SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Technical Talk for GK76A GSX-R 400

FieryGiX

ehh normally u guys use small sprocker or big size 46 for ur rear ?? Da stock size is 44 rite? I had seen others bike like rvf or cbr some using very small sprocker .N more of super4 using big sprocker.. so wads da recommended size to use ? Last time i riding kips, when i using da bigger sprocker.. da pick up is ard da same , after changing to smallest sprocker.. i find da pickup still da same as da big sprocker le.. onli at da later part dragging i can feel its faster.

"When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by speedtriple@Nov 28 2004, 04:16 PM

can the GSX's shocks be upgraded? have not heard anything on this so far. if yes, can it only use GSX specific shocks or some that are used for other bikes?

Can...but the only aftermarket shocks i've heard available for gsxr400 is from hagon...dunno spelled correctly anot. Tink there's one or 2 more brands but not too sure...ya can check with il4.....he knows alot more abt it....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Originally posted by Arcfire@Nov 28 2004, 10:08 PM

Can...but the only aftermarket shocks i've heard available for gsxr400 is from hagon...dunno spelled correctly anot. Tink there's one or 2 more brands but not too sure...ya can check with il4.....he knows alot more abt it....

hey thanks. on average how much does it cost and where can get them?

how's your bike? still going to GH for servicing?

Hi

Some quest to ask here?

1) You guys talk about the wiring on the bike 'frying' up.

How much would it cost to replace the whole wiring of the bike...

and is such a thing possible? $$?

2) Let say if i do buy a bike, and i hv some extra cash to spare

and i am willing to spend it to change these parts of the bikes

to prevent future probs. Read you guys mentioned alot of things like

rectifier giving prob , changing the battery, etc...

How much would you say is needed, estimate, and are the parts available

and is there a reliable shop and mechanic around that can do a GREAT job ?

Does not have to be cheap but around market price lah and

the servicing must be good.

3) With this i'm hoping to plan my budget around it. With an initial change

of some problematic parts...i can then concentrate on a good ride and

then just do the basic necessary servicing to keep the bike working well

and maintained properly.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :thumb:

ps. don't forget to go see my movie ;)

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by ez_s_abc@Nov 30 2004, 12:56 AM

Hi

Some quest to ask here?

1) You guys talk about the wiring on the bike 'frying' up.

How much would it cost to replace the whole wiring of the bike...

and is such a thing possible? $$?

2) Let say if i do buy a bike, and i hv some extra cash to spare

and i am willing to spend it to change these parts of the bikes

to prevent future probs. Read you guys mentioned alot of things like

rectifier giving prob , changing the battery, etc...

How much would you say is needed, estimate, and are the parts available

and is there a reliable shop and mechanic around that can do a GREAT job ?

Does not have to be cheap but around market price lah and

the servicing must be good.

3) With this i'm hoping to plan my budget around it. With an initial change

of some problematic parts...i can then concentrate on a good ride and

then just do the basic necessary servicing to keep the bike working well

and maintained properly.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :thumb:

Re-Wiring the bike will cost abt $300 with a new $250 wiring harness.

Once taken over the bike. Commonly place to look out for is the insulation around the rectifier wiring.. and the wires under the fuse box.

Best to placed "Old electric Sockets" with "wire Lugs" + Good quality black tape.

Haha...sure took long for a reply.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Ae86 or anyothers :

Noe wads da problem wif this ? okie i set da idling at 1k/rpm. when i rev to 3k onwards n close throttle.. da arrow point to 0k/rpm n da sound like very very light.. almost engine dead tat kind of sound. Do u noe wads tat problem? ever occur tat? Issit bcoz of bad tuning ?N after rev my bike at high rpm..dragging style.. after i close my throttle da engine just die off..when release my clutch then it became alive again n engine braking.( more like a push start hor just release clutch )

"When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thinking of DIYing changing the L/H engine cover aka clutch cover. I am riding a gsxr400. For wat I know is with side stand down, I was wondering whether draining of engine oil is necessary or not. After removing the cover, the used gasket will be removed and there might be some gasket which need to be scrapped off on the surface. What other precedures do I need before placing the new gasket and the cover back?

Hope some DIY gurus can assist me..thks

• 4 months later...

I am currently putting together two GK 76As after having a '95 RS stolen almost an year ago.

Currenly having problems with reconfiguring the spliced wires since I am not an electrical genius.

I will be redoing the carbs, seals, and gaskets for the next few days, but I am dreading the electrical work....

Would like to thank you in advance for your advice

• 1 year later...

Are the g4 gurus still around?Kinda gotta problem here with my g4. My bike could not start and the voltmeter read 11.4v. However the bike can start when it is cold however the voltage is very low can go as low to 10v! Went to the mechanic and was told the no battery already. So I changed the battery after which the mechanic say rectifier got problem as the bike is not recharging the battery. So I changed the rectifier myself as it is just a so-called "plug and play". But the problem still persist my bike is not recharging itself. Anyone can help?

hello friends, I also have problems with my bike on the load and sa alternator and everything is fine medi yellow cables are fine and the regulator also do not understand How the battery is discharged after a few km battery is new if someone I can hear mdar any help that these bikes suffer from this problem of battery :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have a GSX400RP. Like most other bikes, the suspensions are on the path to destruction. :|

Rebuilt the front suspension. And replaced the Rear suspension with a rebuild-able CBR400RR fireblade rear suspension. Now the bike is jacked unintentionally.

Old bikes tend to have degraded wiring, along with worn out parts due to age. Bloated radiator hoses, rusty contact points, leaky seals etc etc.

Battery discharging that quickly is rather odd.

I am inclined to believe that there are some crossed wire issues. Dont take my word for it, though. Send it to a competant mechanic.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bro u got pm

Well, I got the engine from an imported storehouse in Bangkok, Thailand (2nd handed 14K mileage)

But it took me about 4 months finding a GK76A engine and hundreds of calls... most of the stores here offered me a GSF400 Bandit engine and said it has the same design except transmission ratio.

Finally I got the last imported engine from a storehouse in the suburban area of bangkok. ( After I contacted all the storehouses available in Bangkok)

The price was around 800 US$ including main harness (CDI excluded) and carburetor.

cheers,

DSC04273.jpg

• 4 months later...

heya im planning to do up my gsxr and was wondering wat are some good air fliters that can be used for this bike ? is it possible to fit the bike with a decent header/endcan from yoshimura or micron ?

btw my model is 91 rl gsxr

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2A-GSXR400(SCRAPPED),ZXR400(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY

http://www.1000ps.at/magazin/yamaha/yamaha_r1_8gross.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...