Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by WildCard@Feb 4 2004, 08:52 AM

Yeah, it is a unique design. Just worried for my pillion though. Kinda uncomfortable for her...

If your pillion gets on and off the bike the correct way, no need to worry about the exhaust burning her. If she does not do it the right way, whatever exhaust will also burn her.

 

Suzuki spent lots of design hours in the wind tunnel to arrive at that location, don't spend money to spoil it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Reddevil76

For the TLR riders here, a tank bra will keep the heated fuel tank from passing the heat to you.

 

Carbon fibre heat shields on the frame part which touches your inner thighs works wonders.

 

Unfortunately they are not available in Sg, specially bought in Japan and I'm not gonna sell separately. My buyer for the bike gets it.

 

What u guys can try is perhaps wrap thermal wrap around there.. ugly but should work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Reddevil76

And guys guys guys... comparing K3, K2 to a TLR is really unfair. One is a 16-18K bike at current market... one is less than 10K.

 

One is developed in 1998, refined till 2000, and still holding its place in today's market. Not the fastest, but definitely still one of the fastest.

 

The other is a latest model.

 

You get what you are willing to pay for.

 

To be fair, compare what you get for the dollar you pay. I'd say for the TLR, you get more per dollar than any of the popular class 2 bikes.

 

And as some of those squid type comparisons, let me just remind you that the world is not made out of straight roads only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by omnislash@Aug 29 2003, 09:22 AM

Blackbird i believe... R1? The guy nv play wif u izit?

With ease? R1 pick up to 100km/h in less than 3 seconds... With ease meaning u can do it in 1 or 2 seconds? Than u oso faster than G1 liao...

 

Sorry but i dun really believe cuz if its such a powerful bike, it wont be selling at 7K with no takers...

tl can smoke out blackbird? thought e quartermile n 0-100 its not in top ten rite? R1 also can smoke bb? siao liao...

http://1990cbr1000f.superbikeclub.com/images/avatar_1.jpghttp://s.deviantart.com/static/fella-wrench.jpg

 

The church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One Reason For the design of the end can is cause it is also built for cornering. i have a friend riding bb and complained abt the exhaust obstructing the corner. tls angle of cans are similar to bb so ...1+1 =2

 

For the heat, my gf was afraid and got burnt on the first day but dont worry, her skin aint gonna peel out. diff from 2b cans. one ways is to get ur pillion to use ur pegs to get up dnt put too much weight on pillion pegs....

Marauder, FZ150, TW200

Hurricane, CB400 vS

TLR, ST11 TCS/ABS

STX TW200, M400, Runner180

TDM900, ET8

Vespa classic 10" 8"

Z750S, Multistra 620

TUONO R

CB1100EX

Vespa GTS300 Super ABS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by WildCard@Feb 5 2004, 08:10 AM

Naw, I'm not worried abt my pillion getting burnt. My old Steed's exhaust had more prospenity to burn me and my pillion''s legs. Naw, I'm more worried since the pillion's seating might be a bit tad uncomfortable with the high design.

How about custom-made exhaust guard? like those on the RVF? possible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by luN@Feb 6 2004, 10:03 AM

How about custom-made exhaust guard? like those on the RVF? possible?

it comes with a pair of stock exhast guards liao :cheer:

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

 

在绝望中坚强

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by WildCard@Feb 5 2004, 08:10 AM

Naw, I'm not worried abt my pillion getting burnt. My old Steed's exhaust had more prospenity to burn me and my pillion''s legs. Naw, I'm more worried since the pillion's seating might be a bit tad uncomfortable with the high design.

The exhaust has no effect on the pillion's seating position. the rear footpegs are still placed in the usual way most sportsbikes pillion pegs are placed. But there's a possibility of the pillion's shoes touching the exhaust, that's why it comes with stock exhaust guards.

 

As for the seat itself, it is by far the largest and thickest for sports bikes (not comparing with squid bikes like bb or Haya, they are sports-touring, not pure sports).

 

You can't have the best of ALL worlds when you buy a bike. Want the best comfort for you and pillion, do not buy a sportsbike.

Link to post
Share on other sites

BraVo!.... Thats the whole thing.... I missed my ver s comfort but thinking or the phonies!!! nevermind with tat. TLR is also not tat uncomf. jus not as comf as a non sportbike.

Marauder, FZ150, TW200

Hurricane, CB400 vS

TLR, ST11 TCS/ABS

STX TW200, M400, Runner180

TDM900, ET8

Vespa classic 10" 8"

Z750S, Multistra 620

TUONO R

CB1100EX

Vespa GTS300 Super ABS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kish_garfield@Feb 6 2004, 07:23 PM

BraVo!.... Thats the whole thing.... I missed my ver s comfort but thinking or the phonies!!! nevermind with tat. TLR is also not tat uncomf. jus not as comf as a non sportbike.

non sports bike are more uncomfortable when u go touring becouse of wind resistance...

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

 

在绝望中坚强

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

First impressions

After 3 years of dreaming, finally lived it by getting a sportsbike. And what a sportsbike. A big jump from small cruisers to a TL1000R. Took it for a spin and brought my fiance along.

First impression, no wonder its called the "widow-maker" in the States. Underneath the cool exterior is a power waiting to be unleashed. Drop your guard for a minute and she'll throw you off in a second. But pay close attention and you'll realize this things flies like a dream, accompanied by an attention-seeking "thump-thump-thump" from the twin pipes. At a traffic light. Turns green. A short twist of the throttle and everybody else gets left behind.

 

My only major complaint: The heat. Any extended riding like yesterday's wild ride from Tuas to Orchard's gonna leave my thighs all barbecued. Think shorts or bermudas are out of the question.

 

But overall, worth my cash. The seating will need some getting used to (last nite had to sleep with 3 major aches). But fortunately my pillion says the seating is ok for her. Not as uncomfortable as I tot. Though the heat rather complicated things. The rear seat was surprisingly longer and wider. even compared to my Steed or Phantom. She says she can actually move back a bit without worrying off falling off.

 

 

Side-note, all thanks and :thumb: to decoupe for a great bike...

hehhehehe

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BoBOKik
Originally posted by WildCard@Feb 25 2004, 02:08 PM

First impressions

After 3 years of dreaming, finally lived it by getting a sportsbike. And what a sportsbike. A big jump from small cruisers to a TL1000R. Took it for a spin and brought my fiance along.

First impression, no wonder its called the "widow-maker" in the States. Underneath the cool exterior is a power waiting to be unleashed. Drop your guard for a minute and she'll throw you off in a second. But pay close attention and you'll realize this things flies like a dream, accompanied by an attention-seeking "thump-thump-thump" from the twin pipes. At a traffic light. Turns green. A short twist of the throttle and everybody else gets left behind.

 

My only major complaint: The heat. Any extended riding like yesterday's wild ride from Tuas to Orchard's gonna leave my thighs all barbecued. Think shorts or bermudas are out of the question.

 

But overall, worth my cash. The seating will need some getting used to (last nite had to sleep with 3 major aches). But fortunately my pillion says the seating is ok for her. Not as uncomfortable as I tot. Though the heat rather complicated things. The rear seat was surprisingly longer and wider. even compared to my Steed or Phantom. She says she can actually move back a bit without worrying off falling off.

 

 

Side-note, all thanks and :thumb: to decoupe for a great bike...

hehhehehe

glad u are enjoyin yr new ride....

 

 

ps... take care while u are out riding esp during this period of time... kekeke u know wat i mean ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by SqUiDk3@Feb 25 2004, 06:21 PM

glad u are enjoyin yr new ride....

 

 

ps... take care while u are out riding esp during this period of time... kekeke u know wat i mean ;)

all the way, bro.

Rite now, I think I'm an RXK-rider on a TL1000R. So ruddy scared of the power, I'm not even exceeding 100 on any roads....

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think there should be a club in sg for TL. so we can go on outings together. anyway i am a fallow TL got any updates or anything pls share with us

Marauder, FZ150, TW200

Hurricane, CB400 vS

TLR, ST11 TCS/ABS

STX TW200, M400, Runner180

TDM900, ET8

Vespa classic 10" 8"

Z750S, Multistra 620

TUONO R

CB1100EX

Vespa GTS300 Super ABS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Reddevil76
Originally posted by WildCard@Feb 25 2004, 08:53 PM

heheh!

how about for all Suzuki riders?

 

:smile:

 

 

Say, garfield, know of any way to deflect the heat that's emitting from the leg area? I've heard of carbon fibre deflectors but want to know more about it....

The carbon fibre deflectors are available for retail only in Japan. None of the millions of US & UK mail order accessories sites carries this product.

 

The only way out for you is to find some freelancer or shop which can mould carbon fibre to do it for you.

 

My TL1000R is pending transfer (sale is confirmed with deposit in hand). Unfortunately, days before the sale, I actually bought an extra set of headers and headlight to keep as spare, in anticipation of more trackdays.

 

It's coming to me via airmail and should reach me pretty soon. If any TLR riders here either frequents track or is on 2nd/3rd party insurance, and wish to stock up these two as spares (always first to kena in a spill), PM me a reasonable offer. If not, I'll put them up for sale in overseas forum for better returns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

guys, guys...

:help: :help: :help:

 

Horrors abound....

Tuesday nite, before heading home, I tanked up to full tank at Jurong. Headed home. Wednesday morning, went to my motortiam at Alex Village to get a replacement light bulb which blown the night before and headed home. Afternoon, rode to Tuas, picked my fiance up from werk, sent her back to Jurong East, rode back home to pick up my dinner and headed to werk at Sengkang. Overnite shift. Early morning, rode back home using the same exact route. Then early this morning, rode from home to Changi Airport for a job interview. To my horror, the reserve light started blinking. I checked my tripmeter 1 and it displayed 140+ km (I reset at the Jurong petrol station on Tuesday nite).

:giddy: :giddy:

Wah, dun tell me my full tank can only bring me up to 150+km before reserve. Cannot be rite? I was hoping at least 220 km. before reserve. Didn;t really ride hard. But wondering could it be my riding style.

Rite now, I'm still getting used to the bike and keeping up to 100km/h on all roads. Since my 4th gear is a bit loose (being rectified this weekend), I stayed up to 3rd gear, but didn't really drag. Dunno whether is my mileage correct?

:cry: :cry:

Link to post
Share on other sites

basket internet. anywayz. the heat thing will past. using long pants will be sufficient n futher more it is safer to wear jeans or long pants.berms still ok.

 

well the consumption i also don know why like that.mine was 14.4 per lit when just got it but now 18.5 to 20. jus today i cal it was 19.5. don use low gear. cruise higher gear save fuel and smoother. i usually cruise at 6th gear at 3500 to 4000 rpm. with occasionally blasting lah. but my improvemnet i guess owes to the usage of F2-21. quite effective.

Marauder, FZ150, TW200

Hurricane, CB400 vS

TLR, ST11 TCS/ABS

STX TW200, M400, Runner180

TDM900, ET8

Vespa classic 10" 8"

Z750S, Multistra 620

TUONO R

CB1100EX

Vespa GTS300 Super ABS

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by kish_garfield@Feb 26 2004, 09:50 PM

basket internet. anywayz. the heat thing will past. using long pants will be sufficient n futher more it is safer to wear jeans or long pants.berms still ok.

 

well the consumption i also don know why like that.mine was 14.4 per lit when just got it but now 18.5 to 20. jus today i cal it was 19.5. don use low gear. cruise higher gear save fuel and smoother. i usually cruise at 6th gear at 3500 to 4000 rpm. with occasionally blasting lah. but my improvemnet i guess owes to the usage of F2-21. quite effective.

Whats F2-21?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Yoshiki@Feb 26 2004, 09:53 PM

Whats F2-21?

yeah, wats tat?

 

 

So lemme get this straight...

Even though I'm planning to cruise at low speeds (100 below), best to use 5 gear upwards?

 

BTW, kish, how much distance were you able to cover?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by WildCard@Feb 26 2004, 10:28 PM

yeah, wats tat?

 

 

So lemme get this straight...

Even though I'm planning to cruise at low speeds (100 below), best to use 5 gear upwards?

 

BTW, kish, how much distance were you able to cover?

Higher gear crusing fuel consumption will be lower.. Normally I use 5th/6th gear on the expressway riding 100..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...