SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

WR200

ET

i dunnoe why so ex..i went with my bro and my father...if can i bring my whole family...no need to say if i kena carrot or not...

my machine price is 3.8k...then he said he'll do full overhaul for me...insurance for me is $588..

before going to everbright, i went to check out at changi road there...near asphoon oso...got one sell 3.5k...but insurance $630..conditon ok except for the rear suspension...

anything dont rush...look out for more other shops...dun be like me, checked out 2 shops only..hehe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh.. 2.8 is just machine price only leh.. how man? none of my frds riding scramblers.. =((

You can check out with the shop directly to enquire about the insurance rate based on your age and riding experience. That should give you the close-to-exact amount. Hmmm, any family members who know anything about scrams?

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit

i dunnoe why so ex..i went with my bro and my father...if can i bring my whole family...no need to say if i kena carrot or not...

my machine price is 3.8k...then he said he'll do full overhaul for me...insurance for me is $588..

before going to everbright, i went to check out at changi road there...near asphoon oso...got one sell 3.5k...but insurance $630..conditon ok except for the rear suspension...

anything dont rush...look out for more other shops...dun be like me, checked out 2 shops only..hehe

Based on what you quoted, the $3.5k one has a faulty rear suspension which may give you more problem even when they have it fixed (not replaced). I've experienced a few friends who bought bikes with some known defects before the shop released to them and the defects still existed even after repairs and servicing were done.

Similar to you, I went to 3 shops to recce for the bike and I was satisfied with the bike at the 3rd shop. It was all good and costed $3.5k OTR (with 3rd party coverage only about $320). Maybe the ones you went offered 3rd party TPFT coverage. Nah, you're not being ripped off, dude. Just hope that your ride is not a problematic one.

You can check out with the shop directly to enquire about the insurance rate based on your age and riding experience. That should give you the close-to-exact amount. Hmmm, any family members who know anything about scrams?

haha sadly.......

no.

D437S Gi-pro Dynamx volt RCS 19 Gianelli W custom SK silencer BMC air filt H&BJr 40L Scottoiler Bridgesport L valve HID Ventura headl PR3 Custom made radiator guard 3M Carbon IU Ohlins YA-041 BMW grips Motovation front fork & rear axle slider Barend slider Titax adjustable clutch Crampbuster Ram Mount W Aquabox USB charger Custom made Sargent Inspired seats@eugene saddlery

Based on what you quoted, the $3.5k one has a faulty rear suspension which may give you more problem even when they have it fixed (not replaced). I've experienced a few friends who bought bikes with some known defects before the shop released to them and the defects still existed even after repairs and servicing were done.

Similar to you, I went to 3 shops to recce for the bike and I was satisfied with the bike at the 3rd shop. It was all good and costed $3.5k OTR (with 3rd party coverage only about $320). Maybe the ones you went offered 3rd party TPFT coverage. Nah, you're not being ripped off, dude. Just hope that your ride is not a problematic one.

Hopefully lah bro..thanks =)

ohh just called up. otr is abt 3.5 for that.

D437S Gi-pro Dynamx volt RCS 19 Gianelli W custom SK silencer BMC air filt H&BJr 40L Scottoiler Bridgesport L valve HID Ventura headl PR3 Custom made radiator guard 3M Carbon IU Ohlins YA-041 BMW grips Motovation front fork & rear axle slider Barend slider Titax adjustable clutch Crampbuster Ram Mount W Aquabox USB charger Custom made Sargent Inspired seats@eugene saddlery

Hi there, just bought a WR200, and have not a single bit knowledge on them. Need some advice and answers~

-My wr200 which i recently bought has Front KTM Brembo Brake kit(I believe KTM uses 2-pot caliper) but currently i am using the original stock caliper(Single-pot), braking is not as efficent, must i change the caliper to ktm200 too or should i use back the stock?

-What are the common problems a wr200 can face, ie. conrod wear easily or so...?

-Where can i find those golden scales that i see many scrambler has? How much are those?

-Do you guys spray your side-boards at spray shop or D.I.Y?

-Any Scrambler shops to recommend other than dirt wheel. somewhere near central.

WR 2 dun come with brembo brake calipers! they came stock with NISSIN 2 pot calipers. since when has 1 pot become better den 2? btw changing caliper or pump is not as easy as it seems. u have to measure the press from the master pump to the slave pump. too less, brake not efficient. too much the brake will grib onto the brake disc and after long riding, it either wear ur disc or brakepad! WORSE IT COULD EVEN JAMMED! so i guess is still up to u, whether u wan the BLING factor, or the safe ride round town

ohh just called up. otr is abt 3.5 for that.

That is reasonable, dude. Now to check out the ride yourself. If you don't have anyone to advise you on the ride why don't you ask around in this forum. I'm sure there tons of dudes and dudettes who are willing to render assistance.

hmm if like that den...for the price, i think quite cheap. Good luck bro in buying ur ride! :)

Agreed.

oh but the interest they charge is like 200 per year leh.. they tell me they dun go by percentage..

hmm no. just 200 flat per yr.

y not we meetup one day and chit chat abt bike matters. how?

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/deryiu/newbie1.jpg

Past Rides: WR200(2004-2005), WaveS125(2005-2006), WR200(2006-2007), XR400(2006-2007),GN125(2007-2007),KTM200(2007-2007), XR400(2007-2008), Gilera200(2008-2008), Vespa(2008-2008).

Current Ride: XR400 & WR200

3.5.. hmm if buyin frm a shop shud be reasonable.. wif new coe.. almoz 1k.. ur insurance nearin 1k.. transfer fees n stuff.. i tink still werth it uh.. if got problems also u can go back to da shop as der shud be at least a mth of warranty.. so no need to stress if anytin goes wrong..

so its left to voice down on how u check dat bike.. whether da engine still reliable or not.. leakin forks.. leakin engine casings/gaskets.. etc.. any accs to go along wif da bike.. n stuffs..

You Ain`t Ridin.. If It Ain`t Slidin..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/trialsin/siggie3.jpg

lol... still considering leh..

cos i waited for soo long alr.. 7 months more to 2a.

hmm.. thinking of just waiting for a few more months den see how lor.. hee

catch up with our next on road mass riding - 30th SEPTEMBER -SUNDAY

http://main.slackriders.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=214570.html#214570

Past Rides: WR200(2004-2005), WaveS125(2005-2006), WR200(2006-2007), XR400(2006-2007),GN125(2007-2007),KTM200(2007-2007), XR400(2007-2008), Gilera200(2008-2008), Vespa(2008-2008).

for those newbies can also join my new scrambler group outing. Juz enter google.com and search for " bro_isk trail ". I organise local trail and kopitiam meetups for new scrambler riders.

If you wanna get a 2A bike just wait then. Save the trouble of considering the WR200 when you can go for WR400!!!

yeah man.. see how la.. i am quite interested in drz4.

so may i know whats yr previous bike(s) b4 u got yr busa?