SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

wah piang eh!!!! just found out that someone sabo my bike!!! damn it!!!! he drilled a small hole on the plastic part. i don't know what you call it but it's something like a protector to the front fork. believe to be protecting the stones from having a direct hit onto the fork. that's the 2 small plastic cover just above the front mud guard. sim tia le!!!!!

Fork protector...Hmmm... maybe it a good idea... Will take a look at your bike. Seem like there new thing for me to do again :smile:

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by apogez@Apr 28 2004, 01:45 PM

Fork protector...Hmmm... maybe it a good idea... Will take a look at your bike. Seem like there new thing for me to do again :smile:

thanks apogez..

i hope to learn more abt the bike from you all. damn!!! i'm still fuming! feel like cursing at the person whoever he or she maybe. damn!

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

comics00 - i got a set of the 020s at $320 at Loois. i could be mistaken but heard someone got it $30 cheaper somewhere else.

casio - that 2 piece of plastic that measures approx 1" by 2" ? paste sticker to cover lah. i'm usually the first to leave and it's abt 10+pm

last checked with HL, one piece cost 5.50 to replace the fork protector. but currently no stock. anyway, what's done cannot be undone. dont worry abt it. had to get used to it.

solo, if you were the first to leave at 10 plus.. then the rest must be around cinderella time?

i heard that the original tyres that came with the stock (mez 4) is not very good. better to have bt020. is this true? in wat way the bt020 is better than the mez4?

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

Originally posted by solo@Apr 28 2004, 02:12 PM

comics00 - i got a set of the 020s at $320 at Loois. i could be mistaken but heard someone got it $30 cheaper somewhere else.

casio - that 2 piece of plastic that measures approx 1" by 2" ? paste sticker to cover lah. i'm usually the first to leave and it's abt 10+pm

Oooiii... this type of good lobang cannot just "heard" lah. if u r kind enough to do this good deed, pls try to find out where is the place. safe $$$:lovestruck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by casio@Apr 28 2004, 04:05 PM

last checked with HL, one piece cost 5.50 to replace the fork protector. but currently no stock. anyway, what's done cannot be undone. dont worry abt it. had to get used to it.

solo, if you were the first to leave at 10 plus.. then the rest must be around cinderella time?

i heard that the original tyres that came with the stock (mez 4) is not very good. better to have bt020. is this true? in wat way the bt020 is better than the mez4?

we dont stay out too late lah ~11pm latest 'cos all got to work the next day:sweat:

after ~2mths on the BT020 feels that it is noisy (rather loud) as compare to the met z4 but the road holding feels better, gives me more confident.

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by comics00@Apr 28 2004, 06:36 PM

we dont stay out too late lah ~11pm latest 'cos all got to work the next day:sweat:

after ~2mths on the BT020 feels that it is noisy (rather loud) as compare to the met z4 but the road holding feels better, gives me more confident.

hey..

sky doesn't look too good. if rain, still on or not? must look at the map and see where is mempurong rd

:sweat:

casio - mez4 feels like complete rubbish to me. 020s are much better. like comics00 said, 020s are confidence inspiring and have better grip. it leans quicker too. the bad point is noise. brake and it goes screeeech. a tap on the rear brake is all it takes to frighten some pedestrians ;)

comics00 - can't remember who told me. will ask around and let you know if i have that lobang again.

Originally posted by solo@Apr 28 2004, 07:44 PM

casio - mez4 feels like complete rubbish to me. 020s are much better. like comics00 said, 020s are confidence inspiring and have better grip. it leans quicker too. the bad point is noise. brake and it goes screeeech. a tap on the rear brake is all it takes to frighten some pedestrians ;)

comics00 - can't remember who told me. will ask around and let you know if i have that lobang again.

looks like bt020 is really a better buy since so many of you actually changed it. will consider it once my mez4 is about to "go".

i hope no one turned up last night.. couldn't contact any of you. but even if i wanted to go, the rain was too heavy. let's set a new date, time & venue.

any recommended engine oil to use for our tdm?

Originally posted by casio@Apr 29 2004, 09:03 AM

looks like bt020 is really a better buy since so many of you actually changed it. will consider it once my mez4 is about to "go".

i hope no one turned up last night.. couldn't contact any of you. but even if i wanted to go, the rain was too heavy. let's set a new date, time & venue.

any recommended engine oil to use for our tdm?

:cry: i was only ~10min away when joe called n we decided to call it off. me all wet n lonely:cry:

the last 1 i tried castrol and change after 10k the oil was still ok. used esso b4 n after 10k it became like water:giddy: so tried castrol. any1 with better sugestion?

