SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kup Cai and Supermotard Races at Tuas 25/26 July.

Round 1 of 5... new series for 2009. Last race on June 21 does not count.

Qualifying will be on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday will be race day.

To whom it may concen:

Please see attached, Supplementary Regulations for SMSA Road Racing Championship (Round 1), for your perusal.

E & P Event Management will be hosting 5 rounds of SMSA Road Racing Championship, from now till end of 2009. The first round will kick off on 25th and 26th July, this month.

Round 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be held on 15th-16th August, 1st-2nd October, 7th-8th November and 5th-6th December, respectively.

Also, we would like to informed that track will be closed for maintenance from 13th July (Monday) till 16th July (Thursday) and will only resume its operations from 17th July (Friday).

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at 6484 2448.

We hope you can support our events and look forward to your participation.

Regards

Eric Chia

SMSA Road-Racing Championship 2009 (Round 1)

Supplementary Regulations 01

Dated on: 11th July 2009

Promoter/ Organizer: E&P Event Management/ Singapore Motor Sports Association

1. Name of Event: SMSA Road-Racing Championship 2009

2. Date of Event: 25th and 26th July 2009 (2-days event)

3. Venue of Event: Tuas Circuit (Singapore)

4. Jurisdiction: This event is held under the International Sporting Code of the FIM and

National Competition Rules of SMSA

5. Type of Events: 4 Classes

(i) Class A: Super Motard (Expert & Novice);

(ii) Class B: Improved 4-Stroke (Expert, Intermediate, Novice & Veteran);

Up to 150cc for all makes, ie: Yamaha Sparks 110, 135, R125, FZR150, Suzuki Katana,

Raider 150, Honda Wave, CBR150, etc.

(iii) Class C: Improved 2-Stroke (Expert, Intermediate & Novice);

Up to 150cc for all makes, ie: Yamaha Y125, RXZ135, TZM150, Kawasaki KR150, Suzuki

SP150, Aprillia 125.

(iv) Class D: Series Production 4-Stroke (Open Class);

(Note: Applies to OEM Exhaust only)

Up to 150cc for all makes, ie: Yamaha Sparks 110, 135, R125, FZR150, Suzuki Katana,

6. Eligible Competitor:

(i) Foreign Competitors must posses a valid competition licence issued by SMSA with a release

letter from their FMN.

(ii) Singapore Competitors must posses a valid competition licence issued by SMSA.

(iii) Singapore Competitors need to have their competition licence done at least 7 days before the

event at SMSA office @ 20 Maxwell Road, #10-18, Maxwell House. Tel: 6227 7889.

7. Entries Opening Date: 13th July 2009 (Limited entries will be accepted)

8. Entries Closing Date: 23rd July 2009 (Thursday) at 1700 hrs

9. Entry Fee: S$ 120

(i) All entry fees are to be paid to Ms Le Ling at E&P’s office @ Blk 3 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park

2A, #03-13, A.M.K. Tech 1, Singapore 568050. Tel: 6484 2448 (Opp. Ang Mo Kio Auto Point)

Operating hours: Monday – Friday: 0830 hrs – 1200 hrs/ 1300 hrs – 1800 hrs

(ii) All details requested in the entry form must be completed.

(iii) Foreign competitors are reminded that permission must be sought from the respective ASN’s

to participate in this event by having this entry form stamped.

10. Race Schedule:

25th July 2009 (Saturday)

0800 hrs – 0930 hrs Competitors’ registration, documentation and vehicles scrutineering

0930 hrs – 1000 hrs Competition briefing

1000 hrs – 1100 hrs Qualifying (Time Practice) – Class A

1100 hrs – 1300 hrs Qualifying (Time Practice) – Class B

1300 hrs – 1500 hrs Qualifying (Time Practice) – Class C

1500 hrs – 1600 hrs Qualifying (Time Practice) – Class D

26th July 2009 (Sunday)

0800 hrs Competitors reports to event HQ, followed by briefing

0930 hrs – 1000 hrs Semi-Finals – Class A

1000 hrs – 1130 hrs Semi-Finals – Class B

1130 hrs – 1330 hrs Semi-Finals – Class C

1330 hrs – 1430 hrs Semi-Finals – Class D

1430 hrs – 1500 hrs Finals – Class A

1500 hrs – 1600 hrs Finals – Class B

1600 hrs – 1700 hrs Finals – Class C

1700 hrs – 1730 hrs Finals – Class D

1730 hrs Prize Presentation

Note:

The above-mentioned time may be subjected to change without prior notice.

(i) There will be a S$50 penalty fine imposed for late comers (ie, failing to register by the

stipulated time stated under Race Schedule on the SR).

(ii) There will be a S$ 25 penalty fine imposed for late registrations (ie, after 23rd July 2009).

(iii) Only competitors who have cleared registration and had their bikes passed at scrutineering will

be allowed for super pole qualifying.

(iv) Competition numbers must conform to FIM Regulations.

(v) Qualifying will be based on super pole times. Each participant is only allowed a maximum of 4

laps and the best lap timing will determine their grid position.

(vi) Semi-Finals: 12 Laps – 15 Laps (depending on the number of participants)

(vii) Finals: 20 Laps (depending on the number of participants)

11. Prize Presentation: 26th July 2009, Sunday

Prize money and trophies will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placing respectively. Trophies will

be awarded to 4th and 5th placing, only in the event when there are 12 or more entries in an event

class.

(Note: Amount of Prize Money is to be confirmed, depending on the number of entries.)

12. Officials of the Meet:

(i) SMSA Steward Mr Peter Tan

(ii) Clerk of the Course Mr William Seah

(iii) Chief Time Keeper/ Scorer Mr Kied Wong/ Mr Novan Huang

(iv) Chief Safety Marshall Mr Hasni

(v) Chief Scrutineer Mr William Seah

(vi) Chief Starter TBA

13. IMPORTANT

(i) The event on the 25th and 26th July 2009 has been designated SMSA Road Racing

Championship 2009 (Round 1).

(ii) Competition numbers must be placed in a visible area (1 in front and 1 on each side of the

rear cowl of the bike) on a square-based plastic plate. The minimum height and width for

numbers must be 18 mm.

(iii) The maximum allowed decibel reading for exhaust systems is 102db at 6,000rpm.

(Note: Series Production Base on OEM Standard)

(iv) After scrutineering of the machines on 25th July 2009, participants are not allowed to change

their bikes. During the event, participants are also not allowed to repair their bikes on the

track.

(v) Competitors without getting their documentation done and their bikes scrutineered with “OK”

stickers on their bikes will not be able to practice.

(vi) Competitors must attend briefing.

(vii) No outside help, including pit crew, is allowed during the race. Marshalls will only assist when

deemed fit, by safety officers, should a competitor create an obstruction to others.

(viii) If an incident occurs, the Jury members will meet and give a ruling. All decisions made by the

Jury members are final.

(ix) Disciplinary actions will be taken on participants, if they fail to comply with the Officials and

Marshalls.

(x) It is a condition of entry that competitors have no claim against the Organizer, Singapore

Motor Sports Association; Promoter, E & P Event Management; Sponsors and/ or anyone

carrying out their duties in the course of the event.

Edited by Raptor

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to check? I thought no rules what. :cheeky:

Slap a number, racing footrest, mod everything money can buy. Go !!!

haha assuming that is it la... but oso want to know any prize money or they just take money n give plastic trophies from some bird singing contest... not that i can earn the money tho, but others who might be able to would want to know better.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/cbr17/kiss.jpg

No cash money, also will play one. You know right? ;)

not all tho... IMO no cash money is ok, but at least give decent trophies/ prizes... whilst we're racing for the sport, if organiser organising purely for profit oso no fair.

but its ok since its juz a thing we lyk to do cuz we have a passion for bikes n we like d thrill in racing.. its juz a hobby to some of us bro.. even win get ice cream oni i think theres still b riders participating.. correct me if im wrong.. hahakZ.. peace..

but its ok since its juz a thing we lyk to do cuz we have a passion for bikes n we like d thrill in racing.. its juz a hobby to some of us bro.. even win get ice cream oni i think theres still b riders participating.. correct me if im wrong.. hahakZ.. peace..

