SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Varadero 125

Varadero_1984

Originally posted by visual@May 2 2004, 09:09 PM

its not a spray, but just a liquid solution, with white in color, u take a paint brush and paint it over your rusty parts,

but its recommended to remove the rust scales with a brush first, then just paint over it, then wait 20 min then 2nd coat, then enough lah.. thats what the instruction says

if your living in the east , quite near to park way right? then just can go to the shop to get (if your exhaust is begining to rust lah)

ok thanks bro, noted. Then I will try it also lah... tonite no outing for you guys huh??

Welcome to the world of acidsburn

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1352/5363911/10807466/155946595.jpg

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by visual@May 2 2004, 06:37 PM

[results of the rust remover]

i got it form a DIY shop called 'Self Fix' at parkway parade, but im sure other shops they sell it too.

today i just applied it to the over the rusted pipe, (its quite very difficult to apply cos some part are so unreachable)

There is the pipe that connects to the engine block (that has a black protector, *i can't seem to open that one.. so cant apply it to that part*

Anyways , after applying , wait 20 min then apply 2nd coat, then u can see the entire rusty pipe has become all black.

Quite easy to apply,

Just that do not breathe in or touch the solution, as it can cause cancer, so im quite afraid to get in contact with it..

price i can see its $8.90

so far it works lah, ive even applied it to some rusty screw, seem to do a good job.

For the application of the solution, it will be best if ur can find a bendable brush. The first time I tried also very difficult to reach. Due to the bending of the exhaust and the guard and the frame of the bike.

Do not attempt to take out the exhaust pipe as it will extremely difficult to take out and put back.

For the guards, u can use a size 8 spanner to remove it but I'll recommend to attempt to unscrew after the pipe had cool down due to expansion of metal.

Dun spoil the thread of the screw. I already have one damaged screw thread.

Do not contact with the solution as the stain is also difficult to remove.

Caution: Wash immediately after contact.

If this rust remover is good, can forget about the one in Senoko. That one had not been tested yet.

X1-R 2010 model

Star Brake Lines

K&N Air Filter

EzzyOiler

Fuel Consumption Excel File (Update columns in blue), download @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38849257/Fuel%20Consumption-20120222-154031.xls

Originally posted by Muhd Haeikal@May 2 2004, 09:26 PM

Hi guys, I saw this in ebay.... nicely done, and is quite an idea for us vara riders.

nice!!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=7350&dateline=1180509307&type=profile

Catch the buggaarr....!!

Originally posted by LTC@May 2 2004, 11:02 PM

For the application of the solution, it will be best if ur can find a bendable brush. The first time I tried also very difficult to reach. Due to the bending of the exhaust and the guard and the frame of the bike.

Do not attempt to take out the exhaust pipe as it will extremely difficult to take out and put back.

For the guards, u can use a size 8 spanner to remove it but I'll recommend to attempt to unscrew after the pipe had cool down due to expansion of metal.

Dun spoil the thread of the screw. I already have one damaged screw thread.

Do not contact with the solution as the stain is also difficult to remove.

Caution: Wash immediately after contact.

If this rust remover is good, can forget about the one in Senoko. That one had not been tested yet.

ok noted. will comply with:bouncefire:

Guest simone

hey thanks visual, went to bs honda ask them a quote for the sproket n chain.. its came up to 491

and air filter 188

anyway how was the service at hkl was it good? n were they careful with ur bike??

6ofitall where did u get ur air filter replaced?

Originally posted by visual@May 2 2004, 06:38 PM

[vara98] your in luck man, melvinho is a experienced helpdesk engineer, specilised in MS product..

me, totally lost touch wirth all this already..

my system down den cant login to SBF for 2days..

now in sch den can track wat u guys do..

[visual]

who is melvinho?

Think before you speed, cameras are all over the place now

Originally posted by Varadero_1984@May 3 2004, 09:17 AM

my system down den cant login to SBF for 2days..

now in sch den can track wat u guys do..

[visual]

who is melvinho?

sorry melvinho,

i saw visual's post b4 urs..so dunno who r u..

thanks for the sites..

i gotta go try now..

Originally posted by visual@May 2 2004, 06:32 PM

About: Sprokets and Chain Replacement.

Cost me $188! but i didint get the original honda parts sprokets, apprantly there is a cheaper one, chain i got was a DID.

the Shop , see image of their name card

there's been alot of comments on this shop under 'Why Pay More' section..

but if the price if right den i think mayb can go change..

almost 2yrs already my bike..izzit time to change?

Event: Pump and Makan 2

Venue: either 1st or 2nd link

Date: TBA

Time: after 8pm

1) Niti (If its sat and sun :p)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=7350&dateline=1180509307&type=profile

Catch the buggaarr....!!

