SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=BabyBlade=-(CBR)

standlee

Hi Bros,

Anybody know :

1. CBR400RR installed with digital speedometer? Where can I get this and how much ?

2. How much will it cost to repair and spray paint old fairings. My fairings have minor cracked at joint area. Cannot use bolt and nuts anymore. Can recommend any shops?

3. What tyres do you recommend ? How much ?

Thanks

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aalex82

• fx110

• honam24

• RYAN KEITH SMITH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bros,

Anybody know :

1. CBR400RR installed with digital speedometer? Where can I get this and how much ?

2. How much will it cost to repair and spray paint old fairings. My fairings have minor cracked at joint area. Cannot use bolt and nuts anymore. Can recommend any shops?

3. What tyres do you recommend ? How much ?

Thanks

1. Digital KOSO meter $200-$300 I think. Not sure exact price.

2. Patch back cracks and spraypaint fairing depends on extent of cracks and design of the paint work. Ranges from $600-$1600. Estimation only.

3. Tyres Metzeler Sportec M5. $380 per set. Best tyre I've ever used on my 2b and 2A.

This is the shop I do my bike at.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/14/ruge3era.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/14/6ezuvesy.jpg

hey guys! any recommendation for shops to go to for maintenance? Just got my bike and im quite clueless what to check for and stuff. CBR400 is my first bike. Anyone here can point out to me what to ask the shop to check/change?

Also, my left handle bar has this bypass button thingy. What is it for ah?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, anybody know how much does it cost for full overhaul cbr400 and where to do it? thanks

See the name card I posted in the previous post... I not sure how much it costs... But I have the block for cbr400rr can sell cheap, brand new in box... Go to the address stated there kaki bukit, will be cheaper than other shops for sure

hey guys! any recommendation for shops to go to for maintenance? Just got my bike and im quite clueless what to check for and stuff. CBR400 is my first bike. Anyone here can point out to me what to ask the shop to check/change?

Also, my left handle bar has this bypass button thingy. What is it for ah?

Thanks in advance!

It's for flashing your high beam... U press the button how long, then the high beam will be on for how long u press it... Go to a shop with a friend if possible. Otherwise u Kena chop.

Whahaha long time nv see this thread liao...

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCatalogue/2001/Honda/Images_02/CBR954/CBR954_Logo.jpg

--- Honda ---

--- Power of Dreams ---

--- 2003 - 2004: TZR125 ---FG7889Z

--- 2004 - 2007: NSR150SP ---FQ8539A

--- 2007 - Current: CBR400RRR ---FMXXXXZ

I wonder if my CBR4 is still on the road (or scrapped)... FN3585P... Miss my old bike sometimes.

CBR4 does not overheat easily. Tried and tested on track. No need to change to CBR600 radiator. However, most of the hoses are very old and probably hardened. If you have spare cash, get them all changed. I remember my wiring harness was also nearly fried after 10+ years of neglect, so I had that changed too. Battery, stator (i.e. generator coil) and rectifier are also frequent culprits of breakdowns.

The CBR4 engine itself is quite tough and I didn't need to open it up. I only had to change the gaskets. Carb tuning is quite useful if you change to aftermarket exhaust. It makes it run much cooler and smoother. I had a K&N air filter and GPR titanium shorty oval exhaust (legal!), and it was a track bike so tuning was a must.

The CBR4 (and RVF) are little powerhouses if you ride them well and take advantage of their small size and agility. I haven't been able to beat my personal best on PG with my new CBR1k. And that best time was set on a CBR4.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

Bros, jus got a cbr L, everytime morning warm up engine keep stalling.

Even sometime after ride a distance, at traffic light once bike in neutral gear, engine just stalled.

Any bros here encounter this before?

And also, temp at ard slightly more den 3/4 when highway travelling, isit normal?

Please fellow CBR mates, please advice

cbr4 keep having this power surge,cant startup bike.

quite afew times for the past few months(yr). change batt as well

any1 have any idea?

tia

Hi i just bought my CBR400 last week. Can anyone teach me how to use the chock for cold start up? also, should i turn the petrol flow tap to off everytime i park? and how do i adjust my idling rpm? the knot to turn cant seem to turn... is it must use screw driver to turn the knot? and i normally need to hit 6000 rpm to travel at 90kmph is that too high? Sorry this is my first bike.

my cbr can no longer start on just the start button, the trick is to press the start button and throttle at the same time.

and it will stall without warm up, so what i do is throttle a little till 1.5krpm, kick to gear 1 and go, normally after 1 min of riding, engine will be able to maintain idle

my idle rpm is dangerously low at about 1.3k?

and the highest temperature displayed on my gauge is only roughly ½

went down to planet to try to fix the start issue but boss says it’s an "ah ma" bike, better dun try to fix anything if it is not a major issue

Hi, anybody know how much does it cost for full overhaul cbr400 and where to do it? thanks

Overhaul I think easily above 2k, I dun recommend for such an old model

my cbr can no longer start on just the start button, the trick is to press the start button and throttle at the same time.

and it will stall without warm up, so what i do is throttle a little till 1.5krpm, kick to gear 1 and go, normally after 1 min of riding, engine will be able to maintain idle

my idle rpm is dangerously low at about 1.3k?

and the highest temperature displayed on my gauge is only roughly ½

went down to planet to try to fix the start issue but boss says it’s an ah man bike, better dun try to fix anything if it is not a major issue

Overhaul I think easily above 2k, I dun recommend for such an old model

When was the last time you serviced your carburetor and tuned the carb settings? I think it should be time to retune it already... Settings run already...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi guys. Anyone change before fuel pump? What does it affect the bike? Mechanic say cost around $200++ , dont know whether kena chop carrot anot-.- .. hope any kind bros around here can give some advice. Thanksss

Fuel pump is necessary... It's the thing that pumps the fuel from the petrol tank, into the carburetor. As for the price, I'll call my mechanic to check and let u know again. My number is 96581357. Can SMS can whatsapp. My name is johan.

Hi guys. Anyone change before fuel pump? What does it affect the bike? Mechanic say cost around $200++ , dont know whether kena chop carrot anot-.- .. hope any kind bros around here can give some advice. Thanksss

Ok I just checked with my mechanic. He said cbr400rr fuel pump costs around $70-80, excluding installation. So if include installation, it should be about $100-$130. Not sure exact price but he said $100+. Lol. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/2y7a7ebe.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/09/ruvuzate.jpg

This is his name card.

Thanks bro for your helpful reply. I check with other mechanic he said around 200+ including workmanship. 100+ might be a used one.

This is the reply I got . Thanks anyway ! Appreciate it !

Maybe secondhand... But definitely still usable... No problem... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

guy...anyway my fren cbr4 has this problem whereby topup coolent keep leak and ah chong from planet say that it beyond hope and the the "head" mati alry...anyone cn enlighten me bout this and the temp hits red when other people bike shld be cooling down when riding fast..

hey guys i need your help! after riding my bike the other day, my right foot was covered in oil. it's like sprays of oil. I suspect it's engine oil since it's the nearest thing there. and i noticed after parking my bike over night, oil stains would appear below my bike. Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...