SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Touring In Japan?

MonoWorld

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never done it but bike rental are quite expensive over there. Smaller CC bikes cannot go onto the expressways. The toll charges on the expressways are also expensive. Not sure if bikes are charged differently. Oh, usually an International Driving Permit with valid riding license are required.

Here's a link you might find useful: http://www.gaijinbikers.com/bigben/rentals.htm

If you are visiting Kyoto and wanted to get a scooter instead of the usual bicycle, try this link: http://kyotorentalscooter.com/e.htm

ya, well said i did it with my friend last August but we just ride around in Tokyo as my friend is working there n izzt much easier for me to rent the bike as u need to have address in Japan if u got any summon to pay, n i rent the KLX 250 at http://www.scs-tokyo.co.jp/ as izzt a quite good relieable company http://fn328k.multiply.com/photos/album/94/Tokyo_2008_1#133 n izzt very nice to ride in August as izzt very cooling but izzt was raining for me thw last 3day when i was there n it rain the whole day, n u dun have to bring the helmet around as ppl dun steal ur even if u put on ur bike n dun lock it.... n REMEBEMER the TOLL is dun EX so try not to go into the Expressway as izzt more EX than our ERP, so izzt best u have a GPS or u must kn abit of Japanese, hope u enjoy ride there, :cheers:

Never done it but bike rental are quite expensive over there. Smaller CC bikes cannot go onto the expressways. The toll charges on the expressways are also expensive. Not sure if bikes are charged differently. Oh, usually an International Driving Permit with valid riding license are required.

Here's a link you might find useful: http://www.gaijinbikers.com/bigben/rentals.htm

If you are visiting Kyoto and wanted to get a scooter instead of the usual bicycle, try this link: http://kyotorentalscooter.com/e.htm

DSC08797.jpg

DSC08950.jpg

DSC08952.jpg

DSC08988.jpg

DSC08820.jpg

DSC09437.jpg

fn328k.multiply.com/photos

Life is short, Ride hard..........

nice ride u had!

Past Ride: FV5283E(KRR150) FL1135D(GSXR400RP) FQ1692K(CBR400RR) FQ2815S(NSR250RSP) FY7366X(Y125Z) FS366Z(YZF-R6S) FX8000A(Y125Z) FQ6261M(NSR250RSP) FBD1686U(GSX-R 1000 K8) FX8000A(SYM NEW FIGHTER 150) FBL2085E(YZF-R1 RN22)

Present Ride:

-

Live To Ride :popcorn:

Thanks, izzt a nice place to ride in Tokyo, just like Singapore just cannot anyhow cross the Double white line as there alot if police waiting to catch u... n izzt nice to ride to Mount Fuji.... :cheeky: u can see al my picture in my mulipty....

nice ride u had!

DSC09195.jpg

DSC09196.jpg

DSC09199.jpg

DSC09202.jpg

DSC09203.jpg

DSC09224.jpg

Thanks, izzt a nice place to ride in Tokyo, just like Singapore just cannot anyhow cross the Double white line as there alot if police waiting to catch u... n izzt nice to ride to Mount Fuji.... :cheeky: u can see al my picture in my mulipty....

nice~~~~ next time we ride there togther...

• 4 weeks later...

Never rode in Japan b4, bike rental quite ex and need international lic + class 2 license (I think).

My bf drove and I think it is good to get GPS. Tokyo seems crowded. Gunma ia a nice mountainous area, about 1hr 30 mins from Tokyo. Very scenic, nice quality roads.

I heard from a friend Shizuoka nice also, the Izu area, just south of Tokyo.

http://file.walagata.com/w/selphie/ryu_0.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

:lovestruck:

Never rode in Japan b4, bike rental quite ex and need international lic + class 2 license (I think).

My bf drove and I think it is good to get GPS. Tokyo seems crowded. Gunma ia a nice mountainous area, about 1hr 30 mins from Tokyo. Very scenic, nice quality roads.

I heard from a friend Shizuoka nice also, the Izu area, just south of Tokyo.

hi, selphie, i dun think u need Class 2 as i only rent KLX 250 n izzt only Class 2A, Tokyo seems crowded but izzt not as bad as KL or BBK as when it rain it will rain for the whole day n i rode to Mount Fuji n on the way back we rode past another tist mountain just beside Mount Fuji n i think izzt call Takgao O San n izzt a very turn here n there nice ride like MSH but i izzt was raining n dark when i rode past so no time to take picture as i was rushing to go to another place, maybe u can ask any Japanese Friend if they know it. :cheers:

Nice idea Shoei... Ride in Japan.

Better start pestering my Japanese colleagues now....

Start to sa kar and gao suah them today. :lol:

ya, sure DeusExMachina, they will tell u all the nice places there....

:cheers:

hi, selphie, i dun think u need Class 2 as i only rent KLX 250 n izzt only Class 2A, Tokyo seems crowded but izzt not as bad as KL or BBK as when it rain it will rain for the whole day n i rode to Mount Fuji n on the way back we rode past another tist mountain just beside Mount Fuji n i think izzt call Takgao O San n izzt a very turn here n there nice ride like MSH but i izzt was raining n dark when i rode past so no time to take picture as i was rushing to go to another place, maybe u can ask any Japanese Friend if they know it. :cheers:

Really?! No need Class 2??

:cheer:

Mt Fuji seems nice! I've never been there. You must have been a happy fella!

http://file.walagata.com/w/selphie/ryu_0.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

:lovestruck:

ok, la, i dun think many ppl can ride to SEE Mount Fuji as my friend told me i m luck to see that day when we ride there as izzt was abit fog on the way up.... as for the Class maybe u can email the ppl n ask them.... :cheers:

Really?! No need Class 2??

:cheer:

Mt Fuji seems nice! I've never been there. You must have been a happy fella!

DSC09240.jpg

DSC09241.jpg

DSC09244.jpg

DSC09253.jpg

DSC09267.jpg

DSC09281.jpg

Edited by shoei_com

• 1 year later...

u can do that in Japan if u got alot of $$... :cheers: as there is a way to do it as my friend told me the Karaoke is a place where u pay $1000yen to sing from 2300-0500hr as drinks not included... so u can sleep n rest there... hope it help u... anymore u can PM me i try to update what i know... :cheers:

backpacking??:giddy: