SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Lube your chain

check your chain tension regularly.. after it is retensioned and a week or 2 riding....if the tension is bad again

it is really very bad...basket case already.

conventional wisdom..a chain can only be retension 3 times.

anyway..check for chain wear...pull chain away from the rear sprockect ..if it can move ..3mm is my std for chain replacement...

if its more...accident going to happen if chain breaks.

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talking bout chain tension.. It's pretty difficult to check if the chain tension is good enough currently. Though I know it should only be a few mm diff, I'm still worried if I'm checking properly or not.

Are there any other tips on how to check chain tension etc? If it's needed to be tightened blablabla.. Sometimes, I just don't trust my mech lol!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The OP mention that O rings chain just lube, and didn't say anything about cleaning, and he recommended PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube. Reviews in overseas says that it's a good lube that sticks to the chain and with minimum splash, but in SG reviews, it's an uncommon choice as it splashes alot, anyone tried it before ? What about ipone or maxima lube, the wax ones, are those good ?

2014 - current Kawasaki KLX 125

The OP mention that O rings chain just lube, and didn't say anything about cleaning, and he recommended PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube. Reviews in overseas says that it's a good lube that sticks to the chain and with minimum splash, but in SG reviews, it's an uncommon choice as it splashes alot, anyone tried it before ? What about ipone or maxima lube, the wax ones, are those good ?

iPone Sand Chain spray is good

Alright, will probably buy that, what about cleaning, does O ring chains need cleaning ? Cause the mechanic i go to, say it doesn't need cleaning, just lube per week will do

I doubt spray chain type will cause much mess as compared to using oil to lube your chain

If u need to clean, kerosene is better

Alright, will probably buy that, what about cleaning, does O ring chains need cleaning ? Cause the mechanic i go to, say it doesn't need cleaning, just lube per week will do

chain cleaning?? of course needed if you want your chains to have max life and tip top conditions...

but alas somehow bikers do lube but most forget about the cleaning part..

if you just lube with the greasy spray wax as most do...and not clean the chains at regular intervals..

the chains will pick up all sorts of nasty road grimes..these are the stuff that will destroy your chains.

as the spray wax is very sticky..

the chains are expected to be relubed every 500km..others may think that 1 lube can last till the next oil change..they are misinformed or just a bad practice..

so u see cleaning is a must if you expect your bike to have excellent performance ...and chains to last as long as possible..

chains maintenace will be one of the more impotant task to be done regularly..

use a chain oiler if you dont want to mess around with waxes and cleaning schdule...as the chain oiler will clean and lube your chains evry time u ride...

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

• 5 months later...
chain cleaning?? of course needed if you want your chains to have max life and tip top conditions...

but alas somehow bikers do lube but most forget about the cleaning part..

if you just lube with the greasy spray wax as most do...and not clean the chains at regular intervals..

the chains will pick up all sorts of nasty road grimes..these are the stuff that will destroy your chains.

as the spray wax is very sticky..

the chains are expected to be relubed every 500km..others may think that 1 lube can last till the next oil change..they are misinformed or just a bad practice..

so u see cleaning is a must if you expect your bike to have excellent performance ...and chains to last as long as possible..

chains maintenace will be one of the more impotant task to be done regularly..

use a chain oiler if you dont want to mess around with waxes and cleaning schdule...as the chain oiler will clean and lube your chains evry time u ride...

like what he said, chain has to be cleaned, there's no version of chain that requires no cleaning, it will eventually pick up dirt and carbon and turn black, there's no rule of thumb as to when to clean chain, but if you look at your chain and think it's black and dirty, then it's time to clean it

• 2 weeks later...
like what he said, chain has to be cleaned, there's no version of chain that requires no cleaning, it will eventually pick up dirt and carbon and turn black, there's no rule of thumb as to when to clean chain, but if you look at your chain and think it's black and dirty, then it's time to clean it

For me, it doesn't look black and dirty, but i can feel there's a drag, then i will just do a clean and lube

2014 - current Kawasaki KLX 125

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • admin unpinned this topic