SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Racing Footrest

dendang

juz changed my X1 footrest to racing footrest.

y isnt the rear brake effective?

i also noticed the back light didnt brighten up wen i press the rear brake, but it brigten up wen i press the front brake..

Stay Low When Corner <);-)

2006 - 2B

2007 - 2A

2008 - 2

2009 - 3

2006 till current = Yamaha X1, Honda CB400, KIA Cerato Forte

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dendang@Nov 13 2006, 05:18 PM

juz changed my X1 footrest to racing footrest.

y isnt the rear brake effective?

i also noticed the back light didnt brighten up wen i press the rear brake, but it brigten up wen i press the front brake..

cause the racing footrest brake lever is much shorter than the original brake lever + the metal rod that is connected between the lever and the drumbrake has been modified

u can try the following:

1. change the metal rod to a brake cable

2. remove the part of the exhaust pipe guard directly below the brake lever

heard frm some of the bros here that the braking can be improved using the above ways

if not, then either:

1. stop using racing footerest and change back to original footrest

2. change to rear brake disc

3. ride w/ malfunctioning rear brakes

option 2 will set u back by quite a substantial amt of money

option 3 is highly not recommended as brakes are important especially during emergencies

juz my personal opinion

perhaps some of the bros here can post more abt the effectiveness of using brake cable instead of rod

:smile:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

Originally posted by dendang@Nov 15 2006, 11:51 PM

got my light fixed...

i still cant find the logic why the brake wont work properly..

do u still have the original rear brake lever??

compare it with the existing lever on the racing footrest

the huge difference in length is one major factor already

to compensate for the difference in length, u need to depress the lever harder

actually it is not that the brake wont makan, but rather, the amount of force exerted by yr foot is now not hard enough to make the brake makan

for experiment, u can try using the heel of yr foot to depress the brake lever harder and see whether there is difference in braking

btw, the removal of the part of the exhaust guard under the footrest is to clear some space so that u can depress the brake lever further down somemore

:smile:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

• 3 weeks later...

Bro is it when u attached the racing footrest u never put the spring back properly. Coz for the rear brake to light up, there's a small spring that's attached to the footrest connecting to the rear brake lights. If the spring is not attached then of coz the lights won't work.

Cheers :smile:

(1)NSR SP 150(FT5726E) (2)RXZ(FP8543S) (3)KRR 150(FU2121P) (4)R6 '05(FY6651D) (5)Getz 1.4A(SGJ575Y) (6)Gilera VXR 200 (FBC4201X) (7)FZ6 S2 (FBD2275R) (8)X1-R (FBB6401C) (9)FZ16 (FBF2411D) (10)FZS1000 (FZ2591P) (11)MT-09

Loves a Yammie... It always touches my heart!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Marvelkid@Dec 20 2006, 11:43 PM

i thought the rear brake lights is only activated by the front brakes??....at least my current bike is like that....anyway if i did not remember wrongly...when i learn my 2B in CDC...the rear brake also only activated by front brakes...correct me if i am wrong

You are wrong..Think if there is a test on pre-checkin of the bike sure you fail..Ahaha..Anyway jokes aside..The rear light should be activated by either the front brakes and also the rear brake..Choose your fancy..Anyway if you were to be stopped by ROV/TP and they see that your rear lights doesn't light up when they press the rear brake you can get fined..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..