SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

This is my first post. Just going to purchase a Phantom 200 (Apr 2002) this week. I have 13 years riding experience in my country and just got converted to 2B here last month.

I compared quotes from many providers and inclined to go with DirectAsia as they are giving fire+theft too which NTUC declines (as the bike is more than 10 years old)

My questions :

1. If nobody is ready to insure a 10 year old bike what happens if such bikes are stolen ? Do you get at least the remaining CoE money back ?

2. In Singapore, what is the theft risk ? (I also plan to goto Malaysia sometimes)

3. I have checked with NTUC,(ANDA is providing for Chartis and AXA nowadays),DirectAsia. Any other obvious ones I have missed ?

Your bike value very low. Yes Coe you can rebate even with the stolen bike.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

called ntuc asked for a quote yesterday, the operator told me that my insurance would be $464. i wasnt too sure on when i would take over the bike(but probably next week) so i just gave her 1st November as the day that i would taking over the bike. then the lady told me that, if i didnt confirm about my insurance by 7 days, she would have to quote again and the price of the insurance might not be the same due to the "premium"? so anyone encountered this problem before can explain to me hehe :-D and lets say if were to take over the bike on 8 october, would my insurance costs like what she quoted me before or its different?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

CLASS 2B - 2012 | CLASS 2A - 2014 | CLASS 2 - 2015

Past & Current Ride -

YAMAHA Y125Z - FBA 5025 S(2012-2016)

YAMAHA FZ16ST - FBK 218 H(2015-2017)

YAMAHA FZ1000S - FX 9676 T(2017-2017)

YAMAHA RXZ 135 - FQ 5622 L(2017-2017)

HONDA NC750X ABS - FBK X2XX E(2017-????)

called ntuc asked for a quote yesterday, the operator told me that my insurance would be $464. i wasnt too sure on when i would take over the bike(but probably next week) so i just gave her 1st November as the day that i would taking over the bike. then the lady told me that, if i didnt confirm about my insurance by 7 days, she would have to quote again and the price of the insurance might not be the same due to the "premium"? so anyone encountered this problem before can explain to me hehe :-D and lets say if were to take over the bike on 8 october, would my insurance costs like what she quoted me before or its different?

Insurance is like stock market except that it goes up more than it ever goes down. Did you gave all the details like riding experience age bike model and etc? :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello there, when the insurer asks claim history in the last 3 years, they meant the last 36 months and not counting by the year it happened right?

If they were to ask about claim history, will having a claim made against me more than 36 months ago be factored in the premium?

Just tell them the date of the accident and be truthful because if you lie and things happen, they can reject your claim. I cant advise you exactly when the 3 years starts to count but after 3 years it will not effect.

Thanks for the info Hydher. I purchased the phantom and Insured with DirectAsia. Hoping its not stolen before I can upgrade to 2A next year :)

Phantom body is about 800-1000 now. No point for it. Be careful if you're in malaysia.

Yes. It might or not be more expensive. Dont sweat over it. Buy it when you need it.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 2 months later...
Hi I need hep !! Im buying a bike from a fren, and i eed to buy insurance first rite? So what do i need to bring or what should I tell them ???? Ples help !!!

Yes you need to buy insurance first. You can buy insurance without become the registered owner, just need to supply number plate and any other information they might need. NTCU, Direct Asia both supports online quotation. Can just google for the link.

Only after you ve insurance then can make the transfer of ownership.

Hi I need hep !! Im buying a bike from a fren, and i eed to buy insurance first rite? So what do i need to bring or what should I tell them ???? Ples help !!!
u buying a bike from your friend, then can ask your friend on the spot ma ,

still come in sbf and ask ?

u buying a bike from your friend, then can ask your friend on the spot ma ,

still come in sbf and ask ?

He scared kena smoked by friend? Then that's not called "friend" le haha.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bros, PLEASE... I feel there are some "lack of common sense" postings going on here. Like:

1. "How much is the insurance for an RXZ?"

2. "How to get a quote from XYZ insurance company?"

If the writer has the brains to find the way into this forum, I don't see why he/she does not have the cow sense to google the company website and ask for a quote?

Nobody on this forum can advise a quote to anyone just based on a bike type. You need Bike make, model, age; Rider experience, age, occupation, background, and maybe even residential location. Also, One would need to know if it's Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft, or basic Third Party. Loading for second rider? There are so many issues to geting a quote. PLEASE just go ask the companies and do your own homework.

And if a rider has done so, and wants to show everybody his homework, Well done, please do that and include your personal details because not everyone is the same. So... again, adjustments need to be made.

Let's have some smarts here, please?

Thanks!

