SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Technical Talk for GK76A GSX-R 400

FieryGiX

ummm.....did u pump immediately after riding? 200 n 220 is for tyres when cold.... for warmed up tyres u need to pump a higher pressure for it to be the same as when it is cold

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Arcfire@Jul 2 2004, 01:08 AM

ummm.....did u pump immediately after riding? 200 n 220 is for tyres when cold.... for warmed up tyres u need to pump a higher pressure for it to be the same as when it is cold

a 2 min ride to the petrol kiosk consider warmed up? 220 for 150 tires n 160 tires ? Same? :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by HAWK@Jul 2 2004, 11:22 AM

a 2 min ride to the petrol kiosk consider warmed up? 220 for 150 tires n 160 tires ? Same? :confused: :confused:

Ummm...hard to say...riding habits make alot of diff even if its juz for 2 mins.... cant comment on that....you can try by touching the tyre to determine if its warmed up or not.

From wad i reckon, 160 is the original stock size so 220 should be the correct amount. If you feel that its a tad too soft you can up the pressure to about 230 or 235.

Originally posted by Arcfire@Jul 2 2004, 12:37 PM

Ummm...hard to say...riding habits make alot of diff even if its juz for 2 mins.... cant comment on that....you can try by touching the tyre to determine if its warmed up or not.

From wad i reckon, 160 is the original stock size so 220 should be the correct amount. If you feel that its a tad too soft you can up the pressure to about 230 or 235.

ic... will try.. thxs. ur bike design is pramac rite?

Originally posted by Arcfire@Jul 2 2004, 12:37 PM

wun 220 at the rear induce higher wear of the tyres?

Originally posted by joekia@Jul 4 2004, 05:05 AM

wun 220 at the rear induce higher wear of the tyres?

it will :D normally 400s pump around 240-250.

i would pump 220 rear for a 140tyre size sports 125cc with less weight and less torque then a 400cc. but of cos, this is debatable & up to preferences.

hey we'r registered on SBF the same date :D

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg

Originally posted by tealeaf@Jul 4 2004, 03:23 PM

i would pump 220 rear for a 140tyre size sports 125cc with less weight and less torque then a 400cc. but of cos, this is debatable & up to preferences.

Hi Tealeaf, What tyre pressure did u pump in when going down to track. Both for 150 rear and 160 rear. Mine normal road usage is 250-260.

Originally posted by HAWK@Jul 3 2004, 12:07 AM

ic... will try.. thxs. ur bike design is pramac rite?

ritey....

Wad i feel is if you tink you feel more comfortable wif the handling of the bike using a certain pressure den you can stick wif it. Else try another tyre pressure until you find one that you feel gd wif. Everybody's comfortable wif a different set of tyre pressures. What goes into the feel of your bike consist of many more things other than juz tyre pressure, these include suspension setup, rider weight, riding style. So go with what you feel suits you best. Hope you'll find it.

Juz abit of info, what i saw on the sticker stuck on the chainguard, it says about 225 for rear. check it out if your sticker is still there....

Of course, there is also a matter of wear so if you wanna save on the rubber n do less cornering then you can up the pressure by a slight bit.....not too much thou...

Originally posted by Arcfire@Jul 4 2004, 11:02 PM

ritey....

Wad i feel is if you tink you feel more comfortable wif the handling of the bike using a certain pressure den you can stick wif it. Else try another tyre pressure until you find one that you feel gd wif. Everybody's comfortable wif a different set of tyre pressures. What goes into the feel of your bike consist of many more things other than juz tyre pressure, these include suspension setup, rider weight, riding style. So go with what you feel suits you best. Hope you'll find it.

Juz abit of info, what i saw on the sticker stuck on the chainguard, it says about 225 for rear. check it out if your sticker is still there....

Of course, there is also a matter of wear so if you wanna save on the rubber n do less cornering then you can up the pressure by a slight bit.....not too much thou...

so that day was u... ya.. now pumping 230 - 235 for my rear, got the feeling back

nope.....there is no k&n specially for gsx but can use katana 750 one.

it fits nicely ? performance will b affected ? how bout yoshimura exhaust systems ? there seems to b limited accessories for GSX 400.. as for the air filter i might go n get a new 1

Success is not something you pursue. Its like chasing a butterfly, you cant quite catch it. Success is something you attract by the person you become.

Jim Rohn

Originally posted by aH^BeEz@Jul 6 2004, 03:02 AM

it fits nicely ? performance will b affected ? how bout yoshimura exhaust systems ? there seems to b limited accessories for GSX 400.. as for the air filter i might go n get a new 1

why do u need an aftermarket exhaust??

Originally posted by tealeaf@Jul 4 2004, 03:23 PM

lol i din notice it till u said it..

bout the air filter... dun expect to see results outta it... coz it's not those kinda plug and play performance upgrade... there's other things that needs to be done b4 more power is released...

