SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Hi there

hello there..I have some questions which i hope you experts can help me with. i am from india and planning to come down to singapore soon. I ride an R15 here and am a track day addict. Work has made me come down to singapore and probably stay for a couple of years. I am quite not so sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but seeing all the track addicts i am posting this. My questions

1) How can i hit the PG or Sepang tracks?

2) What license do i need? Will an international license do?

3) I am planning to buy a 600 in singapore, but not sure if the licencing issue will help.

4) Where do i get good riding gear here?

I know these are a bunch of em questions..but hope fellow track bugs can help.

Would love to meet up with you guys if i can.. godspeed.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello there..I have some questions which i hope you experts can help me with. i am from india and planning to come down to singapore soon. I ride an R15 here and am a track day addict. Work has made me come down to singapore and probably stay for a couple of years. I am quite not so sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but seeing all the track addicts i am posting this. My questions

1) How can i hit the PG or Sepang tracks?

2) What license do i need? Will an international license do?

3) I am planning to buy a 600 in singapore, but not sure if the licencing issue will help.

4) Where do i get good riding gear here?

I know these are a bunch of em questions..but hope fellow track bugs can help.

Would love to meet up with you guys if i can.. godspeed.

Hi, good to hear that there are some guys in your lovely country India are interested on riding on track. Most I come across are either tourist or expatriat who are workaholic.

For the 1st question, you can join some of the riders who goes to this track during weekend (trackday).

2nd question, as far as I know(hope I'm not wrong) if you are working in singapore, you will need a work permit and if you are holding a valid license in your country then you can just do a conversion at the Traffic Police in Singapore which might require you to sit for a theory test (Pls check with the relevent department for confirmation as I might be wrong). Another thing is that, you need to know the license classification in Singapore which is CLASS 2B (200cc and below), CLASS 2A (400cc and below) and lastly CLASS 2 (400cc and above). Question is do you have this type of classification for license in India (hope not).

3rd question, there should be no problem if you have gone through the 2nd question and there are alot of 2nd hand 600cc bikes in Singapore and the price varies from different bike shop depending on bike condition unless you are intending to buy a brand new bike and wanting to export back to India once you have finish your "tour of duty". But that is another issue.

Last question, there's alot of bike shop which sell riding gear and price varies depending on what kind of riding gear and what brand. You can even get everything you need as some of the bike shop cater everything you need under one roof.

Hope that all your question is answered to the best of my knowledge cause I might be wrong on certain things. So if there's still doubts, you can always ask as bikers in the forum will definately help. All the best to you and who knows we might met up for trackday in the future.:):):)

hey...thanks a lot man..yeah we do have people who hit the track in india. There are only a couple of tracks and only a handful of riders lke us...but the number is growing by the day.

I checked the expats forums and the license requirements seems to be bad :( it seems if you have a valid license in india (we don't have any classifications here..) you can convert it only to a class 2a (

well about the bike and riding gear..thanks for ur clarification and i do see a lot of used bikes being posted here:P i am leaving behind my riding gear and hoping to get a better one here..

Hope to meet ya at the track some time :)

Don't know how soon you will be in singapore. If there's no class in your country then nothing you can do to the system. However, there's maybe one way your can try. Provide a proof of ownship and insurance of a bigger bike under your name in your country for at least one year before your come to singapore, bring those documants here maybe can help you issue a higher class license. Once you land on singapore, they won't consider anything you get in your country after that because they will say that your try to shortcut the singapore license system. So if you still have time, good luck!

***only 1 img allowed***

http://ots1jg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pZd4ExNZoYU5inWSyhHro2Om_JwSvEXDXYD1XWjARxDmm9HyKKJAhykIaqV9sgng0NzcSaTBqDyE/sign.jpg

Never stop trying to be faster!!!

Hey..thanks guys.. but we ddon't have any cc classification here. and i don't think i will have enough time to own a bigger bike for a year too.. :(. But if i have an international license, can i get a class 2 (hope this is the one) in singapore? and at the mean time apply for a singapore license? hope i am not getting on ur nerves..:)

Hey..thanks guys.. but we ddon't have any cc classification here. and i don't think i will have enough time to own a bigger bike for a year too.. :(. But if i have an international license, can i get a class 2 (hope this is the one) in singapore? and at the mean time apply for a singapore license? hope i am not getting on ur nerves..:)

You will still need to prove that you can handle the bigger bikes. This goes with experience. At min you will be issued with a Class 2B license which is

Ohh yes do check if you require a VISA to go to Pasir Gudang in Malaysia. This is because its a totally different country.

Edited by IvikaRazI

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

that's bad..:( less than 201 cc..? I can't even get a 250? Don't wanna ride the same old R15 in singapore too..

You have to consider that the way the Singapore motorcycle licensing system has been designed is to preserve your safety as a motorcyclist and that of other road users like me, and not as some here may lead you to think - to inconvenience you. I am one who believes in the progressive licensing system - to build rider skill and confidence in graduated steps - going up in hp, engine capacity and vehicle size as skills develop.

You may not be able to appreciate that coming from your country, but in time you might recognise and even appreciate the logic behind it. You have not mentioned the length of your experience on motorcycles so I can only assume that you have never ridden anything larger than a 150cc bike. To submit yourself to a shorcut of the system may lead to unwanted consequences, IMO.

Take your time to build your handling skills and roadcraft, especially in a foreign country of which you may know little about.

:cool:

You have to consider that the way the Singapore motorcycle licensing system has been designed is to preserve your safety as a motorcyclist and that of other road users like me, and not as some here may lead you to think - to inconvenience you. I am one who believes in the progressive licensing system - to build rider skill and confidence in graduated steps - going up in hp, engine capacity and vehicle size as skills develop.

You may not be able to appreciate that coming from your country, but in time you might recognise and even appreciate the logic behind it. You have not mentioned the length of your experience on motorcycles so I can only assume that you have never ridden anything larger than a 150cc bike. To submit yourself to a shorcut of the system may lead to unwanted consequences, IMO.

Take your time to build your handling skills and roadcraft, especially in a foreign country of which you may know little about.

Agreed.. But my riding plans are mostly concentrated on the track, and i don't plan to ride much on the streets. ..

I have had my share of riding SBK's and some exciting 2 strokes on the track and road.but haven't quite owned one yet. But the logic of waiting for a year or so to get promoted to the next level of bikes, doesn't seem to be 'Logical' to me, no matter which country.

I don't plan on any shortcuts and would stick to whatever the system is here. But i totally understand the concept of safety, and hence in a country of billions we are only a selected few who take it to the track, when we want to go fast..

Agreed.. But my riding plans are mostly concentrated on the track, and i don't plan to ride much on the streets. ..

I have had my share of riding SBK's and some exciting 2 strokes on the track and road.but haven't quite owned one yet. But the logic of waiting for a year or so to get promoted to the next level of bikes, doesn't seem to be 'Logical' to me, no matter which country.

I don't plan on any shortcuts and would stick to whatever the system is here. But i totally understand the concept of safety, and hence in a country of billions we are only a selected few who take it to the track, when we want to go fast..

Very simple rules we have here with regards to bike licencing. It is to keep our egoistical young idiots alive. We had too many of them killing themselves in the past when they jumped onto a high powered 750cc bike just after getting their licence.

Young man + high testosterone + inflated ego + high powered bike = disaster.

Even Valentino Rossi will have to follow the rules if he wants to come to Singapore and ride a bike... who are you to say that our laws are not logical? o_O

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Even Valentino Rossi will have to follow the rules if he wants to come to Singapore and ride a bike... who are you to say that our laws are not logical? o_O

I've already know who is India's Valentino Rossi.. Maybe this is India's Simoncelli..

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

Singapore rules for bike license are very strick. not as easy as u think.

u can get 200 n below if u have cash, but if u wanna get a 400cc and above, u gotta need time. so it is difference.

Do let us know when u r finally in Sg. i believe alot of us here willing to show u ard.

<CMO> Easy-stand(universal) make lubrication of chain easier, faster & effordless.

Video:

***NEW*** Anti-Showa Suspension. 99% secure. Protect your CB400 Spec1 & 2 rear showa suspension from stolen.

INVEST TO PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT

You may not have realised it, but you just insulted our national policy, so I'm hitting back, so that you know your place and think alot more before posting.

It is ridiculous to use the reason that you "Don't plan to ride much on the streets and will ride mostly on the track" as a mitigating factor to why this license structure should not apply to you.

If this was an accepted reason, where does it stop? Everyone would say the same thing and we would be back to where we were before - young punks with small brains and big balls, riding bikes with small weight and big horsepower.

A few lucky or naturally gifted may survive, but the majority get seriously injured and even die.

I doubt that you would have a better understanding of this subject than I do, based on my previous career, regardless of national boundaries and borders.

There are many riders here with vast experience, observations & statistics to back up the rationale behind this license structure we use, that makes your personal opinion and logic look foolish and flimsy; and your experience - pubescent.

It does not matter if you plan to ride a little or alot on the streets - you need to have a proper license if you do, even if it is only for 2 seconds a year, period.

Dont like it? - Too bad, we dont care if you don't.

I am quite sure that you are just impatient and cant wait to get to the next level, but that is clouding your common sense and making you think that you are ready when you are not.

If you think you are ready, then prove it to us by riding a smaller class bike for a year after passing our conversion test and not losing your license through accidents or offences. If you can do that, you would have convinced not only us, but the government here too, so what's the big deal?

Nobody cares about your experience on Superbikes or some crazy 2-stroke, since it proves nothing and thus qualifies you to nothing. I know people that have owned the most powerful bikes on the planet, but still cant ride decently enough to be safe.

I know many people who TALK alot about their riding and THINK they can ride a superbike or drive a GTR well...

In the eyes of the government or any respectable governing body, if there is no documented legitimate proof, it is not reliable and therefore not acceptable.

If that makes no sense to you, then you are basically very small minded and self centred.

What you are asking for is similar to being given a job without an interview - THAT is not logical, my friend.

Experience, skill and craft is earned through time & practice, there are no short cuts.

Edited by Hartholomew

hAnG lOoSe,

Hartholomew Mamola

The REV Club

For riders, by riders, NOT SOME GREEDY F*CK OUT TO MAKE A BUCK

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=23316&dateline=1271137474&type=profile