SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

ZEUS 2009 line of motorcycle helmet

LATEST UPDATE :

The helmets only comes in Black or White colours only. Other colours unavailable at present time. Maybe next shipment.

The helmets which came in does not come with built in sun visors. Was advised that the sun visor version was unapproved thus distributor is not bringing them here.

Bought the ZS3000 Black, shell construction bigger than previous models. Cushion thicker. Finish is better. Looks more professionally done than previous version. Pretty light compared to Mfizz flip up. Hook catch is made of plastic. Need to put in a bit of force to close the flip up helmet, probably because still new. Interchangeable to open face helmet. Have not tried riding with it, so will post an update regarding it later.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4108/4834745460_c32390dc33_m.jpg

1994-1997 - Piaggio LM150

1997-1999 - Honda NSR 150 SP

2002-2004 - Honda Super4 VtecII

2004-2006 - Yamaha R1 2004

2006-2008 - Yamaha R6 2007

2008-2010 - Suzuki GSXR1000 K8

2010-Current - Yamaha FZ1S 2006

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good budget helmet. I am using the old Zeus flip up and it's about time I change the helmet.

My concern is that my box is very small, any cm taller than the old model and I wouldn't be able to fit it into my box.

A shame about the visor. i thought it's a good feature.

I will probably go take a look this saturday. :)

LATEST UPDATE :

The helmets only comes in Black or White colours only. Other colours unavailable at present time. Maybe next shipment.

The helmets which came in does not come with built in sun visors. Was advised that the sun visor version was unapproved thus distributor is not bringing them here.

Bought the ZS3000 Black, shell construction bigger than previous models. Cushion thicker. Finish is better. Looks more professionally done than previous version. Pretty light compared to Mfizz flip up. Hook catch is made of plastic. Need to put in a bit of force to close the flip up helmet, probably because still new. Interchangeable to open face helmet. Have not tried riding with it, so will post an update regarding it later.

Hmmmmm.....could wat u've hve is the model with `A' or `B' version?? I read on the net ZS3000 A or B version do not hve sunshade?

UPDATE:

Did a bit of riding with the helmet, personal thoughts about the helmet :

1. Ventilation could be a bit better.

2. Wished they had brought in the sun visor model.

3. Cushion is comfy but ear positioning not exact.

4. Quite a lot of wind noise (well to be expected, it's a budget flip-up anyways)

5. Sometimes need to press hard to lock the helmet catch.

6. Doesn't wobble from the wind when riding.

Overall - Pretty good budget flip-up. Serves it's purpose of adding more protection for my head when riding from 1 place to another. Cheap, doesn't burn a hole in my pocket compared to other models.

Hmmmmm.....could wat u've hve is the model with `A' or `B' version?? I read on the net ZS3000 A or B version do not hve sunshade?

I think the ZS-3000 is the no graphics, no sun visor model.

The ZS-3000A is the graphics, no sun visor model.

The ZS-3000B is with sun visor model.

Currently what they're saying, distributor is only bringing in ZS-3000/ZS-3000A model since PSB approved. ZS-3000B not approved as yet so they're not bringing in.

I wouldn't mind buying an export version if it had the sun visor. Hopefully later they'll bring it in. Maybe should get the official word from the distributors themselves. Am also curious to know if really true.

UPDATE:

Did a bit of riding with the helmet, personal thoughts about the helmet :

1. Ventilation could be a bit better.

2. Wished they had brought in the sun visor model.

3. Cushion is comfy but ear positioning not exact.

4. Quite a lot of wind noise (well to be expected, it's a budget flip-up anyways)

5. Sometimes need to press hard to lock the helmet catch.

6. Doesn't wobble from the wind when riding.

Overall - Pretty good budget flip-up. Serves it's purpose of adding more protection for my head when riding from 1 place to another. Cheap, doesn't burn a hole in my pocket compared to other models.

I wonder how this stack up against Caberg Rhyno which cost about the same with similiar good review.

The Zeus is a PSB approved Helmet.

I think the Rhyno is lighter but not approved.

Does it matter to hve PSB approval?? Most important to me is that they are snell/dot approved. So far, for the last 9+yrs using Nolan flipup without PSB approval.

Bought the helmet. It's heavier than I thought. Even though it's longer than the old flip up, it's not taller so I still manage to fit it into my Vespa LX150's box. The paint job has improved over the previous model. Don't think I would convert the flip-up to open-face frequently. So this feature is not useful to me.

Carberg Rhyno looks cool and the sun shade feature is good. Unfortunately, it's too tall for my box and I read remarks that rain can seep in.

Bought the helmet. It's heavier than I thought. Even though it's longer than the old flip up, it's not taller so I still manage to fit it into my Vespa LX150's box. The paint job has improved over the previous model. Don't think I would convert the flip-up to open-face frequently. So this feature is not useful to me.

Carberg Rhyno looks cool and the sun shade feature is good. Unfortunately, it's too tall for my box and I read remarks that rain can seep in.

Congrats on ur purchase. Do update here on ur usage of the helmet. btw, how much did u pay for the helmet and where did u buy from? U mention Caberg.....did u get a quote for the helmet.

Hi all,

just an update..i have gotten the Zeus ZS-3000 two weekends back but have been using for only about 4 days..

i have not been riding for almost ten years liao, but recently got a CB400 and have been riding with the Zeus since collection..

i used to ride with an open face and honestly, i cant remember how "noisy" the helmet was back then..but from my experience with the Zeus, i would say that it doesnt fit my impression of a "quiet" helmet..especially from about 60 km/hr and up..but as you all know, there are many factors that could cause this gushing effect in my case..but i did do an experiment by bending down over my fuel tank while travelling around 95km/hr and a lot of the noise was gone!..so i thought the noise was cos of my straight up riding posture..maybe fellow riders with the same helmet but diff bike model can share their opinions about this issue..

weight wise, i think it is very acceptable for a modular..i picked up a display piece that was converted to the open face configuration, and it was like one heaven and one earth..lolz..but even in the full face mode, i feel that it's weight is very evenly distributed and not taxing even in my east to west rides..

ventilation wise, honestly, i cant really feel the top vents..but the chin vents are decent..but anyway, i realised even with the chin vents off, some air is still coming in from somewhere lah so it's okay..haha..

one thing that bothered me initially was that i could feel the tips of my ears being compressed a little whenever i put the helmet on..maybe it's the shell shape, or maybe it's just me..i'm not sure..but i'm getting more used to it already, so no biggy here..

two of the best things i like about this helmet are:

1)Visor clarity is IMHO, excellent! i dont know how the one on this helmet will compare against those one up market ones, but sometimes, i even forget that my visor is down, until i stop at a junction and realise that i need to flip it up for air..keke..last two days are H.O.T manz..

2)Peripheral view is great in the FF configuration! I dont get that "can't see enough" feeling when i check my blind spots on the move..

overall, i would say, i dont regret getting this helmet..i've been wanting to get a buff, and will update here if it makes any different to the ears and noise issue..

in the meantime, happy and safe riding peeps! :thumb: cya all on the roads!

It is also Snell approved... for your update

i think i read somewhere that only those up to size M are approved is it? think the size L to XXL (like mine, keke) are not..

anyone knows the answer pls share..cos this is what i think i remember seeing..

hi all,

Firstly, Happy New Year holidays to all fellow bro's/sis's!

In an update to my previous humble review regarding my Zeus ZS-3000, i would like to add>>

When i bought the helmet, one of the additional "parts" i was given was a pair of small paddings that were supposed to be fitted at the ear area of the inner lining "if necessary"..And as i mentioned in my personal review, i find the helmet not that quiet as i always experience what feels to me like wind blowing up to my ears. So, before i went out for a little midnight riding just now, i removed the existing thin fabric at the ears area via the velcro and replaced them with the thicker pads given. During my ride, i realised that they DID make a noticeable difference to the noise level at speeds above 60km/hr, which was when the noise usually kicks in for me. After a few stops to trial and error the position of the two pads, i soon got used to the additional cushioning they gave, and enjoyed the quieter ride from there on. I shall be leaving the two original ones at home from now..keke..

Cheers all!

hi all,

Firstly, Happy New Year holidays to all fellow bro's/sis's!

In an update to my previous humble review regarding my Zeus ZS-3000, i would like to add>>

When i bought the helmet, one of the additional "parts" i was given was a pair of small paddings that were supposed to be fitted at the ear area of the inner lining "if necessary"..And as i mentioned in my personal review, i find the helmet not that quiet as i always experience what feels to me like wind blowing up to my ears. So, before i went out for a little midnight riding just now, i removed the existing thin fabric at the ears area via the velcro and replaced them with the thicker pads given. During my ride, i realised that they DID make a noticeable difference to the noise level at speeds above 60km/hr, which was when the noise usually kicks in for me. After a few stops to trial and error the position of the two pads, i soon got used to the additional cushioning they gave, and enjoyed the quieter ride from there on. I shall be leaving the two original ones at home from now..keke..

Cheers all!

Tks for the cont'd update. This is helpful to those looking for flip up helmets:). And Happy New Year to one and all.

maleng>>

got psb sticker ?

yes.below the Zeus logo at the back of the helmet.

Is it easy to flip up and down the helmet ?

easy.the red button at the centre bottom of the chin guard to unlatch is easy to operate.

As in you guys have difficulties clipping the helmet back down ?

no.but maybe due to the size/shape of my head/face, i have to pull the chin curtain down a little to clip the chin guard down.have not considered removing it yet.and i find that there is a little bit of free play to the chin guard even when fully down and latched, but still feels secure nonetheless.

hope that helps! :thumb: