worn.

No oil in coolant, no coolant in oil. No white smoke from exhaust.

Then they found the coolant reserve tank leak (Leak caused by high temp causing high pressure)

At first suspect cooling system losing pressure. Thus boiling point of coolant is lower. causing coolant to boil and lose its heat transfer capability.

Replaced coolant reserve tank. Flush and replace coolant

Bike still over heat.

Coolant reserve tank leak again.

Changed again. flushed and replace coolant again.

This time, removed thermostat to see if bike still overheats. suspect thermostat fail in closed position.

But bike still overheats.

On the verge of giving up. Then decided to give it 1 last try with another mech.

Because this is a good bike that serve me well. Not willing to give up without finding out the problem. Call me stubborn.

Sent to this mech and told him the problem.

he too said its head gasket. But i told him to prove it to me before i'm willing to pay for it.

because if its not the head gasket, the bike will overheat again. Waste $$$.

So long story short.

He couldn't find fault with the head gasket. (I was present when he checked.)

Then he told me thermostat stuck closed. I told him this bike's thermostat has been removed.

I then told him to flush the radiator with high pressure.

previously only normal flush. never dismantle radiator. Just pour some **** chemical into the radiator and let it run for awhile)

Seems like the radiator clog is the only possibility left.

Problem sovled. Radiator clog.

So if the bike overheats on long journeys, the cooling system is not doing its job in transferring heat.

There are few possibilities to this problem

1) not enough coolant (Low coolant level)

2) waterpump fail.

3) not enough coolant moving through the system due to clog radiator.

Hope this info helps!

Don't listen to everything mech says. Do your homework. Save your money.

And get to understand your bike's character better.

Recap on the problem.

Hit 4bars. There are 5bars i think. But at 4bars, smoke is already coming out from the coolant reserve tank. and coolant overflow onto the tarmac.

Normally, bike temp never exceeds 1bar for normal riding. super jam condition at most 2 bars. never see 3 bars before.

Then they found the coolant reserve tank leak (Leak caused by high temp causing high pressure)

At first suspect cooling system losing pressure. Thus boiling point of coolant is lower. causing coolant to boil and lose its heat transfer capability.

Bike still over heat.

This time, removed thermostat to see if bike still overheats. suspect thermostat fail in closed position.

On the verge of giving up. Then decided to give it 1 last try with another mech.

Because this is a good bike that serve me well. Not willing to give up without finding out the problem. Call me stubborn.

he too said its head gasket. But i told him to prove it to me before i'm willing to pay for it.

So long story short.

Then he told me thermostat stuck closed. I told him this bike's thermostat has been removed.

previously only normal flush. never dismantle radiator. Just pour some **** chemical into the radiator and let it run for awhile)

So if the bike overheats on long journeys, the cooling system is not doing its job in transferring heat.

2) waterpump fail.

Hope this info helps!

Wow thanks for sharing!

Just came back from Melecca... Throughout the Journey, My Temp bar only stayed at 2 bars... the journey was super smooth but i couldnt go more then 120km/h.. Bike starts to wobble due to turbulence.

Should have listen to my malaysian counter part on installing a taller wind shield at Rm120 only..Left for Melleca via 2nd link at 6.40am and reach meleca at 10.30am.. With 2 stop overs for breakfast and pee break.

Stayed over at Meleca for a night. And next day went to meet Malaysian SYM Group and they were HUGE! (I think there was almost 50 bikes there) But all of them were GTS 200 and less then 10 RV 250i (Joymax 250i in Singapore) Their bikes were modded crazy. I have taken pictures .. I will upload them soon..

Left for Singapore at 4pm and reached Tuas Second link at 7pm sharp with 1 stop over.

You know the best part? I have only topped up twice in this trip (Very Fuel economical)

And now back in Singapore.. I think they having a meeting like this next month too.. Maybe i will bring our S.S.O.G.S along

Wow thanks for sharing!

Just came back from Melecca... Throughout the Journey, My Temp bar only stayed at 2 bars... the journey was super smooth but i couldnt go more then 120km/h.. Bike starts to wobble due to turbulence.

Should have listen to my malaysian counter part on installing a taller wind shield at Rm120 only..Left for Melleca via 2nd link at 6.40am and reach meleca at 10.30am.. With 2 stop overs for breakfast and pee break.

Stayed over at Meleca for a night. And next day went to meet Malaysian SYM Group and they were HUGE! (I think there was almost 50 bikes there) But all of them were GTS 200 and less then 10 RV 250i (Joymax 250i in Singapore) Their bikes were modded crazy. I have taken pictures .. I will upload them soon..

Left for Singapore at 4pm and reached Tuas Second link at 7pm sharp with 1 stop over.

You know the best part? I have only topped up twice in this trip (Very Fuel economical)

And now back in Singapore.. I think they having a meeting like this next month too.. Maybe i will bring our S.S.O.G.S along

Hi bro. Do we have a group gathering for gts in sgp? I think it will be nice to meet up with blokes of the same make. It's been ages since I've joined meet ups.

Thanks bro for sharing, good stuff for all Sym owners.

In fact, after studying through the Sym cooling system, the overheating problem can mainly be 2 possibilities:

1. failed radiator - either clog, leak or cap failed, this usually happened around 2 years as I suspect the coolant used by Sym is expiring around this service length, the radiator can be internally rusty or choked with calcium built up, some anti-rust treatment and high pressure flushing may rescue the radiator, if failed, need to replace.

2. failed water pump or thermostat - when overheat prolonged, the next likely to fail item will be water pump, it may jammed or deform due to the heat although coolant can still pass through but very limited, the same goes with the thermostat failure, but it is not so easy to fail in the first place. If either one failed, need to replace.

The weakness of Sym cooling system is the distance between the radiator and the engine (or say the water pump), the long hose can be a weak link (leak) and clog. But the most serious issue is the temp sensor sensing the engine temp is picking up higher temp as it is on the engine block but the thermo-switch to on the fan is mounted on the radiator, by the time the coolant reaches the thermo-switch area, the temp is much lower and fail to on the fan for better cooling to take place.

So two things to watch out:

1. good to flush radiator more often, maybe every 6 months with high pressure or at least flushing agent, including the hoses and water pump, when refilling the coolant, MUST force out all air pockets, as the air pockets will cause heat to built up within the system.

2. get the right coolant, since Sym system is less robust the choice of coolant will be one important consideration. Always check the reserve tank level also, try to top up with the same coolant instead of water or mix coolant.

With some good care taken, our machine will be our good companion for longer time.

Recap on the problem.

Bike still over heat.

So long story short.

2) waterpump fail.

Hope this info helps!

Is there any meetup ? time to gather all SYM owner.

Regardless of race,religion and gender.

We sworn to our duty and honour.

We carry out our duty as a team and not indivdual.

We protect the Honour and interest of the TEAM.

Because,

We are all BIKERS