SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

600 to 1000cc?

hydrop

Originally posted by tourer84@Nov 7 2006, 02:46 AM

I think significantly a litre class has better edge in terms of throttle control in mid-corners. Having a better mid range should equate to a better weight stability as the engine should effectively rev lower but powering with the same brute as a 600's in its high revs. It's all about driveability I guess.

In comparison to having a 600 revving into corners, they need to keep their engines on near-redline tacho counters inorder to stay on power band just to blast out of exit points, I think it's pretty hard to keep a smooth throttle in mid corners. Having to keep your 600s on a high rev would also mean a stronger engine vibration and noise. IMO, it's really hard to feel tarmac/chassis feedbacks with that strong vibes going around.

For a seasoned trackie there shouldn't be significant difference, but for newbies, being able to stay in the low revs really earns them alot more stability and confidence. I guess that's why the litre class tends to own the midweights, other than the obvious power differences.

Uh, I have to disagree abt your first part.

A 600 rider will have better throttle control coming out of a corner... or should I say, an easier time with throttle control..... simply because the response of a 600 isn't as vicious as a 1000. The 600 rider is able to "play around" more with his throttle in contrast with a 1000 rider, who has to practice throttle discipline... or find himself in a nasty highside when he loses his rear and shuts the throttle in panic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ((((R1Rider))))@Nov 21 2006, 09:40 PM

sorry man, i think you all are waste your money on 1000 or on 600...just remember youre in sg road....you cant run your bike at 270km or like that....waste money.....

if i were you i just buy a 400 super four or like that, thats enough....

last week i go to singapore, and watching rider ride 1000 and didnt dare to open the gas...because speed limit...hahahaha

if you go to my country, Indonesia, you will feel HOW REALLY POWERFUL A 1000 CC BIKES ARE...!!!! i usually redline my 05 R1, at 1st at 150 km/h....then change to 2nd and twist the gas until it hit 190km/h...and still go on to the 3rd, 4th......... heaven of speed here....

how you do that in sg...???

And that's exactly why SG riders always go North to M'sia's NSH to let their bikes loose.

Besides, you bought your 05R1 for straight line blasting, or to use it as it was intended to be used?? :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Originally posted by ((((R1Rider))))@Nov 21 2006, 09:40 PM

sorry man, i think you all are waste your money on 1000 or on 600...just remember youre in sg road....you cant run your bike at 270km or like that....waste money.....

if i were you i just buy a 400 super four or like that, thats enough....

last week i go to singapore, and watching rider ride 1000 and didnt dare to open the gas...because speed limit...hahahaha

if you go to my country, Indonesia, you will feel HOW REALLY POWERFUL A 1000 CC BIKES ARE...!!!! i usually redline my 05 R1, at 1st at 150 km/h....then change to 2nd and twist the gas until it hit 190km/h...and still go on to the 3rd, 4th......... heaven of speed here....

how you do that in sg...???

wow... are u the one responsible for the very recent haze while u r burning the striaghts? geez... you make it sound like you have your bike on trainer wheels!

how lame. we abiding by the laws doesn't mean that we do not have the avenue to release the potential of our bikes.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4936/e24852wxme5.gif

Originally posted by MrLau@Nov 22 2006, 07:56 AM

All this involved money, as long you can find someone to invest.

Nobody can to invest money in a business that cant garantee return, especially building a race track in Singapore, the land is already so expensive.

Remember few year back, we will "fighting" to building a proper skating park?

u wont be able to find someone to invest, because our whites definitely have tight control

somehow from wad i see, motorsport is still considered " taboo" in sg,

race ? can ! do it in carpark pls !

UNLESS ur talking abt golf course !

somehow since young, the education has implanted in me, sg is small, land is scarce, we mus work hard, very gd plans has been in place to make public housing affordable by erm.. ( Wiping our ur CPF, for the common peasant like me )

but i cannot comprehend, y are they so many golf courses on the east side, from the eastern ECP to sheares, there are at least 4 golf courses alone, is land that scarce actually ? are public housing that ex actually ?

and recently during the last parliament or wad, an approval wad made for SAFRA Jurong or something ? and i tot we already have a cheverons there ?

are all these so -call, clubhouses actually afforable for our public ? or our millitary officers are short of drinking places during office hrs ?

during my ns days, i was on official business to a certain , army clubhouse, n i saw for myself, a SWO dead drunk, making a fool of himself in the lobby during office hrs !

and he was wearing our no.4 uniform wif the top rank of a WOSE

so all u whiners ! quit whining, go back n study ! be the elites or prepare to be left behind ! and u want to talk abt a track ? u want to talk abt riding ?

only the elites survive, motorsport is nothing compared golf , get it !

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r239/utopian355/ABCD0006-smallcopy.jpg

Originally posted by DeusExMachina@Nov 24 2006, 12:51 PM

Uh, I have to disagree abt your first part.

A 600 rider will have better throttle control coming out of a corner... or should I say, an easier time with throttle control..... simply because the response of a 600 isn't as vicious as a 1000. The 600 rider is able to "play around" more with his throttle in contrast with a 1000 rider, who has to practice throttle discipline... or find himself in a nasty highside when he loses his rear and shuts the throttle in panic.

You got quite a point there also. :)