SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=BabyBlade=-(CBR)

standlee

Hi all! Just got my cbr400 last week.

Was riding fine till yesterday, where there is some "knocking sound" when accelerating(Seems to be coming from below the rider seat). The sound will go off if i release throttle or clutch in.

Kindly advice!! T_T

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aalex82

• fx110

• honam24

• RYAN KEITH SMITH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all! Just got my cbr400 last week.

Was riding fine till yesterday, where there is some "knocking sound" when accelerating(Seems to be coming from below the rider seat). The sound will go off if i release throttle or clutch in.

Kindly advice!! T_T

try to 'lub' your chains and see if still have the sound.

Your explaination quite difficult to understand [The sound will go off if i release throttle or clutch in]

Is it when the bike stationary and you did the clutch in or release throttle no sound, or izzit both when on the move you do that also will not have sound?

Edited by nicolo

Guys please help.

I injured my left hand so didn't ride since wednesday. My bike was parked at workplace, so my friend help me start. Ytd still can start. Today canot, press the start also no sound. Battery very weak, 9.1 then I press horn on off light. Drop til 7 plus. Horn also buay sai. Must change battery? Or push start can le? Can teach how? Thanks

send in to workshop for checks. sound be batt problem.

Maybe clutch housing problem.. Sounds the same on my super4

1995 Rd135 (3months);1995-1997 Kawa K100 97-00 Honda Steed cool black;00-02 Suzuki Swift

02-05 Ford Focus;05-07 Nissan Sucky

07- Camry;jan 08 -feb 08 KRR ;feb 08-apr08 -- Cbr400 J model ;

mar08 - sept 08 Cbr400 R model ; may08 -oct08 KTM200; oct 08 - feb09 XR4 ; feb09-apr10 gixxer 750 Apr09 -June10 DR650;apr10-aug 10 Africa Twin; sep 10- current fazer 1k....Jan-13 FortyEight

try to 'lub' your chains and see if still have the sound.

Your explaination quite difficult to understand [The sound will go off if i release throttle or clutch in]

Is it when the bike stationary and you did the clutch in or release throttle no sound, or izzit both when on the move you do that also will not have sound?

The sound only happens when on the move, went to see mechanic and it seems to be with the chain, all good now, thanks!

By the way, any idea if we are able to use after market CDI for CBR400RRR model? As mine is currently leaking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derestrict-CDI-For-Honda-CBR400RR-NC29-Ignitor-Ignition-/260727778011

Hi Guys,

I am looking for original CBR 400 headers to exchange with my Stainless Steel 4-1-1 headers. Headers must be in good condition.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks.

Any one interested?

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9845/skeletonnc29.jpg

Badluck.. injured my hand first, blade got problem with heat, radiator, now can't crank at all. SP laying around for too long, can't even see green light on neutral..

Blade can't crank, what can I do to make it start? Bike at government building, can tow bo lol..

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae335/kianzxc93/Untitled-1.jpg

2B - Oct 24/11 Honda Sp 150

The sound only happens when on the move, went to see mechanic and it seems to be with the chain, all good now, thanks!

By the way, any idea if we are able to use after market CDI for CBR400RRR model? As mine is currently leaking.

Hahas no problem.

Same as my problem that time I had from my bike.

Lazy to 'lub', one day the bike keep having the knocking sound when on the move. After ride to workshop and got the mech to help me to do one solid 'lub' with grease, the problem solve.

Hahas no problem.

Same as my problem that time I had from my bike.

Lazy to 'lub', one day the bike keep having the knocking sound when on the move. After ride to workshop and got the mech to help me to do one solid 'lub' with grease, the problem solve.

Hi ppl

anyone scrapping or dekitting?

Bought a rrr model ard a month back and loving e ride although i have problems juggling between my 3 rides lolx.

Kindly SMS/whatsapp me with pictures and asking price.

Josh

Nine zero 220552

:gun::faint:

Badluck.. injured my hand first, blade got problem with heat, radiator, now can't crank at all. SP laying around for too long, can't even see green light on neutral..

Blade can't crank, what can I do to make it start? Bike at government building, can tow bo lol..

Recharge batteries ah..

NSR250F3,NSR250MC21SP,NSR250MC28SP,ZXR400R,CBR400 NC29,ZXR750RK,M,GG250

hi guys, i just got my fireblade, been riding for a week or so.. good condition as previous owner has been using it frequently,

I took over i do a major service. Coolent flush (engine ice use)

Used 4 bottle of bardahl 4T (Forgot the spelling) 10-60 or 10-50 I also forgot lol.

4 NGK Iridium Spark Plug

OWS 3-in-1 treatment

But got 1 problem, there is a minor, or abit of black oil spitting out from my exhause, put my hand over become abit of black black oil.

Isit because my pipe is dirty or something?

Or isit cus i rev alot? I can manage to rev to 12-14krpm.

I don't need to show my bike here 'cus I don't have one.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/nghia_vn/Meme/ILied.png

hi guys, i just got my fireblade, been riding for a week or so.. good condition as previous owner has been using it frequently,

I took over i do a major service. Coolent flush (engine ice use)

Used 4 bottle of bardahl 4T (Forgot the spelling) 10-60 or 10-50 I also forgot lol.

4 NGK Iridium Spark Plug

OWS 3-in-1 treatment

But got 1 problem, there is a minor, or abit of black oil spitting out from my exhause, put my hand over become abit of black black oil.

Isit because my pipe is dirty or something?

Or isit cus i rev alot? I can manage to rev to 12-14krpm.

Don't worry. It's carbon water cos old bike due to carbon accumulating in there over time, so sure will have a lot. My exhaust also like that.

If You want to remove it, go Msia and clear meter. =)

Don't worry. It's carbon water cos old bike due to carbon accumulating in there over time, so sure will have a lot. My exhaust also like that.

If You want to remove it, go Msia and clear meter. =)

ahahah clear meter.. next time la.. but i read somewhere online, got people mention about something leaking.. i cannot find where.. scare also.

I don't need to show my bike here 'cus I don't have one.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/nghia_vn/Meme/ILied.png

Stock CBR 1000 08 model

COI : $398/month for 36 months

Coffee money : $1500 (negotiable)

Transfer money, new owner pays

COE till 2018

Mileage approx 32km

Just change engine oil

rizoma throttle grip

koso voltmeter

If interested,please call/sms Hafiz at 96985776

Stock CBR 1000 08 model