Event: Pump and Makan 2

Venue: either 1st or 2nd link

Date: TBA

Time: after 8pm

1) Niti (If its sat and sun :p)

2) Varadero_1984(Sunday morning,cos Sat sure jam like crazy)

Originally posted by simone@May 3 2004, 02:15 AM

6ofitall where did u get ur air filter replaced?

So far I only changed my air filter at mah...can't remember how much though..i only remember oil filter is 12 bucks at mah...motorworld 10 bucks.

2002-2003 -Yamaha RXZ 135

2003-2004 -Honda Varadero 125

2004-2007 -Honda Transalp XLV400

2007-2011 -Mitsubishi Lancer EX

2008-2009 -Honda Falcon 400

2009-2012... -Honda Transalp XLV400

2011-2012 - Honda Civic 1.8A

"You were not made to dig in dirt with chickens.... But to soar the clouds with the wings of an eagle...."

Guest simone

at bs honda its 10.50 and 10% discount if its a bs bike. anyway... i think servicing at bs honda is cheaper..

2X $10 fully syn shell adv $20

oil filter $10.50

anyway the air filter is super expensive $188!!!!

6ofitall u change ur AIRfilter how much ah at MAH?

anyway anybody here using platinum spark plug i heard it last longer.

Guest simone

i went to Eunos superbike i changed the following:

sproket n

o-ring chain

booster

the sprocket n chain comes in one set it cost me $110

the booster as usual $80

i dont really know the brand of sprocket but the o-ring chain is not DID. but it still works well its gold coloured o-ring chain n its kinda cheap.. heard the did o-ring would cost me another $50 more.

the booster just installed so cant really feedback

the installation is kinda hassle free except the tank needs to be removed for it to be installed.

go there early on weekdays they are not usually busy.

staff there are friendly n patient.

btw its behind paya lebar mrt its near singapore post. :D

Guest simone
juz wanna check with you guys, does your vara pistons sound slightly loud after a while? Maybe is time for me to change the engine oil already...

hey there heikal i heard u just bought ur bike at eunos superbike. its best that u change engine oil often as the bike is new. also at the period of time its best to use mineral oil.

if ur kiasu change it like so

100km

300km

500km

1000km

since the engine is new alot of friction would be created thus resulting in alot of debris in the engine. thus changing the engine oil n oil filter often in the period of time would result in a more cleaner engine.

after the run in period fully synt oil would be the best.

Originally posted by simone@May 4 2004, 05:08 PM

anyway the air filter is super expensive $188!!!!

6ofitall u change ur AIRfilter how much ah at MAH?

anyway anybody here using platinum spark plug i heard it last longer.

Simone, I cant remember how much is the air filter, but i dun think it is that expensive....I guess the air filter at BS is for the K&N air filter, which is reusable, thus explain its price tag...

2002-2003 -Yamaha RXZ 135

2003-2004 -Honda Varadero 125

2004-2007 -Honda Transalp XLV400

2007-2011 -Mitsubishi Lancer EX

2008-2009 -Honda Falcon 400

2009-2012... -Honda Transalp XLV400

2011-2012 - Honda Civic 1.8A

"You were not made to dig in dirt with chickens.... But to soar the clouds with the wings of an eagle...."

Guest simone

eheh no they bs honda dont use aftermarket parts all genuine honda parts thus the air filter is honda. its really crazy for 188 i bought my honda phantom airfilter for only $25 n with installation how much did u get ur air filter at mah issit 80??

Originally posted by visual@May 2 2004, 06:32 PM

About: Sprokets and Chain Replacement.

Cost me $188! but i didint get the original honda parts sprokets, apprantly there is a cheaper one, chain i got was a DID.

the Shop , see image of their name card

visual, just wanna check with you, what is the bike shop name? I can't open the attachment, something wrong with my pc also lah. That's cheap for that service. I would like to change the spocket also. By the way, can I request to have the engine one bigger and the rear smaller.. hehehe to increase my speed lah...

Originally posted by simone@May 4 2004, 05:25 PM

hey there heikal i heard u just bought ur bike at eunos superbike. its best that u change engine oil often as the bike is new. also at the period of time its best to use mineral oil.

if ur kiasu change it like so

100km

300km

500km

1000km

since the engine is new alot of friction would be created thus resulting in alot of debris in the engine. thus changing the engine oil n oil filter often in the period of time would result in a more cleaner engine.

after the run in period fully synt oil would be the best.

well, simone. I didn't bought the bike there, my bike is 2 years old lah.. no need running in....