SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

co: jackson vehicle

done: spray paint, fiber repair/refill, carbon print.

verdict: very very well done, all crack and holes well covered, paint and carbon design finished off by high grade lacquer, warranty 12months comes with 1 time free wash and wax after cpmlpeted. (respray to pearl white with carbon printing for my x1)

quality: execellent!!

service: one of the rare provided in s'pore.

damage: $300+ plus towing to and fro (stay at bukit batok, his workshop at loyang)

keep it up! henry.

got his contacts?

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am thinking of re-spraying my X1-R to the FIAT Paintwork. however, i heard from people that there are shops selling the ready-sprayed coverset. anyone out there have any idea how much it would cost to have it sprayed ?. and where and how much would the coverset cost ?.

thank you..

1. Aug2006 to Oct2007 - Honda NSR150 SP [FS7835R]
  2. Oct2007 to Mar2009 - Honda Wave R [FBA1455K]
  3. Mar2009 - ????????? - Yamaha X1-R [FBD*****]

does jackson paintwork does paintjob for 125z?...small fairing,unlike sportsbike..

sure he does! im one of the happy customer (X1R) who did with him. juz call him, he will go to your place to check, see, advise and etc before he quote, pricing not ex given his value added service.

hope this helps.

You can call Ken at 96624583 for e price range. From wat I know, he doesn't charge v.ex.

is tis ken of yeow motor??

o smoke pay smoke.. united we grow

1st: FT5705R nsr 150 sp 2nd: FT5043S nsr 150 sp

3rd: FZ9167K yamaha x1 4th: FP5793G s4 vs

5th: FBA2925P cbr 600 rr 6th: FBA7389D yamaha x1

7th: FT8373U nsr 150 sp 8th: FM1102T gsxr 400

9th: FS783C s4vtec 10th: F*3*B yamaha yzf r6

11th: FN3643E cbr 400 rr now: FBD5**8E yamaha x1r

anyone knows how much to spray ver s? only the two middle cover and the tail?

http://i38.tinypic.com/2610xz6.jpg

T r i u m p h S t r e e t T r i p l e

sure he does! im one of the happy customer (X1R) who did with him. juz call him, he will go to your place to check, see, advise and etc before he quote, pricing not ex given his value added service.

hope this helps.

wah...if he come down,den must pay service already.....hehehe...but how much did u pay for your X1R?...simple paintjob or airbrush design?

wah...if he come down,den must pay service already.....hehehe...but how much did u pay for your X1R?...simple paintjob or airbrush design?

he did not charge me for any service or transportation fees. in fact, he came to my office (jurong) twice before i decided to let him spray. i juz pay for the paint job. accordingly to him, he did the same to other bikers also. i done my x1r at $200+ two tone with some carbon fiber prints and alot of refilling works(due to accident). one tone will be more cheaper i tik.

hope tis helps.

co: jackson vehicle

done: spray paint, fiber repair/refill, carbon print.

verdict: very very well done, all crack and holes well covered, paint and carbon design finished off by high grade lacquer, warranty 12months comes with 1 time free wash and wax after cpmlpeted. (respray to pearl white with carbon printing for my x1)

quality: execellent!!

service: one of the rare provided in s'pore.

damage: $300+ plus towing to and fro (stay at bukit batok, his workshop at loyang)

keep it up! henry.

u his brother ah?

--------------------------

[date of achievement] or [license achieved] - no one wants to noe... thk u ;-p

:thumb:

he did not charge me for any service or transportation fees. in fact, he came to my office (jurong) twice before i decided to let him spray. i juz pay for the paint job. accordingly to him, he did the same to other bikers also. i done my x1r at $200+ two tone with some carbon fiber prints and alot of refilling works(due to accident). one tone will be more cheaper i tik.

hope tis helps.

well...sure..thanks alot,will contact him once i finalise which colour n design should i used....does email works for him?

• 2 weeks later...

how much shud the price range be for x1r with 3 colours and design? H L Cycle quoted me $280.. any other better recommendations?

RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011

125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012

PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

how much shud the price range be for x1r with 3 colours and design? H L Cycle quoted me $280.. any other better recommendations?

bro

wat kind of color you are spraying? i tik $280 for 3 colors quite cheap liao but you can call jackson vehicle for quotation for comparsion. in btw, any warranty from HL?

bro

wat kind of color you are spraying? i tik $280 for 3 colors quite cheap liao but you can call jackson vehicle for quotation for comparsion. in btw, any warranty from HL?

warranty wise not sure yet. wats the contact and address for jackson vehicle?

RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011

125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012

PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

I met up with Alan yesterday to get a quotation for respraying my bike. The price he quoted me is unbelieveably good! He even gave me 2 prices, one for normal 2k paint, and another slightly more expensive price for german made 2k paint (used for BMW cars and he claimed it gives much better gloss than the normal 2k paint). The price quoted for the german paint is still cheaper than all other quotations i've got from various places so far, and i don't even know what paint they use.

