Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I am a 29 year old man living in Singapore, and I have recently been thinking about buying a motorbike. The reason for that is that I do not really see the point of having a car (unless you have a big family), and I would love to go on cruise around the island or even out of the country (Malaysia, Thailand etc).

 

I am quite new to bikes, although I have a bit of experience riding some 125cc dirt bikes back in my home country. I am thinking of getting an enduro, such as Honda Transalp or Kawasaki KLE 500, which seem to suit beginners while allowing long distance travel.

 

Could you please share your tips and opinions regarding this choice? What's the second hand and new price like? How about the insurance and the driving license? I already have a car driving license, so how much would it roughly cost?

 

How is it go drive a bike in Singapore, and is it possible to cross borders easily?

 

Thank you for your feedback!

 

Charles

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

License

if u have foreign bike license, just convert. if dont have, u need to follow the rest of us and go thur the lesson and courses. enquire more details at various driving center of ur choice.

 

Insurance, COE, tax

to ride or drive a vehicle on the road u need to pay COE, road tax and have proper insurance covered. COE n road tax r fixed price according to ur bike. insurance depends on what u want to cover and varies on age. for touring u might want to get additional insurance.

 

Bikes

we have 3 classes

less than 200cc - Class 2B

200-400cc - Class 2A

any bike - Class 2

if ur purpose is just for touring, of cos bigger bike better. however u have to note the fuel consumption is higher for bigger bikes, thus u dont see much in our small country (we dont have much place to run anyway :cheeky: )

i'm riding class 2b pulsar 180cc. it's fuel consumption is good, and with it's 18L tank, good for touring also. max speed 110-120km/h, 1 full tank should take u at least 450-500km no matter how much u rev. my friends has gone as far as thailand.

 

2nd hand bikes

again depend on what type of bikes u want and how old. ranges from 2k to 10/20k. take a look at the garage section.

Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.

However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

Posted
License

if u have foreign bike license, just convert. if dont have, u need to follow the rest of us and go thur the lesson and courses. enquire more details at various driving center of ur choice.

 

Insurance, COE, tax

to ride or drive a vehicle on the road u need to pay COE, road tax and have proper insurance covered. COE n road tax r fixed price according to ur bike. insurance depends on what u want to cover and varies on age. for touring u might want to get additional insurance.

 

Bikes

we have 3 classes

less than 200cc - Class 2B

200-400cc - Class 2A

any bike - Class 2

if ur purpose is just for touring, of cos bigger bike better. however u have to note the fuel consumption is higher for bigger bikes, thus u dont see much in our small country (we dont have much place to run anyway :cheeky: )

i'm riding class 2b pulsar 180cc. it's fuel consumption is good, and with it's 18L tank, good for touring also. max speed 110-120km/h, 1 full tank should take u at least 450-500km no matter how much u rev. my friends has gone as far as thailand.

 

2nd hand bikes

again depend on what type of bikes u want and how old. ranges from 2k to 10/20k. take a look at the garage section.

 

Thank you for all the info. I already called the driving school, and they told me I had to take the 2B license first; then I have to wait for 2 years before taking the 2A. A bit of a bummer, but I guess that is how it should be done, as I do not have any bike license.

 

What exactly do you mean by "pulsar 180cc"? How about a 4 stroke 200cc enduro bike? Any model you would recommend? My budget is around 7k, exclusive of additionnal equipment and insurance. I will definitely look at the garage section.

 

Thank you again!

Posted
Thank you for all the info. I already called the driving school, and they told me I had to take the 2B license first; then I have to wait for 2 years before taking the 2A. A bit of a bummer, but I guess that is how it should be done, as I do not have any bike license.

 

What exactly do you mean by "pulsar 180cc"? How about a 4 stroke 200cc enduro bike? Any model you would recommend? My budget is around 7k, exclusive of additionnal equipment and insurance. I will definitely look at the garage section.

 

Thank you again!

 

actually, after 1 year of passing your 2b(removing of P-plate), you can already enroll in taking 2A(unless of course the system changed).

 

bajaj pulsar 180cc is a naked bike made originally in india.

Link to the bike:

http://www.bajajauto.com/pulsar/Pulsar/p180_key_feature.html

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...