Originally posted by Ae86@Jul 4 2004, 07:14 PM

Hi Tealeaf, What tyre pressure did u pump in when going down to track. Both for 150 rear and 160 rear. Mine normal road usage is 250-260.

i was adviced to keep track pressures for a 400 to be in the range around 28-30 for both front and rear, regardless 150 or 160 tyre size. i stuck to 30/30 psi. dunt know whats that in kpa.

my maths cannot convert to kpa without the help of the guide at the petrol station :D

Originally posted by tealeaf@Jul 6 2004, 06:39 PM

i was adviced to keep track pressures for a 400 to be in the range around 28-30 for both front and rear, regardless 150 or 160 tyre size. i stuck to 30/30 psi. dunt know whats that in kpa.

my maths cannot convert to kpa without the help of the guide at the petrol station :D

Okie. Will bear that in mind if I get to go down agaain.. I think I pump 32 front 36 rear the other time round.. What will be the effect of that pressure on the tyres?

Anything to note when getting a gsxr?

How to differentiate the bike by model physically? Is number plate the only way...?

maybe getting one...

http://picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10715/obliquityresize.jpg

IBA member #25267

Originally posted by roger@Jul 7 2004, 12:18 AM

Anything to note when getting a gsxr?

How to differentiate the bike by model physically? Is number plate the only way...?

maybe getting one...

If you go back a few pages. There should be a guide on how to differentiate models betwen the bike. 1st few pages are namingly more to techical stuff which is standard. Otherwise more of technical discussion from fellow riders.

Originally posted by Ae86@Jul 6 2004, 10:51 PM

Okie. Will bear that in mind if I get to go down agaain.. I think I pump 32 front 36 rear the other time round.. What will be the effect of that pressure on the tyres?

depends on how agressive u ride;work the tyre. u pump high, after some abuse, its gonna be much higher, then the pressure might be out of the range for optimal grip. i have never pumped anything higher then 30 when im there so i wouldnt know for sure whats going to be the exact effects. but one thing im certain is not to use Z rated tyres for 400cc cos i slide around on it when im there. u wont feel as planted.

hi, need help on a following stuffs,

1) My bike gets over heat easily, noe of a good shop to flush the radiator?

2) On sat, my bike temp indicator was at half the guage, can hear the coolant boiling when i turn off engine. is it a good sign?

3) At the area ard sidestand, can see the steam coming out.. is there an opening for the steam to be released located at that area?

4) Juz now, on the way back, when I closed my throttle or stop at traffic lights, the idling was at 2K+, usually, b4 starting, was 1k, even when close throttle also 1k.. wat causes the sudden increase in the rev..?

pls provide me wif ur valuable opinions

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by HAWK@Jul 9 2004, 06:27 PM

hi, need help on a following stuffs,

1) My bike gets over heat easily, noe of a good shop to flush the radiator?

2) On sat, my bike temp indicator was at half the guage, can hear the coolant boiling when i turn off engine. is it a good sign?

3) At the area ard sidestand, can see the steam coming out.. is there an opening for the steam to be released located at that area?

4) Juz now, on the way back, when I closed my throttle or stop at traffic lights, the idling was at 2K+, usually, b4 starting, was 1k, even when close throttle also 1k.. wat causes the sudden increase in the rev..?

pls provide me wif ur valuable opinions

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

1.Radiator flush can by DIY. all U need is to remove the fuel tank. and a good size 10 Wrench.

2.Ur bike shows sign of overheating. Maybe due to insufficient coolant. Check the reservoir under ur pillion seat. Is it's too low. Top it up with tap water first if u gona flush it later.

3. I foresee a leak in ur coolant pipe running along the left side of ur engine. May need to check on it.

4. 1stly, ur throttle cable may be stuck. 2nd. Something may be wrong with ur carb setting.

BTW. I am the guy that was interested in the computer stuff u selling..

:cheeky: So coincident

Originally posted by Ae86@Jul 10 2004, 02:39 AM

1.Radiator flush can by DIY. all U need is to remove the fuel tank. and a good size 10 Wrench.

2.Ur bike shows sign of overheating. Maybe due to insufficient coolant. Check the reservoir under ur pillion seat. Is it's too low. Top it up with tap water first if u gona flush it later.

3. I foresee a leak in ur coolant pipe running along the left side of ur engine. May need to check on it.

4. 1stly, ur throttle cable may be stuck. 2nd. Something may be wrong with ur carb setting.

BTW. I am the guy that was interested in the computer stuff u selling..

:cheeky: So coincident

haha, ya, such a small world..

how to check that the coolant pipe is leaking. any good shop or diy techiques?

throttle cable stuck? it was okay a few days ago.. but went start up, it is ok