Why rush? It's the journey, not the destination ... :shades:

Moto Guzzi Breva v1100ie '07

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Kawasaki GpZ900 Ninja '89

Honda CB 750 FII '97

BMW R100G/S Paris Dakar Classic '95

Honda CB 250 RS '88

Oh, one more thing... on reading the postings in this thread, we know that there are people here who have posted and are in the business of selling motor insurance. We would appreciate transparency in these cases.

Please cite your company and then state if you are writing on your own capacity or a viewpoint that your company holds. We will treat you with highest regard for professionalism. Don't hide behind a 'common rider' disguise and try to influence sales. No professionalism in that.

Thanks.

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Honda CB 750 FII '97

Honda CB 250 RS '88

Fellas

I am buying first bike in Singapore. Eligible for 2B as you fig out. Need honest advice, which type of insurance recommended in Singapore ( i am

covered by my office). Most importantly which insurance company do u recommend to take insurance from?

Welcome to Singapore, SUPERBIKER!

There are a few companies to buy insurance from here in SG. As some brothers already wrote, the largest covering motorcycles is NTUC Income. They are not a normal company but a co-operative. So focus in for policyholders in the long run. Started with lower income population decades ago, so generally covered motorcyclists in a bigger way. My bikes are covered under them.

MSIG -my car was under them for 6 years until the NTUC Income's Orange Force service came round last year. Thought my family would benefit from that help if I'm not with them and car broke down. But for my car, MSIG gave good value for money. Alas, I didn't have a chance to insure my bike with them to be able to tell you.

For bikes, Direct-Asia gives good premium quotes for the coverage. Probably the best around. But they did state that I didn't need to go to a counter to buy the insurance, no need to see anyone. Just buy from the comfort of my home and computer. Sounds good. BUT For me, I am a little adverse about dealing with the computer when I want to make a claim. I want a person to deal with face to face. That's why I decided on NTUC Income. Too many branches around to switch off. They seem to flaunt their customer service promise. I'll take it to the max with them if I ever want good customer service. At least they cite it, so they'd better prove it.

i read in between your lines that you might have company cover. If so, perhaps you might want to integrate your insurances together as you have moved in to Singapore. When i lived overseas, I pulled all my insurance needs together, worked it through an insurance broker who realizes that I have a couple areas of business to work with, then s/he goes and gets the quotes for home protection, personal accidents, motor, blah blah... Compares apples with apples for me. makes it easier. And comes to me. At the crunch of a claim, I don't go to the insurance company, I go to my broker. Broker fights for me and because he has a few businesses with the insurance company, they are more likely to listen. No use if the case is clearly against me, but great if things are hanging on an edge and just needs a bit to tip it to my favour.

i share this from the claims experiences - gains and losses I've had in the past. All the best to your stay in our little red dot! Keep the rubberside down!

Yamaha Virago XV1100 '92

Honda Pacific Coast '98

Yamaha V-Max '93

BMW K100 '83

Honda CB 750 FII '97

Honda CB 250 RS '88

Hi whitepomfret, many thanks for your post.

Just to add a couple of things about DirectAsia.com. You don't have to buy online. We have a call centre which is open 6 days a week where you can talk things through with our customer champs, or you can even come into our office at 88 South Bridge Road and do it face to face. Which ever suits you.

The other thing is in relation to claims - we're really proactive with this - you will hear from us throughout the process. You don't have to keep waiting to find out what is happening with your claim. We know how important this is to people, so want to make it as painless as possible. Our guys are only a phone call away, so the personal touch is there for you.

There are often different ways of looking at things and what you say about claims and your broker is one. If you've got a really good broker then they may well work hard on your behalf (of course you are paying extra for that on top of going direct). Alternatively you may find that an extra party may not fundamentally act in your interests. This may well be the case when it comes to selling too - whether they advise you on what's best for you, or what's best for them - that's something that is worthy of investigation and reflection. I'm not trying to say you are wrong, just mentioning the 'other side of the coin' as these things aren't always straight forward.

Anyway, thanks for your really useful posts ... and very much hope everyone gets the cover they need and can rely on.

take care .....

Welcome to Singapore, SUPERBIKER!

There are a few companies to buy insurance from here in SG. As some brothers already wrote, the largest covering motorcycles is NTUC Income. They are not a normal company but a co-operative. So focus in for policyholders in the long run. Started with lower income population decades ago, so generally covered motorcyclists in a bigger way. My bikes are covered under them.

MSIG -my car was under them for 6 years until the NTUC Income's Orange Force service came round last year. Thought my family would benefit from that help if I'm not with them and car broke down. But for my car, MSIG gave good value for money. Alas, I didn't have a chance to insure my bike with them to be able to tell you.

