Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900


Recommended Posts

the boxes looks ok 4 me, but think the yamaha 1 need no bracket look more cool.

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • AJ..

    2986

  • kmax

    1809

  • vtr firestorm

    1279

  • Paikia44

    851

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mounting directly with Givi base plate is what I have in mind. Maybe need to drill at least one extra hole in the grab bar to hold it firm! But quite a pity to drill holes in the grab bar. :confused:

 

Original Yamaha top box too expensive lah. So maybe have to get the wingrack afterall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hepco & Becker stuff looks really neat. Maybe you can consider them as well. SW-Motech has removable racks that leaves ur bike nice and clean when you r out for some serious riding. Call me biased but I just got a thing for german parts. :thumb:

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Pufferfish@Mar 31 2004, 11:35 PM

Mounting directly with Givi base plate is what I have in mind. Maybe need to drill at least one extra hole in the grab bar to hold it firm! But quite a pity to drill holes in the grab bar.

Pufferfish,

Drill holes in the plate, then use bracket to grab onto the bar.

This case needs more nuts & bolts, but leave your bar intact.

But must find mechanic willing to go thru this trouble for u lah.

Or take your time go to hardware store & find suitable bracket & DIY.

Give up that you cannot keep...and gain the gift you cannot earn!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Pufferfish@Mar 31 2004, 11:35 PM

Mounting directly with Givi base plate is what I have in mind. Maybe need to drill at least one extra hole in the grab bar to hold it firm! But quite a pity to drill holes in the grab bar. :confused:

 

Original Yamaha top box too expensive lah. So maybe have to get the wingrack afterall.

saw apogez's TDM he got a way with DIY things, look very neat. maybe can try ask him to help figure out a neat n simple way.

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Link to post
Share on other sites

someone calling me?:smile:

 

Me using the Givi box too. The box come with a metal base plate, a universal plastic plate and some bracket.

the metal base was supose to mount directly to the grab bar (whatever you call that) thru the existing bolt but somehow the alignment was out.

As i was in a rush, i just ask the mechanic to mount using the plastic base and the supplied bracket.

 

on hindsight, i should ask them to mount using the metal base and the brackets. best of all, i forgot to take back the metal base. :giddy:

sigh... have to make do with the plastic base.

 

Spend some time in a hardware shop :smile: and believe me, you would be able to come up with some fantastic solution. The hardware shop have to be quite big though.

 

Bara,

for the splash guard, i using cut-out from some plastic file, look for those that is quite thick and hard so that during travelling, wont bend that much. And get as big size as possible. me using A3 paper plastic file.

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

Link to post
Share on other sites

you want my pic?? :shy: :cheeky:

 

nothing fantastic about it. Look like two ears growing out of my engine that all :smile:

din really take close up pic of my bike.

hmmm, will try to take some and show to you.

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thks for all the suggestions about top box mounting. Will source around for best way to mount it when my bike arrives sometime late April. Can't wait for it to come lah :smile:

 

Any idea how much a mainstand should cost? And whether it is worthwhile to get a higher windscreen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Pufferfish@Apr 1 2004, 10:59 PM

Any idea how much a mainstand should cost? And whether it is worthwhile to get a higher windscreen?

hi pufferfish, i just went down to M-technik yesterday and there's a new shipment of hepco and becker mainstand available. looks neat and good finishing... maybe you can call the boss or go down personally to view and check out the price :smile: as for windscreen, personally i think it will depend a lot on your height, but i would recommend a higher screen to protect urself from the bugs and deflect some of the wind from hitting your full face helmet if u r going to do some touring in our neighbouring countries :smile:

to all tdm9 riders, i just changed the front forkspring plus oil and now the bike travels better over rough surfaces and front grips better during cornering :smile: it's a good and worthwhile investment if u r keeping ur tdm9 for some time :smile:

 

ride safe everyone.

cheers :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tdmrider@Apr 2 2004, 06:58 AM

hi pufferfish, i just went down to M-technik yesterday and there's a new shipment of hepco and becker mainstand available. looks neat and good finishing... maybe you can call the boss or go down personally to view and check out the price :smile: as for windscreen, personally i think it will depend a lot on your height, but i would recommend a higher screen to protect urself from the bugs and deflect some of the wind from hitting your full face helmet if u r going to do some touring in our neighbouring countries :smile:

ride safe everyone.

cheers :smile:

 

 

Thks alot. Will check it out :smile:

 

Yeah i think will get a higher screen, but have to hunt for money first! Touring is what i have in mind after getting the bike :thumb:

Link to post
Share on other sites

yap! its only wise to get a taller wind shield. great for deflecting the wind off and also no more insects sticking onto the helmet:smile:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lyechi_can@Apr 10 2004, 05:10 PM

Hi Pufferfish,

Here's a photo of a actual TDM9 with bracket attached base plate for it's box.

Thks, now i see what you meant by using brackets. I think it should do the job as long as the weight is not to heavy.

 

So, now i only have to think about which Givi model box to get! :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lyechi_can@Apr 10 2004, 05:10 PM

Hi Pufferfish,

Here's a photo of a actual TDM9 with bracket attached base plate for it's box.

look at that! how says singaporean ain't innovative?

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by solo@Mar 29 2004, 12:59 PM

look like sperm... hmm... that's an interesting observation. suggesting of virility perhaps?

 

torque - official figures are in the first post of this thread.

max speed - rumoured to be at least 200kmh

carb model - 850

EFI - 900

Petrol capacity - official figures are in the first post of this thread.

Fuel consumption - depends on rider. 24km/l possible if you don't exceed 120km/h, highway only. JB to KL on 1 tank is NOT possible (for me).

80km travel - any motor bike.

resale - clueless.

max speed not rumoure ~200km/h, personally i tried till engine electronical cut at 222km/h. the engine got plenty of protential, if not for the electronic speed control think can go atleast ~250km/h pretty good for a twin :lovestruck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by comics00@Apr 12 2004, 12:53 PM

look at that! how says singaporean ain't innovative?

Sorry to disappoint u Cosmic, that pic was a EU bike.

 

Pufferfish,

I hv look at my own givi box installation. I think we can still use the 2 original grip-bar screw holes for the base plate. And then add 1 or 2 bracket at the other end of the plate to further secure & stablilize it.

Give up that you cannot keep...and gain the gift you cannot earn!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lyechi_can@Apr 12 2004, 05:42 PM

Sorry to disappoint u Cosmic, that pic was a EU bike.

 

Pufferfish,

I hv look at my own givi box installation. I think we can still use the 2 original grip-bar screw holes for the base plate. And then add 1 or 2 bracket at the other end of the plate to further secure & stablilize it.

yo,

that what the mechanic did to mount my base plate :smile:

 

If using the supplied metal base plate, the two screw holes on the grab bar and the metal plate cant be aligned properly. Unless Givi have changed the design of the metal plate

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by apogez@Apr 12 2004, 07:49 PM

yo,

that what the mechanic did to mount my base plate :smile:

 

If using the supplied metal base plate, the two screw holes on the grab bar and the metal plate cant be aligned properly. Unless Givi have changed the design of the metal plate

Thks apogez,

I hv a 42 lit. givi.

My base does not look like it is metal. After peeling of a rubber top, there are checkered holes for a piece of metal plate with holes for the screw.

These plates(made to fit the holes) can be placed into any of the checkered holes to accommodate the distance of the screw on the bike's grip-bar.

That is how it looked to me.

Would appreciate your feedback & TIA

Give up that you cannot keep...and gain the gift you cannot earn!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by comics00@Mar 30 2004, 12:14 PM

TDM got carb n EFI model. i m riding the 900 EFI which got better mileage compare to carb. 1/2 the time i ride on the expressway between 80km/h - 120km/h mileage always ^24km/l

 

saw 1 in dili asking for $12,000. 2002 model no. plate FV5****.

 

80 km a day think any bike will do. btw i travel ~100km per day.

Cosmic,

 

Saw the FV TDM at Dili. But suspect it's no longer accident free. I saw some dents and scratches on the exhaust. But the rest of the body seemed fine. I nearly wanted to go for it until i saw the dents. Mileage is abt 15k KM.

 

Casio

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by lyechi_can@Apr 12 2004, 10:27 PM

Thks apogez,

I hv a 42 lit. givi.

My base does not look like it is metal. After peeling of a rubber top, there are checkered holes for a piece of metal plate with holes for the screw.

These plates(made to fit the holes) can be placed into any of the checkered holes to accommodate the distance of the screw on the bike's grip-bar.

That is how it looked to me.

Would appreciate your feedback & TIA

maybe you can try to just bend a little of the edges. or drop coin onto the plate. should be able to get your answer :cheeky:

 

high chance you using the plastic plate unless your bike come with the Givi bracket

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by comics00@Apr 12 2004, 12:59 PM

max speed not rumoure ~200km/h, personally i tried till engine electronical cut at 222km/h. the engine got plenty of protential, if not for the electronic speed control think can go atleast ~250km/h pretty good for a twin :lovestruck:

WoW... didn't know it can go that fast. But is it stable when it's CG is so much higher??? Kind of worried with this kind of speed.....

You become successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by casio@Apr 13 2004, 09:47 AM

Cosmic,

 

Saw the FV TDM at Dili. But suspect it's no longer accident free. I saw some dents and scratches on the exhaust. But the rest of the body seemed fine. I nearly wanted to go for it until i saw the dents. Mileage is abt 15k KM.

 

Casio

aiya like that cannot tell lah. my TDM also got dent on the exhaust and some paint marks on the fairing. once pushing my bike toward the air pump i trip on my own leg and drop the bike onto the curp. thought got dent on my exhaust i still consider my bike accident free :cheeky: but pls dont quote me 'cause i dont know wat really happened to that buke in dili:goodluck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Oxygen@Apr 14 2004, 12:13 PM

WoW... didn't know it can go that fast. But is it stable when it's CG is so much higher??? Kind of worried with this kind of speed.....

no problem ^200km/h. when ride up NS highway i often open up ^ 200km/h when there is clear road ahead. infact i find it very stable even when going around bends. but taking into cosideration my bike got no boxes or what ever that may affect the air flow around the bike:goodluck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...