Originally posted by comics00@Apr 29 2004, 12:15 PM

:cry: i was only ~10min away when joe called n we decided to call it off. me all wet n lonely:cry:

the last 1 i tried castrol and change after 10k the oil was still ok. used esso b4 n after 10k it became like water:giddy: so tried castrol. any1 with better sugestion?

poor thing. next time better sms each other first. else jia lat.. you going to melaka this sat? have a good ride.. won't be able to join. need to be in spore.

castrol good? no good? how abt shell? i'm sure when you guys do the servicing, you send the bike to a shop right? Dili?

still have that irritating "tik" sound when i turn my handle bar from left to right to left. wonder what's wrong.

solo what's your name? i can't recognise you from the tdm group database

Originally posted by solo@Apr 29 2004, 04:05 PM

casio - lookout for the lump of lard on the extreme right of the group pic ;-)

ec

wah.. so macho looking ar? :cheeky:

lump of lard... muahahaha :clap: :clap: :clap:

that's a good one...

yo solo,

manage to get the pcb to fit the pilot light liao. if go by number of holes, is 22x9.

Although have to cut a slot (size not sure yet, half way thru, heavy rain, no shelter) in the top center. With the slot, will fit nicely into the pilot light holder. Dun forsee any movement of the pcb after installation :smile:

Boyz don't grow up, the toys just get bigger

Originally posted by apogez@Apr 27 2004, 05:30 PM

Yo solo,

actually the +150mm screen is ok for high speed (>170km/h), provided i have to tilt my head down a bit. Will feel tired in the long distance.

Thus was wishing that the screen could just extend abit longer.

For deflecting of bugs, believe that when you sit normally, the top of the screen should just reach your chin or eyes... made it your nose then. This way the air would get deflected up and over your helmet.

Mine just reach around my chin.

As you know that our screen is secure by 6 screws, all on the lion head, therefore a taller screen may experienced unwanted stress in high speed. How true is this i not so sure... but in the law of mechanics/materials/etc/etc.... :cheeky:

yesterday clean my bike n counted 7 screws on the shiled, Y u said 6 screws:confused:

Btw if u guys ordering from "eagle" think u must specify its the model, TDM 850 or 900 'cos both diff 'lion head'.

Originally posted by casio@Apr 23 2004, 07:08 PM

hello brothers and sisters!!!

just got my tdm today! yahoo!!!!!!!!

anyone here name Pam? met her today. riding a tdm too. fw plate.

casio

:lovestruck:

Yo...casio...

I saw your photo posted at divv... really look cool with the TM, I guess e photo was taken outside S'pore right ??? By the way just to let u know that there will be a divv gathering on 8 may. Maybe u like to join in e fun too??? TM friends are all welcome too. Catchup with u guys.....

You become successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal.

Originally posted by Oxygen@Apr 30 2004, 04:07 PM

Yo...casio...

I saw your photo posted at divv... really look cool with the TM, I guess e photo was taken outside S'pore right ??? By the way just to let u know that there will be a divv gathering on 8 may. Maybe u like to join in e fun too??? TM friends are all welcome too. Catchup with u guys.....

thank u for compliments.. pai seh la actually to have the photo upload there. someone else did it. :sweat:

i'll try to be there. no harm making more friends. EPL season is coming to an end, so i should have more time.

cheers

casio

Originally posted by casio@Apr 30 2004, 04:39 PM

thank u for compliments.. pai seh la actually to have the photo upload there. someone else did it. :sweat:

i'll try to be there. no harm making more friends. EPL season is coming to an end, so i should have more time.

cheers

casio

Okay...see you then...

You become successful the moment you start moving toward a worthwhile goal.

Originally posted by casio@Apr 30 2004, 04:39 PM

cheers

casio

so how much u bought ur bike? how much is the insurance ?

Saw 2 silver TDM900 yesterday at woodland checkpoint. FV and FW plate. Waring fullface. Anyone here in this forum? Nice bikes..

Melvin

Yamaha WR200

Honda Phantom TA200

Honda Superfour CB400

Honda Shadow 400

Suzuki V-Strom DL650

Originally posted by melvinho@May 2 2004, 11:16 AM

Saw 2 silver TDM900 yesterday at woodland checkpoint. FV and FW plate. Waring fullface. Anyone here in this forum? Nice bikes..

Melvin

Must be apogez and comics00 hahaha. Did you spot a golden/black TDM850 as well? Thats marcopolo.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821