He seemed quite popular, there were a few other bros there discussing paintwork with him for the short 30 mins I was there.

I met up with Alan yesterday to get a quotation for respraying my bike. The price he quoted me is unbelieveably good! He even gave me 2 prices, one for normal 2k paint, and another slightly more expensive price for german made 2k paint (used for BMW cars and he claimed it gives much better gloss than the normal 2k paint). The price quoted for the german paint is still cheaper than all other quotations i've got from various places so far, and i don't even know what paint they use.

He seemed quite popular, there were a few other bros there discussing paintwork with him for the short 30 mins I was there.

Hi, where is Alan from. Can I have his contact please. Much Thanks.

http://www.thelightriders.org/images/alpha.gif

I got his contact from this thread. Check post #543 (Page 11, his name is alan law not david law), and follow the link provided to see the quality of his work. I met him at Looi's Kaki Bukit yesterday. Have to SMS him and arrange time to meet.

Hi, where is Alan from. Can I have his contact please. Much Thanks.
Edited by skip

I got his contact from this thread. Check post #543 (Page 11, his name is alan law not david law), and follow the link provided to see the quality of his work. I met him at Looi's Kaki Bukit yesterday. Have to SMS him and arrange time to meet.

Thanks for the info.

http://www.thelightriders.org/images/alpha.gif

Most of the bike comes with 1k paint. if we were to respray with car paint meaning 2k paint, the grades should be the same, the only diff is the brand. So i was wondering does it really make a diff for BMW or merc vs toyota and nissan paint specs? To have the very gloss effect, it should be the lacquer effect not the paint. lacquer do play a major part for after spray effect, depending on how many layers and microns you use, the lesser layers and micorns sure give you cheaper price but gloss does not last. you pay for wat you get.

Juz for your considerations and a few cents worth.

cheers.

bro

wats the price quoted? As far as i know, 2k or car paint most comes from german or italy and share the same specs. To have a better and lasting gloss, i think is the type of lacquer and self maintenances thing.

awaiting your price, many thanks.

Most of the bike comes with 1k paint. if we were to respray with car paint meaning 2k paint, the grades should be the same, the only diff is the brand. So i was wondering does it really make a diff for BMW or merc vs toyota and nissan paint specs? To have the very gloss effect, it should be the lacquer effect not the paint. lacquer do play a major part for after spray effect, depending on how many layers and microns you use, the lesser layers and micorns sure give you cheaper price but gloss does not last. you pay for wat you get.

Juz for your considerations and a few cents worth.

cheers.

Like everything else on earth, 2k paint comes in different grades too. Ask any professional detailers and they will tell you the difference between BMW (German) paint and Toyota (Jap/Thai) paint.

I am no expert in paint, but i believe the difference between 1k and 2k paint is the number of parts that are mixed before its application. 2k polyurethene paint is mixed with a hardener before application, once cured it provides a hard surface that can be polished to high shine with abrasive polishes. The hard surface is also typically resistant to solvent etching (e.g. petrol).

When you mentioned lacquer, i believe you are actually refering to the clear coat that is applied on top of the base coat to achieve the gloss effect. The clear coat also comes in 1k and 2k, and in different grades too. There is also those acrylic lacquer spray cans that you can get from DIY shops for $5, but it will melt away when you drip petrol on it.

If you ask me if there is really a difference between german paint and jap paint, i can tell you from personal experience there is. I've owned jap cars before, am now driving a german car, and I enjoy detailing the car myself so i know the difference.

Anyway I am not here to prove anything, just sharing my limited few cents worth of knowledge and experience on automotive finishes. I may be totally wrong, please wiki for the different types of automative paint finishes if you want to learn more.

Since we are on this topic, i will share with you a picture of the reflection off my freshly DIY polished, sealed and waxed car boot lid.

Cheers! :thumb:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/skipismad/SNC00185.jpg

Edited by skip

bro

wats the price quoted? As far as i know, 2k or car paint most comes from german or italy and share the same specs. To have a better and lasting gloss, i think is the type of lacquer and self maintenances thing.

awaiting your price, many thanks.

Hi Bro,

Please see my previous post about my understanding of the different types of automotive paint. i believe 2k paint can come from anywhere, not just germany or italy. I'm sure China produces 2k paint too. :cheeky:

Regarding the price I was quoted, its pointless to reveal it here as it depends on the make/model of the bike and how complicated you want the paintwork to be. Having said that, if there are any BMW RT owners who are planning to respray your bike, you are welcome to PM me and I will share with you the quotations I've gathered from different painters so far.

Cheers! :thumb: