SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR vs RVF...

speederz

which will u choose??CBR or RVF ??  

717 members have voted

1. 1. which will u choose??CBR or RVF ??

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is my reason for choosing cbr over rvf, just my personal preference and my reason for choosing cbr. Dont :gun: me. :help:

I am a person who go for looks, not really performance, so I choose cbr since I dont even utilise the power of rvf if I were to get one, fast also no use to me.

I like the tank of cbr more. I personally dont like the rvf tank, the front near the 2 black thing is straight one and flat. Not very nice I feel compared to rounder cbr400 tank. Also the tail of rvf is much fatter and squarer than cbr if u look from behind. Tail light I also prefer cbr one, rvf is 2 square light like gsx, not very sporty. My personal preference only, some other might like the square tank, tail, and light. But one thing I like on rvf is the sai tao, its nicer than cbr bcos got a yellow rvf sticker. Mine dont have.

Plus theft rate for rvf is more than cbr, so rather get a cbr bcos i am paying cash for my bike, scare if lost, then no $ liao. Plus my fren just lost his rvf, so I scare I end up like him.

Also I heard rvf spare parts and maintenance is more ex than cbr, so I decided to save more $ for class2.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

Guest Joe_White
Originally posted by florence`@Apr 19 2004, 06:49 PM

:thumb:

buy RVF lah~

babe magnet

can run, can corner, can accerate, can attract girls.

all for a package of 8-10k.

why settle for less???

Originally posted by Joe_White@Apr 19 2004, 07:20 PM

buy RVF lah~

babe magnet

why settle for less???

*LOL*...

babe magnet~~~

Just the thought of being with you tomorrow, is enough to get me through today.

buy RVF lah~

babe magnet

why settle for less???

:lol: :lol:

"Babe magnet" is a very funny word to use on a RVF. I would use that word on a Porsche or a Lamborghini.

Anyway personally I choose CBR over RVF simply because of cost. Cheaper machine, cheaper maintenance, easier tuning. Plus the performance isn't bad at all. I might even consider GSXR if I can find one in relatively good condition.

I think a nice class 2 bike will be a bigger babe magnet. If you really like V-4 engine, can go for VFR800Vtec. There are also plenty of V-twin bikes to choose from, from affordable TL1000R to exotic 999R.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

I'll pick the inline 4 over the v4 too, also due to maintence cost.

both of them looks almost the same to me...

performace wise.. i have no idea.... dun think there will be too much of a diff.. how fast u wanna go on SG rds anyway?..

Saw a RVF750 at boon siew a few weeks back... beats VFR800 in terms of looks to me... hehe.. much sportier..... wonder how much does 1 cost..

Originally posted by Bean1111@Apr 19 2004, 11:21 PM

I'll pick the inline 4 over the v4 too, also due to maintence cost.

both of them looks almost the same to me...

performace wise.. i have no idea.... dun think there will be too much of a diff.. how fast u wanna go on SG rds anyway?..

Saw a RVF750 at boon siew a few weeks back... beats VFR800 in terms of looks to me... hehe.. much sportier..... wonder how much does 1 cost..

What do you all mean by RVF maintanence more than CBR? I thought both Honda 4 stroke ~400c, 4 cylinders, main difference is only engine configurations? :confused:

Be happy always :-)

Ride alert at all times :angel:

1st bike - Yamaha RXZ - 135cc

2nd bike - Honda FireBlade series - 400cc

3rd bike - Yamaha RXZ- 135cc

4th bike - Suzuki GSXR K-series - 600cc

5th bike - Kawasaki KRR - 150cc

6th bike - Honda CBX Twister - 250cc

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

buy RVF lah~

babe magnet

why settle for less???

Why rvf is babe magnet?

Why other bike not babe magnet?

I think SP got more babes as pillion compared to rvf.

:btw: babes dont even know how many cc is rvf, why would they choose rvf? They will simply choose the nicest bike or bike with nicest guy. Most slightly gers would choose R1 or newer bikes which looks sharper and more fierce.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

Originally posted by The_Sheriff@Apr 19 2004, 11:25 PM

What do you all mean by RVF maintanence more than CBR? I thought both Honda 4 stroke ~400c, 4 cylinders, main difference is only engine configurations? :confused:

v4 engines are more compact, complex and more difficult to manufacture. which explains the difference in cost. Due to the complexity for the engine, it is also more difficult to service if anything happen to the engine... but if nothing happens to the engine then the usual maintence will be the same..

If i not wrong RVF parts are more expensive.... correct me if i'm wrong.

Originally posted by xiaogary@Apr 19 2004, 06:45 PM

But one thing I like on rvf is the sai tao, its nicer than cbr bcos got a yellow rvf sticker. Mine dont have.

u beri funny, u like rvf sai tao cos the yellow sticker "RVF"?? can just make 1 n stick to ur cbr ma.... lidat, when u see resprayed rvf, u dun like the sai tao liao?

I LOVE my R1!!!:shades:

Originally posted by Bean1111@Apr 19 2004, 11:36 PM

v4 engines are more compact, complex and more difficult to manufacture. which explains the difference in cost. Due to the complexity for the engine, it is also more difficult to service if anything happen to the engine... but if nothing happens to the engine then the usual maintence will be the same..

If i not wrong RVF parts are more expensive.... correct me if i'm wrong.

somemore RVF fliter everytime muz change 1...

everytime servicing cost ard 200 man.....

Positive thinking is...

A little bird in e sky...

U look up & it shits in yr eye...

U dun mind, U dun cry...

U juz thank GOD tat cows dun fly....

Originally posted by terence84@Apr 20 2004, 02:01 PM

huh???

u know me???

You riding a white and red CBR? FL plate? Last Sat at Kallang KFC den go to Airport? I was the guy fishtail at the junction with alot of stones one? :lol:

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009/07/09/bikepics-1722149-full.jpg

If It Ain't Scary, It Ain't Fast Enough

Originally posted by Lion@Apr 20 2004, 02:05 PM

You riding a white and red CBR? FL plate? Last Sat at Kallang KFC den go to Airport? I was the guy fishtail at the junction with alot of stones one? :lol:

oh i see..... :sweat:

Positive thinking is...

A little bird in e sky...

U look up & it shits in yr eye...

U dun mind, U dun cry...

U juz thank GOD tat cows dun fly....

Guest Joe_White
Originally posted by rhema83@Apr 19 2004, 09:25 PM

:lol: :lol:

"Babe magnet" is a very funny word to use on a RVF. I would use that word on a Porsche or a Lamborghini.

Anyway personally I choose CBR over RVF simply because of cost. Cheaper machine, cheaper maintenance, easier tuning. Plus the performance isn't bad at all. I might even consider GSXR if I can find one in relatively good condition.

I think a nice class 2 bike will be a bigger babe magnet. If you really like V-4 engine, can go for VFR800Vtec. There are also plenty of V-twin bikes to choose from, from affordable TL1000R to exotic 999R.

you'll be surprised at the responds given by some ignorants

replies like, "I'm not taking your bike if its not a RVF" "My bf's RVF is the fastest bike in SG, He got modify wan~~~".

in SG who really cares abt performance and specs?? As long as the bike fit our image. We buy. Any bikes labelled as COOL by gals. We buy. *note the number of SP, R1 and rvf on the road*

any bikes with under seat exhaust is the lastest trend now. :cheeky: :cheeky: