SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

Hi guys, any1 know where the spark plug located in the joyride. :confused:

Been riding it for some time but always change at the motordiam and didin't notice where they change the spark plug.:cheeky:

Now time are bad so try to do everything myself, btw do the joyride engine needs to be tune once a while? knoe nuts about engine and trying to learn more.:help:

Life Don't Always Goes as Planned. That's What Make Life Interesting

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The plug is on the right band underside of the side cover. You don't have to open the whole seat up as it's too troublesome, but rather just squeeze your hand inside & start loosening the plug using the opener they give you. Then you just twist the plug out by hand lor.. Can always try.

:slapforehead:

I just got myself the Joyride 180 EFi two months back. The EFi uses remote control to open up the seat compartment. Unlucky me, i lost the key, and now, the workshop told me that they have to open it up and changed everything. Do u guys know how much will i be charged for this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/abdulhadi/avatarsignature.jpg

Originally posted by varadidie@Mar 11 2005, 12:04 PM

I just got myself the Joyride 180 EFi two months back. The EFi uses remote control to open up the seat compartment. Unlucky me, i lost the key, and now, the workshop told me that they have to open it up and changed everything. Do u guys know how much will i be charged for this?

Not much sym rider here and esp EFI some more :giddy: . Any new comer wanna help here :confused:

Originally posted by varadidie@Mar 11 2005, 12:04 PM

hope u can back ur key.....anyway u still have the spare key right?...btw r u riding a white EFI joyride?

http://www.bikehk.com/photo/2005/p004233/001.jpg

My past n present ride...

1995 - Honda C70

1996 - TZR125 (FJ3462G)

1997 - TZRR125 (FM8630P)

1998 - CBR400RRR (FP6854H) / Skipper125 (FL8169K)

1999 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / RVF400 (FQ7918X) / LC125 (FB9950)

2000 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / Kawasaki ZXR750 P1 (FN5572M) / Toyota Starlet EP70 (SBH908R)

2001 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / TZM 150 (FS4806U) / Daihatsu Hijet (GM3346G)

2002 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / Toyota Starlet EP80 (SBR6249S)

2003 - Skipper125 (FL8196K) / XR200R (FS7249H)/ CBR900 (FJ76H)

2004 - XR200R (FS7249H) / Africa Twin 750 (FR1403Z) / Hyundai Accent 1.5L (SFF738C)

2005 - XR200R (FS7249H) / Honda Foresight 250 (FP9848G) / Atlantic200 (FZ5766H) / Mini (SFM9943E) / Hyundai Accent 1.5L (SFF738C)

2006 - Atlantic200 (FZ5576H) / Mini (SFM9943E) / Hyundai Tucson (SGC1185U)

2007 - DRZ400SM (FBBXXXX) / SWIFT SPORT (SGNXXXX)

Next - ....350Z???

Will be expensive because first they have to change the Electronic Vehicle Unit which comes with new sensors, the they duplicate the keys & pass the new set to you. I suggest you try to get the spare key (with the remote still attached!) & try find a key shop that can actually trace the sounds for your locking system (the same as they do with cars when you loose your keys or if in Malaysia, the way they steal your cars!) & duplicate them yourself. Will save you a big fortune. You bought the bike at Southern Wind right? Can try talk to Ah Tiong. Of course they'd ask you to buy a new set of VCU rather than duplicate some keys. It's worth a try.

:slapforehead:

Originally posted by Shark+Mar 11 2005, 09:52 PM-->
QUOTE (Shark @ Mar 11 2005, 09:52 PM)
Will be expensive because first they have to change the Electronic Vehicle Unit which comes with new sensors, the they duplicate the keys & pass the new set to you. I suggest you try to get the spare key (with the remote still attached!) & try find a key shop that can actually trace the sounds for your locking system (the same as they do with cars when you loose your keys or if in Malaysia, the way they steal your cars!) & duplicate them yourself. Will save you a big fortune. You bought the bike at Southern Wind right? Can try talk to Ah Tiong. Of course they'd ask you to buy a new set of VCU rather than duplicate some keys. It's worth a try.[/b]

Thanks a lot shark for the lengthy informations. Greatly Appreciated.

This morning, i went to collect the bike. The shop didnt redo the whole thing, instead, they managed to get the spare key from the finance, and duplicated it. But they only gave me the one without the remote control attached. :cry: They told me they need to reorder it, if i really want it.. so i will have to wait. Silly me i didnt know the seat compartment can be opened without the remote control. Just have to turn it to the lock position (very new to me) and the seat will open. :cheer:

I was charged S$38.00 for the whole thing. Now its a must for me to duplicate the key.. but dunno where? cos i tried at a shop @ IMM, but they said they dun have it.

As for the original keys, Southern dont allow borrowing it . They still keep one of the original and they tld me, will give it to me, only upon full-settlement (mine is on Hire purchase)..

Thanks again though.. :thumb:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/abdulhadi/avatarsignature.jpg

Originally posted by chase79@Mar 12 2005, 09:19 PM

Hi everybody i have just brought a second hand Joyride today at Ban Hong AMK.:smile:

If u want to calculate the distance per trip how u set the meter on the bike?

give me your email ....send you the manual I scanned last time. Alot of information. Welcome to the family !

Hi gentoro,

U make me interested on joyride also, I need to travel 100km per day, very high usage, is it a good choice for me?

Can we use the spare part at johor which ppl use for their Elegan by Modenas at joyride also?

Is the maintainence high? Which shop selling at reasonable price and how much?

