SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bike having trouble in Malaysia?

fattsum

Hi brothers and sisters fellow riders... too frequent if we having some problem with our bike we not sure who to call or wat to do... I spoke this from my own experience.

A fren of mine from Malaysia is providing towing service from and to anywhre in Malaysia (and i think he doesnt mind tow into Sg too if needed).... he based in KL anyway.... incase your bike brake down or need help to tow the bike for any reason you can call him at +6 016 6816008. His name is Alex.

Happy riding guys. :smile:

:p

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fattsum@Dec 10 2006, 05:15 PM

Hi brothers and sisters fellow riders... too frequent if we having some problem with our bike we not sure who to call or wat to do... I spoke this from my own experience.

A fren of mine from Malaysia is providing towing service from and to anywhre in Malaysia (and i think he doesnt mind tow into Sg too if needed).... he based in KL anyway.... incase your bike brake down or need help to tow the bike for any reason you can call him at +6 016 6816008. His name is Alex.

Happy riding guys. :smile:

That's a useful contact.

How about some indicative towing charges ?

:bounce:

Originally posted by Demon@Dec 12 2006, 07:07 AM

That's a useful contact.

How about some indicative towing charges ?

:bounce:

i was qouted from a towing guy from KEDAH back to jb border(Customs) to sg at a price of RM 800....thats the best i can get.hope this helps u roughly on how much it will cost ur pocket....:giddy:

Prices quote is not from the abovementioned but this is on my own personal experience on towing services from M'sia

My dream bikes...:thumb:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/new_surfer/At-Fjr-Concours.jpg

Guys, if ur bike breakdown within johor u can call wee at 07-2343419,

formely was looi's mechanic,now open his own workshop at bukit indah,jb.he provide

towing service also,those looi's regular customer might know this guy..

another alternate way to tow ur bike from north side is by train.my friend did it before,

not sure about the price but definitely very cheap..

by train is definitely cheaper.. jus tat u also gotta tow it to train station, wait for the train may be overnite if u missed it... take longer time to reach here and another tow service needed... u might save a 2 or 3 hundred RM... but then wait longer...

for the price depends on where to where lah.. i think better call him personally so u can bargain also.. :smile:

:p

Originally posted by fattsum@Dec 19 2006, 12:25 AM

by train is definitely cheaper.. jus tat u also gotta tow it to train station, wait for the train may be overnite if u missed it... take longer time to reach here and another tow service needed... u might save a 2 or 3 hundred RM... but then wait longer...

for the price depends on where to where lah.. i think better call him personally so u can bargain also.. :smile:

wat u mean is bring the bike back by train?

In the beginning,

God created the heavens and the earth, and he rested.

He created Adam, and he rested.

Than he created Eve.......................

ever since....... they were both not be able to rest.........even in peace.

Originally posted by acid@Dec 26 2006, 11:39 AM

From my experience, Malaysia NSH patrol does not provide towing service for bikes.

But they can help to jumpstart the bike if needed.

I'm not sure, cos that time I ask the Plus officer and he say have.. But my malay lang cannot make it and he doesn't speak english so maybe what he was trying to tell me is that they would be able to arrage for tow service if my bike breaks down.. Anyone can comfirm? Maybe once we gather enough info can ask mod to put in Sticky theard

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

They will offer to tow to their workshop

But everything can be settled with some 'kopi-money'.

Once I got a flat tire and they load my bike up on their pickup.

They don't have anything to secure the bike,

so I got to hold on to my bike while being transported to Gelang Patah Esso.

That's the furthest they will go.

From there, just need to find ways to get back to S'pore side.

(Pushing, bike-towing, reinforcement from bikers kakis, whatever method...)

Once back, towing shouldn't be a prob.

Total towing fee: kopi$=RM10 and Local towing=$20

Wouldn't recommend this method, unless you are really hard-up on cash.

I did it my way