SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=BabyBlade=-(CBR)

standlee

Where is it leaking? Check the pipes under the radiators. I suggest if you changing pipes, change all of it... If we change one pipe and leave the rest as old ones, the pressure built up and the tolerance of the different pipes would lead to other pipes leaking as well :) . A fellow rider I met changed his Super4 coolant pipes to samco ones in JB. total damage 300+ SGD. not sure how much would it cost in singapore but it'll be a good gauge.

Hi everyone,

My coolent seems to be leaking after i top it up to full, am thinking that it's the coolent pipe.

Any idea what else could be having issue and how much would it be to repair it?

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aalex82

• fx110

• honam24

• RYAN KEITH SMITH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the reply, it seems to be leaking from below the fuel tank, but can't really pin point as it's all covered.

It leaks when engine is hot, but when it's cold and stationary, it doesn't.

About 300+ bucks? Any idea where would be a good place to repair cbr400 since it's quite a legacy bike.

Where is it leaking? Check the pipes under the radiators. I suggest if you changing pipes, change all of it... If we change one pipe and leave the rest as old ones, the pressure built up and the tolerance of the different pipes would lead to other pipes leaking as well :) . A fellow rider I met changed his Super4 coolant pipes to samco ones in JB. total damage 300+ SGD. not sure how much would it cost in singapore but it'll be a good gauge.

Thanks for the reply, it seems to be leaking from below the fuel tank, but can't really pin point as it's all covered.

About 300+ bucks? Any idea where would be a good place to repair cbr400 since it's quite a legacy bike.

i changed the entire radiator pipes. i took the stock honda cbr400 pipes. costs me about $130-150. can't exactly rmb the price. gotta dig for the receipt.

18th June 2008 (2B)

21st April 2009 (3)

4th August 2009 (2A)

28th September 2010 (2)

with what you've put me through, still i love you.

Guys please help.

I injured my left hand so didn't ride since wednesday. My bike was parked at workplace, so my friend help me start. Ytd still can start. Today canot, press the start also no sound. Battery very weak, 9.1 then I press horn on off light. Drop til 7 plus. Horn also buay sai. Must change battery? Or push start can le? Can teach how? Thanks

Push Start can be done

OR use jumper cable to jump start your bike !

Not Your Bike having Problem. It Your Skill Having Problem!

I can win the wind that blow against me, But I can never win the time that I lost

人è¦æ¯”车凶

Proud to be in a group called Urbanite

Hmm, check the front of the bike. look into the fairing as there are two major pipes there. check if it is leaking when you twist your throttle... also look towards the left side of your fairing as there is a coolant pipe there too. Otherwise i'm not really sure where can you visibly view the pipes. Just my 2 cents :))

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bros,

just got my nc29 3 days ago. I am a sporean but based in malacca malaysia. My company transferred me there. Bought the bike 1994 model and rode feom spore to malacca. Saw traces of engine oil leaking with droplets on my left shoe. Thinking of going back to spore this month again to repair. Any of you guys can give me advise if I should just top up engine oil and ride back to spore? Any risk? Any other alternatives? Or anybody got recommendation to go to any bike shop in malacca with experience repairing this bike?

Thanks for any help. Appreciate any help.

Hi bros,

Just got my cbr400 nc29 3 days ago. I am a sporean based in malacca malaysia. My company transferred me here last year. I rode the bike from spore to malacca at speed around 120kmh to 140kmh. But unfortunately found left side engine leaking which spayed onto my left shoe. I plan to ride again to spore get it fix bu this month. The problem is will it be safe for me to top up the engine oil and take the risk. Distance from malacca to spore around 300km.

Any bros here know of any superbike shop in malacca or muar that i can seek advice with? i am worried i won't make it to spore.

Appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi bros,

Just got my cbr400 nc29 3 days ago. I am a sporean based in malacca malaysia. My company transferred me here last year. I rode the bike from spore to malacca at speed around 120kmh to 140kmh. But unfortunately found left side engine leaking which spayed onto my left shoe. I plan to ride again to spore get it fix bu this month. The problem is will it be safe for me to top up the engine oil and take the risk. Distance from malacca to spore around 300km.

Any bros here know of any superbike shop in malacca or muar that i can seek advice with? i am worried i won't make it to spore.

@Aboy

Malacca to SG, less than 250km....

if want save $$$ for towing fee and at your own risk,

stop every 50km for engine oil check & top up as necessary.....

Hi bros,

@Aboy

@Aboy

Thanks for the suggestion. Btw how much dow it cost to replace the gasket? I saw the the leaking might be coming from the block gasket.