Sorry for asking so much...paiseh

The problem is not you can afford it or not, is how are you going to make yourself able to afford it.

last week saw a black joyride efi 180 at mah the plate number is fz181 leh... nice nice than open the seat wah quite big know.... hhhmmm dunno if the fuel consumtion for the bike will be better a not leh since it is EFI...

no active trips since 2006

Originally posted by siewsphone@Mar 14 2005, 03:13 PM

Hi gentoro,

U make me interested on joyride also, I need to travel 100km per day, very high usage, is it a good choice for me?

Can we use the spare part at johor which ppl use for their Elegan by Modenas at joyride also?

Is the maintainence high? Which shop selling at reasonable price and how much?

Sorry for asking so much...paiseh

hi ,

me riding the bike since OCT 04...so far so good...me bought from MAH motors at bendemeer....can say good service....then now they have quite a number of the new EFI and also new version of joyride 172cc

along serangoon road quite a number of shops selling joyride...LEE Motors and bike production...walk walk ask around loh...

if you travel long Distance then I advise you don buy ...cos our fuel tank only 8.5ltr...I travel around 50km per day then around 3.5 days need to pump liao...for you then every 2 days you need to pump petrol.

The bike quite low maintenance...So far my FC is 28-30km/ltr quite good I must say...

Then spare parts I no experience cos haven change anything..

Originally posted by inovator@Mar 14 2005, 07:49 PM

hi ,

me riding the bike since OCT 04...so far so good...me bought from MAH motors at bendemeer....can say good service....then now they have quite a number of the new EFI and also new version of joyride 172cc

along serangoon road quite a number of shops selling joyride...LEE Motors and bike production...walk walk ask around loh...

if you travel long Distance then I advise you don buy ...cos our fuel tank only 8.5ltr...I travel around 50km per day then around 3.5 days need to pump liao...for you then every 2 days you need to pump petrol.

The bike quite low maintenance...So far my FC is 28-30km/ltr quite good I must say...

Then spare parts I no experience cos haven change anything..

Thx for the reply. I need to travel to jb everyday, so I will pump petrol at there. Just now saw a FT plate Joyride200 at motorshop, quote me 3.3k......I think should be ok gua.

The problem is not you can afford it or not, is how are you going to make yourself able to afford it.

Originally posted by siewsphone@Mar 14 2005, 08:06 PM

Thx for the reply. I need to travel to jb everyday, so I will pump petrol at there. Just now saw a FT plate Joyride200 at motorshop, quote me 3.3k......I think should be ok gua.

I have brought a FX joyride at $3500(OTR) including 3rd party insur and road tax till next year. Also got a free helmet and bike cover.

Originally posted by chase79@Mar 15 2005, 08:27 AM

I have brought a FX joyride at $3500(OTR) including 3rd party insur and road tax till next year. Also got a free helmet and bike cover.

Your COE until when?

Originally posted by siewsphone@Mar 15 2005, 06:18 PM

New Joyrider reporting in.

Anyone can send me the manual? [email protected]

How come my temperature like not working like that, no bar at all, so cold meh?

Congrats and welcome though i don't come in often. :smile:

Not sure whether you temp guage is working but mine is definitely not :weep:

Check with the mech and he say its rather costly to troubleshoot the prob and so now riding without it.

Previously the guage will go up 1 or 2 bar in just 5~10mins of normal ridinges if yours does not goes up then i suppose its faulty.

Life Don't Always Goes as Planned. That's What Make Life Interesting

Originally posted by Ronin@Mar 15 2005, 08:01 PM

Congrats and welcome though i don't come in often. :smile:

Not sure whether you temp guage is working but mine is definitely not :weep:

Check with the mech and he say its rather costly to troubleshoot the prob and so now riding without it.

Previously the guage will go up 1 or 2 bar in just 5~10mins of normal ridinges if yours does not goes up then i suppose its faulty.

Aiiiii.........SIGH..................so sad!

the bike cost me 3.3k from Ban Hon, he told me 1yr+ bike only, but the mileage is 48k!!!! and the temperature meter is faulty, I feel so sad.....feel like has been cheated.

Originally posted by siewsphone@Mar 15 2005, 08:22 PM

Aiiiii.........SIGH..................so sad!

the bike cost me 3.3k from Ban Hon, he told me 1yr+ bike only, but the mileage is 48k!!!! and the temperature meter is faulty, I feel so sad.....feel like has been cheated.

wah u got walk around to shop and ask around ? 48km a year !!!!

u got check the log card to see when the bike is produced ? cos if he cheats you then u can complain to CASE....then why don you go back and ask them to repair for u ?? though second hand the shop still has a liability to make sure the goods are in good condition before selling....

I got mine at first hand 5.7k then got a year warranty on all hardware ....they gave me the warranty card listing the type of hardware covered....Think you check whether your bike still covered anot....Did you go to to sym service centre to check out the repair price for the gauge ?

the address in earlier threads...

take care !

Guest medanmemory

Hi all, regarding my previous threat bout my accident, i already sold my joyride to banhon n take a new bike, guess how much it worth to trade in to a new bike, it worth bout 1k+ onli. i know i should not cry over spilled milk but its juz too disappointed wif the quality of the bike :weep: , wish i could ride it to malaysia n repair ther but the bike was not in riding condition anymore. No choice, i hav to downgrade to smaller cc bike n pay 2k+ to cover up the rest. So, mayb i need time to recover from my bad experience bout riding scooter. Give Up!! So for all joyride scooter :goodluck:

Thanks, I have received it. MY coolant looks like no water inside like that, this morning put in water, just now see got water come out from bike, dun know the coolant got leak or not...Arghhhhhhhhhhh

Later must call Ban Hon and !@#$%^&&*