Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

Having read so many accidents happening, I feel like changing to a Van.

Checkup the installment is about $490 now for 7years for Renault Kangoo.

Very headache now as thinking hard about whether to get a Van or not.

Anyone has any experience having a Van or otherwise know about all the cost involved?

 

Any ideas and comments?

Hope to hear many views from my fellow bikers here.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 1 2007, 11:07 PM

Hi all,

 

Having read so many accidents happening, I feel like changing to a Van.

Checkup the installment is about $490 now for 7years for Renault Kangoo.

Very headache now as thinking hard about whether to get a Van or not.

Anyone has any experience having a Van or otherwise know about all the cost involved?

 

Any ideas and comments?

Hope to hear many views from my fellow bikers here.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks!

you need to first have a registered company...

Iron Horses... Let's Rock and Roll!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

wat make u so sure tat driving a van u wont kena accident?

 

cos van can only go up to 70km/h,can u stand the ZZZ monster finding u when u driving home late at nite?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think wat the threadstarter meant was.. if a person on bike and the other on van, both accident, the one on bike will sustain more injuries... thus he's thinking of getting a van.. actually i also need to buy a car already... sigh... if only i can sell my bike and not lose too much... :sweat:

Iron Horses... Let's Rock and Roll!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 1 2007, 11:07 PM

Hi all,

 

Having read so many accidents happening, I feel like changing to a Van.

Checkup the installment is about $490 now for 7years for Renault Kangoo.

Very headache now as thinking hard about whether to get a Van or not.

Anyone has any experience having a Van or otherwise know about all the cost involved?

 

Any ideas and comments?

Hope to hear many views from my fellow bikers here.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thanks!

NO!!!!! U will regret!!!!!

 

1st.. the fuel comsumption is horrible!!!!

 

2nd.. Raining is a hell as Kangroo are very very thin and soft metal.. the sound of raindrop hitting ur van is worse than old woman nagging.. if accident.. u think kangroo can survive? I am not bull shitting.. i can give a dent on the body with just 1 punch!!!!

 

3rd.. the maintain is more chor than a normal sedan car (average servicing 1 time is $1000)

 

4th.. corning at 60km, u can feel that the whole van is abt to overturn

 

5th.. its a european vehical.. the signal and control are oppo from local car

 

6th.. engine is good.. consider the fastest and most powerful mini van but the timing belt.. hahaha.. also toking abt 4digit when u wnana change

 

Why i know so much? Coz i own 1....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/king_ziege/Biker%20gers/board_headerEdited.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Ah James@Jan 1 2007, 11:18 PM

NO!!!!! U will regret!!!!!

 

1st.. the fuel comsumption is horrible!!!!

 

2nd.. Raining is a hell as Kangroo are very very thin and soft metal.. the sound of raindrop hitting ur van is worse than old woman nagging

 

3rd.. the maintain is more chor than a normal sedan car (average servicing 1 time is $1000)

 

4th.. corning at 60km, u can feel that the whole van is abt to overturn

 

Why i know so much? Coz i own 1....

hmm..how come my kangoo doesnt sound so bad as urs :sweat:

 

god $1k so expensive meh? tat is when u going for the 60k when u god to change the timing belt? :confused:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:20 PM

hmm..how come my kangoo doesnt sound so bad as urs :sweat:

 

god $1k so expensive meh? tat is when u going for the 60k when u god to change the timing belt? :confused:

My servicing all done at Renualt (Toa Pahayo)

 

Or u got any good shop to recommand?

 

This week, my CD player also gone case liao.. dashboard there gt weird knocking sounding (when engine is off but the power is on)

 

When travel at 70km.. gt wind sound... majaim window din close tight like tat..

 

 

where u go repair and srvicing? Pls intro mi.. i wanna give up this van liao.. coz its sucking mi dry!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/king_ziege/Biker%20gers/board_headerEdited.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Ah James@Jan 1 2007, 11:24 PM

My servicing all done at Renualt (Toa Pahayo)

 

Or u got any good shop to recommand?

 

This week, my CD player also gone case liao.. dashboard there gt weird knocking sounding (when engine is off but the power is on)

 

When travel at 70km.. gt wind sound... majaim window din close tight like tat..

 

 

where u go repair and srvicing? Pls intro mi.. i wanna give up this van liao.. coz its sucking mi dry!!

my right speaker is gone..

 

my audio is using after market 1 :sweat:

 

use 1year+ only clock 14k milage :lol:

 

maybe u can try kangoo club forum to try best service around..

http://kangooclub.gotcanyons.net/

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have seen people getting 800km or more per $50 of diesel on a combo..

 

and where is this toa pahayo?

 

kangoo is known to be the most problematic vehicle around...the older ones at least...

 

most powerful? try beating a opel combo or vw caddy...

 

did u mention that the road tax & insurance is cheaper than a normal sedan?

 

and did you also mention that the generous cargo space that a eurovan can offer?

 

all your complains only serve to show that the kangoo is indeed the most problematic eurovan around...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

 

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by archenemy@Jan 1 2007, 11:30 PM

i have seen people getting 800km or more per $50 of diesel on a combo..

 

and where is this toa pahayo?

 

kangoo is known to be the most problematic vehicle around...the older ones at least...

 

most powerful? try beating a opel combo or vw caddy...

 

did u mention that the road tax & insurance is cheaper than a normal sedan?

 

and did you also mention that the generous cargo space that a eurovan can offer?

 

all your complains only serve to show that the kangoo is indeed the most problematic eurovan around...

kangoo is the least power among the euro van..

 

but i dun mind..n i still enjoy my kangoo... :lovestruck:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by archenemy@Jan 1 2007, 11:30 PM

 

and where is this toa pahayo?

 

lor 8.beside subaru showroom

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Ah James@Jan 1 2007, 11:18 PM

NO!!!!! U will regret!!!!!

 

1st.. the fuel comsumption is horrible!!!!

 

2nd.. Raining is a hell as Kangroo are very very thin and soft metal.. the sound of raindrop hitting ur van is worse than old woman nagging.. if accident.. u think kangroo can survive? I am not bull shitting.. i can give a dent on the body with just 1 punch!!!!

 

3rd.. the maintain is more chor than a normal sedan car (average servicing 1 time is $1000)

 

4th.. corning at 60km, u can feel that the whole van is abt to overturn

 

5th.. its a european vehical.. the signal and control are oppo from local car

 

6th.. engine is good.. consider the fastest and most powerful mini van but the timing belt.. hahaha.. also toking abt 4digit when u wnana change

 

Why i know so much? Coz i own 1....

1k per maintainance? So Ex?

I heard is only about $250?

 

Timing Belt so Ex ??

How come? Is there any place that is cheaper?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:20 PM

hmm..how come my kangoo doesnt sound so bad as urs :sweat:

 

god $1k so expensive meh? tat is when u going for the 60k when u god to change the timing belt? :confused:

Hi How much did you spend for your maintainance of your Kangoo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:31 PM

kangoo is the least power among the euro van..

 

but i dun mind..n i still enjoy my kangoo... :lovestruck:

thats great man....

 

remember we have a date once i get my combo ah....

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

 

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by who_noe@Jan 1 2007, 11:31 PM

lor 8.beside subaru showroom

i believe it should be spelt as Toa Payoh...

 

i thought he went to southern thailand to do his servicing!

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

 

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it mean that getting a Combo or Caddy is better?

Does anyone know the prices of these?

Where is the showroom or the Combo and Caddy?

 

What about Citrioen? Or Peuguet?

Any comments?

 

I just feel that Van is safely than bike bah and also because of the weather as I need to travel on the road very often ( about 350 to 400 click every week).

Link to post
Share on other sites

buying a van is not a bad idea. lots of space behind. very flexible on what you can do. carry stuff. picnic in your van, changing room. even just sitting in the back of your van with your legs hanging out is really fun.

good and bad

if diesel, road tax high, consumption for diesel is really good. roughly double your petrol mileage (mine petrol, consumption average), kangoo lots of problems(mainly manufacturing defects, but agent is quite good usually will rectify the problem without charge and hassles as long as below 60kmileage), 60k servicing killer about 1k. true that very noisy when raining. not really true that body is soft. my rx8 just as soft. cornering of course feel scary cos suspension soft as it is made to carry goods. if you want to corner fast then lower your suspension can liao. also a bit irritating when you go fast on highway, but you will get used to eat. if you want to buy, buy now cos coe $1. but if you aare looking for car in the 50k range, please do it. although i like my kangoo, i'd rather drive a car minus the fun things i get to do with my kangoo. give the new VW and fiat a try. they're newer models and really nice especially the fiat. its huge ad seem comfortable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 2 2007, 01:45 AM

1k per maintainance? So Ex?

I heard is only about $250?

 

Timing Belt so Ex ??

How come? Is there any place that is cheaper?

i checked with my company's mechanics...

 

it will cost around $200+ for the timing belt...i just have to give them some kopi money for the labour...

 

the coolant pump will cost around $500, to be changed every 2 years or so...

 

and the pulley system will cost around $200+....to be changed around 2 years also...

 

normal servicing...changing of engine oil...topping up of coolant & all other fluids...only cost less than $100....at my company lah....

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

 

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 2 2007, 01:51 AM

Does it mean that getting a Combo or Caddy is better?

Does anyone know the prices of these?

Where is the showroom or the Combo and Caddy?

 

What about Citrioen? Or Peuguet?

Any comments?

 

I just feel that Van is safely than bike bah and also because of the weather as I need to travel on the road very often ( about 350 to 400 click every week).

combo you have to go to triangle auto...

 

peugeot is rather good too...just that the engine is rather weak...and its french...drove it for its 1st 4000+km when my company bought 1...consumption was about 700km per 42 litres..

 

400km a week is nothing...i hit that in 3 days....

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

 

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nickcstan@Jan 2 2007, 01:54 AM

buying a van is not a bad idea. lots of space behind. very flexible on what you can do. carry stuff. picnic in your van, changing room. even just sitting in the back of your van with your legs hanging out is really fun.

good and bad

if diesel, road tax high, consumption for diesel is really good. roughly double your petrol mileage (mine petrol, consumption average), kangoo lots of problems(mainly manufacturing defects, but agent is quite good usually will rectify the problem without charge and hassles as long as below 60kmileage), 60k servicing killer about 1k. true that very noisy when raining. not really true that body is soft. my rx8 just as soft. cornering of course feel scary cos suspension soft as it is made to carry goods. if you want to corner fast then lower your suspension can liao. also a bit irritating when you go fast on highway, but you will get used to eat. if you want to buy, buy now cos coe $1. but if you aare looking for car in the 50k range, please do it. although i like my kangoo, i'd rather drive a car minus the fun things i get to do with my kangoo. give the new VW and fiat a try. they're newer models and really nice especially the fiat. its huge ad seem comfortable.

the agents are not going to pass on the savings of the $1 COE to you...

 

when the COE was $8000...combo was $38,000

 

with the COE now $1....the combo is only $34,400...

 

noisy? get sound proofing lor!

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

 

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by archenemy@Jan 2 2007, 01:57 AM

i checked with my company's mechanics...

 

it will cost around $200+ for the timing belt...i just have to give them some kopi money for the labour...

 

the coolant pump will cost around $500, to be changed every 2 years or so...

 

and the pulley system will cost around $200+....to be changed around 2 years also...

 

normal servicing...changing of engine oil...topping up of coolant & all other fluids...only cost less than $100....at my company lah....

what is your company doing?

Vehicles servicing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ManInWhite@Jan 2 2007, 01:51 AM

Does it mean that getting a Combo or Caddy is better?

Does anyone know the prices of these?

Where is the showroom or the Combo and Caddy?

 

What about Citrioen? Or Peuguet?

Any comments?

 

I just feel that Van is safely than bike bah and also because of the weather as I need to travel on the road very often ( about 350 to 400 click every week).

well,the new cabby dun look as nice as the old 1..

 

the old cabby the most powerful of all :bow:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...