i've got my thrill in racing already, now just lying low spend money on my family is much better than racing without a cause. this is the same reason some riders out there are not participating and we no longer see things the way you do anymore... and if profit minded organisers can forgo the basic necessity of a good prize, they can also forgo other issues like safety. slowly, as we have seen, the entry numbers will drop...

anyway... whatever it is there is just 1 organiser so whatever rules they have we must follow or make do with it... or become spectator like me :angel:

You are right. Trophy or money is not the issue to some. I race coz I just love the thrill of speed and competition. To me a riding on a track is a personal challenge.. am racing against myself.. pushing my personal limits.. so winning or losing does not mean anything to me except that its a bonus if I finish on the podium.

Look at those idiots who race on the public roads... what do they stand to win? A chance to lose their licence or their lives only yet they still race.

So to say that without big prize money or man sized trophies the number of participants will drop.... I kinda want to disagree there.

Just my humble opinion... peace.

yepz yepz totally agree wit raptor.. n furthermore if most people race for d price money then y is there still so many riders participating in round 1 2 n 3.. *winkZ* n y do many still go for PG trackday.. in my opinion its because they enjoy doin wat they r doin tats y they still go even if they cud have won only a small trophy.. and u'll feel proud n felt as if u have achieve somethin in life even juz to get a small trophy.. hahakZ..

You are right. Trophy or money is not the issue to some. I race coz I just love the thrill of speed and competition. To me a riding on a track is a personal challenge.. am racing against myself.. pushing my personal limits.. so winning or losing does not mean anything to me except that its a bonus if I finish on the podium.

Look at those idiots who race on the public roads... what do they stand to win? A chance to lose their licence or their lives only yet they still race.

So to say that without big prize money or man sized trophies the number of participants will drop.... I kinda want to disagree there.

agree....:thumb:tats the way to go....for the passion of motorsport:angel:

this guy told me once "It doesnt matter if you come in last, its still better than those guys watching over the fence"

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Wezzzzo/ASBK-EC-09_1736.jpg

Asphalt Surfer

Surfing The Asphalt & Bitumen Since 2004

Round 1 of 5... new series for 2009. Last race on June 21 does not count.

Qualifying will be on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday will be race day.

[/b]

Apart from OEM exhaust..wat are the other specifications???

Where can i get the S.R for this???

-Contact - [email protected] / +65 83121946

-Add me @ FaceBook = Saitoh Hajime

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Support Local Racers..!!:thumb:

Heys guys, this is not just call a kup cai race, it will mix with other brands of bike stated below this time round.

(i) Class A: Super Motard (Expert & Novice);

(ii) Class B: Improved 4-Stroke (Expert, Intermediate, Novice & Veteran);

Up to 150cc for all makes, ie: Yamaha Sparks 110, 135, R125,

FZR150, Suzuki Katana,Raider 150, Honda Wave, CBR150, etc.

(iii) Class C: Improved 2-Stroke (Expert, Intermediate & Novice);

Up to 150cc for all makes, ie: Yamaha Y125, RXZ135, TZM150, Kawasaki KR150, Honda SP150, Aprillia 125, etc.

Up to 150cc for all makes, ie: Yamaha Sparks 110, 135, R125, FZR150, Suzuki Katana,Raider 150, Honda Wave, CBR150, etc.

Cheer

http://k53.pbase.com/u48/geneeric/large/35499844.DragRace16.10.04063.jpg

Also if rider won make it for sat free practise & Qualifyin..Due to another event

Will the rider be penalised??

If I recall correctly the last time I saw Ryuta starting from the back of the grid on race day coz he did not take part in the qualifying coz he was at Sepang the day before.

And he still managed to claw all the way up to 2nd before his bike comitted harakiri on itself.

not all tho... IMO no cash money is ok, but at least give decent trophies/ prizes... whilst we're racing for the sport, if organiser organising purely for profit oso no fair.

11. Prize Presentation: 26th July 2009, Sunday

Prize money and trophies will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placing respectively. Trophies will

be awarded to 4th and 5th placing, only in the event when there are 12 or more entries in an event

class.

(Note: Amount of Prize Money is to be confirmed, depending on the number of entries.):D

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b383/keleveryan/TD20090816-3924.jpg