For bikes, Direct-Asia gives good premium quotes for the coverage. Probably the best around. But they did state that I didn't need to go to a counter to buy the insurance, no need to see anyone. Just buy from the comfort of my home and computer. Sounds good. BUT For me, I am a little adverse about dealing with the computer when I want to make a claim. I want a person to deal with face to face. That's why I decided on NTUC Income. Too many branches around to switch off. They seem to flaunt their customer service promise. I'll take it to the max with them if I ever want good customer service. At least they cite it, so they'd better prove it.

i read in between your lines that you might have company cover. If so, perhaps you might want to integrate your insurances together as you have moved in to Singapore. When i lived overseas, I pulled all my insurance needs together, worked it through an insurance broker who realizes that I have a couple areas of business to work with, then s/he goes and gets the quotes for home protection, personal accidents, motor, blah blah... Compares apples with apples for me. makes it easier. And comes to me. At the crunch of a claim, I don't go to the insurance company, I go to my broker. Broker fights for me and because he has a few businesses with the insurance company, they are more likely to listen. No use if the case is clearly against me, but great if things are hanging on an edge and just needs a bit to tip it to my favour.

i share this from the claims experiences - gains and losses I've had in the past. All the best to your stay in our little red dot! Keep the rubberside down!

DirectAsia.com - Singapore's Online Insurance

Motorcycle Insurance - Car Insurance - Travel Insurance - Home Insurance - Personal Accident Insurance

Bros, PLEASE... I feel there are some "lack of common sense" postings going on here. Like:

1. "How much is the insurance for an RXZ?"

2. "How to get a quote from XYZ insurance company?"

If the writer has the brains to find the way into this forum, I don't see why he/she does not have the cow sense to google the company website and ask for a quote?

Nobody on this forum can advise a quote to anyone just based on a bike type. You need Bike make, model, age; Rider experience, age, occupation, background, and maybe even residential location. Also, One would need to know if it's Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft, or basic Third Party. Loading for second rider? There are so many issues to geting a quote. PLEASE just go ask the companies and do your own homework.

And if a rider has done so, and wants to show everybody his homework, Well done, please do that and include your personal details because not everyone is the same. So... again, adjustments need to be made.

Let's have some smarts here, please?

Thanks!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Facebook_like_thumb.png/700px-Facebook_like_thumb.png

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

• 5 weeks later...

have you tired AIG? my premium previously is NTUC. but this year when need to renew, they charge me more 100+ (from 700 to 801). I called AIA they refer me directly to this AIG agent. He charged me (3rd party only) 370. so save me by half. just need send them the proposal form, soft copy of IC and license then they settle everything with you. arrange a day go down to AIG at CBD area to sign the insurance and make payment. just from my side. peace.

Hi Everyone, am a newbie who just passed my 2B early Jul 2013 and am now looking around for a used bike. As one of the prerequisite is to have an insurance policy first before buying over a bike (assuming I have one targetted and agreed with seller etc), I would like advices from experienced bikers.

For a less than 3 yo used bike, is it advisable to get a comprehensive or 3rd party F+T insurance? Reason I am asking is because for my own car, I chose to buy a comprehensive insurance for the first 3 years. When I obtained a quote for new bike from Republic Motors, I was given a quote with 3rd party F+T and the sales guy saying, "For bikes, it is quite alright to get just 3rd party F+T, no need to waste money on comprehensive unlike cars".

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone, am a newbie who just passed my 2B early Jul 2013 and am now looking around for a used bike. As one of the prerequisite is to have an insurance policy first before buying over a bike (assuming I have one targetted and agreed with seller etc), I would like advices from experienced bikers.

For a less than 3 yo used bike, is it advisable to get a comprehensive or 3rd party F+T insurance? Reason I am asking is because for my own car, I chose to buy a comprehensive insurance for the first 3 years. When I obtained a quote for new bike from Republic Motors, I was given a quote with 3rd party F+T and the sales guy saying, "For bikes, it is quite alright to get just 3rd party F+T, no need to waste money on comprehensive unlike cars".

Thanks in advance!

Still it's what you want, you kiasu, get the comprehensive.

Minimal requirement is 3rd party.

Everything still boils down to your own decision and needs.

Road hogger @ 50km/h on 4th lane :cool:

A bike can go up till 200km/h, can the rider go up till 200km/h o_O

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys got 1 qn to ask. i just pass my class 2b ytd and i have a class 3 lic as well. those insurance website that provide u with the quote will ask whether " Have you made a claim in the last 3 years?" what if i have claim it in 2-3yrs ago in my class 3, will insurance company dun insure me for class 2b lic or my insurance premium will b higher?

currently my car is under NTUC income and i using them for 2nd year liao.

Hope to hear advices from u expert here.