SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=BabyBlade=-(CBR)

standlee

Need help! I just fail my inspection. Need original front brake disc, and header with no welding mark

I went to buy the original brake discs, cost 820 for a pair~

good investment I guess, at least it's one less worry~

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aalex82

• fx110

• honam24

• RYAN KEITH SMITH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys, i bought a '93 cbr400rr-r recently.

i will like to ask you guys how is the normal operating temperature in local traffic?

my bike runs about 1/2 to 2/3 temp on constant travelling / highway,

but in slow traffic jams/ start-stop/ or high-rpm fast riding, it shoots up to more than 3/4 to almost red quickly.

(fan is constant switched on)

radiator is topped up with new coolant and doesn't seem to be leaking.

felt the hose from radiator to block and it's hot, so i assume thermostat is open and coolant is flowing to block.

Also, any recommendations which nice bikeshop can I visit to diagnose problems for my cbr400?

I'm thinking of upgrading to a slightly larger radiator (cbr600) or something, for better cooling.

anyone done it before and where?

thanks!

Also, any recommendations which nice bikeshop can I visit to diagnose problems for my cbr400?

I'm thinking of upgrading to a slightly larger radiator (cbr600) or something, for better cooling.

thanks!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/05/5a8a2a7y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/05/ubugu4e7.jpg

Can try this shop, tell him the problem and what u what u think of doing, he will give advise on it...

hi guys, i bought a '93 cbr400rr-r recently.

i will like to ask you guys how is the normal operating temperature in local traffic?

my bike runs about 1/2 to 2/3 temp on constant travelling / highway,

but in slow traffic jams/ start-stop/ or high-rpm fast riding, it shoots up to more than 3/4 to almost red quickly.

(fan is constant switched on)

radiator is topped up with new coolant and doesn't seem to be leaking.

felt the hose from radiator to block and it's hot, so i assume thermostat is open and coolant is flowing to block.

hmm, weird, i just bought my cbr last week, the temp has not gone beyond 1/2 yet

I have use it before on my scrapped CBR400RR last year. You can get it from raceworks shop at bukit merah bike shop or order online to get it slightly cheaper. Looks nice.

2004-2006- KR150ZX *Stolen* :cry:

2006-2007- Honda CBX200S

2007-2013- Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTS-i UG3 and Honda CBR400RR-R (Both scrapped)

2013-current - Piaggio X10 350, 1996 Honda RVF400RT, 2003 Aprilia RS125 and 2003 Aprilia RS250 GP1.

anyone using tyga fairings?

I have use it before on my scrapped CBR400RR last year. You can get it from raceworks shop at bukit merah bike shop or order online to get it slightly cheaper. Looks nice.

2006-2007- Honda CBX200S

2013-current - Piaggio X10 350, 1996 Honda RVF400RT, 2003 Aprilia RS125 and 2003 Aprilia RS250 GP1.

thanks!

I am not sure which part of Singapore you stay, but in the west I use to go to Raceworks. Or you can go HKL bike shop beside it a bukit merah. Best thing is DIY. Is not that hard to know weather your bike radiator got choke lines or the extra heat is from the engine high vibration due to wear and tear. Is your engine idling in between 1450 to 1550 rpm?

2006-2007- Honda CBX200S

Bros, jus got a cbr L, everytime morning warm up engine keep stalling.

Even sometime after ride a distance, at traffic light once bike in neutral gear, engine just stalled.

Any bros here encounter this before?

And also, temp at ard slightly more den 3/4 when highway travelling, isit normal?

Please fellow CBR mates, please advice

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb62/ya0s89/26092010103-1.jpg

Yao's Pinky ;)

Riding NSR, Need Some Respect

Even sometime after ride a distance, at traffic light once bike in neutral gear, engine just stalled.

And also, temp at ard slightly more den 3/4 when highway travelling, isit normal?

i myself not so sure, but spoken to a few mechs from different shop they say normal should be half to slightly more than half.

Try check the list below first if you can. Before going to workshop.

1) Check coolant level.

2) What your bike idling RPM after warm up. Is it between 1400 to 1500RPM. Adjust the idling slightly higher if it is below than 1400RPM.

3) Start the bike for 3 mins. And switch off. Wait 5 mins. Then check engine oil level.

Normal range when riding on the expressway. The temperature should be around half of the temperature plus minus 10% of the guage.

2006-2007- Honda CBX200S

Try check the list below first if you can. Before going to workshop.

1) Check coolant level.

2) What your bike idling RPM after warm up. Is it between 1400 to 1500RPM. Adjust the idling slightly higher if it is below than 1400RPM.

3) Start the bike for 3 mins. And switch off. Wait 5 mins. Then check engine oil level.

Normal range when riding on the expressway. The temperature should be around half of the temperature plus minus 10% of the guage.

hello old bird, how about normal temp range in slow/start/stop traffic? (with fan on)

thanks !

hello old bird, how about normal temp range in slow/start/stop traffic? (with fan on)

thanks !

Old bird hahaha. With the fan on the temperature should be around 3/4 of the temperature guage. If it is higher sometimes when you happened to stuck in the traffic jam like the one in the Singapore/JB customs with a lot of bikes are in line up. But should not hit the red bar far right. :-)

2006-2007- Honda CBX200S

cbr4 keep having this power surge,cant startup bike.

quite afew times for the past few months(yr). change batt as well

any1 have any idea?

tia

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Im looking for a st legal exhaust for my cbr400L.

Please contact me and state ur model, condition and how much ur looking for.

If im not wrong CB400 Ver S/R/ Vtec I/II/III using the same exhaust with cbr400.

You can sms/whatsapp me at 8 one 8 one zero zero 9 9

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb62/ya0s89/26092010103-1.jpg

Yao's Pinky ;)

Riding NSR, Need Some Respect

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i just bought my CBR400 last week. Can anyone teach me how to use the chock for cold start up? also, should i turn the petrol flow tap to off everytime i park? and how do i adjust my idling rpm? the knot to turn cant seem to turn... is it must use screw driver to turn the knot? and i normally need to hit 6000 rpm to travel at 90kmph is that too high? Sorry this is my first bike.

Hi i just bought my CBR400 last week. Can anyone teach me how to use the chock for cold start up? also, should i turn the petrol flow tap to off everytime i park? and how do i adjust my idling rpm? the knot to turn cant seem to turn... is it must use screw driver to turn the knot? and i normally need to hit 6000 rpm to travel at 90kmph is that too high? Sorry this is my first bike.

original choke just pull up and start, after a while slowly push back to close choke.

if using bike regularly don't need to turn off fuel tap.

idling rpm there's a small knob with a screw on left side somewhere under fuel tank.

can either turn the whole knob or use screwdriver turn the screw inside the knob.

turn little by little.

anti-clockwise = turn idling rpm down

clockwise = turn idling rpm up