SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by medanmemory@Nov 26 2004, 09:52 AM

Hi all, juz self skidded my 1,5yrs joyride yesterday.. i was travelling at 60km/h on expressway (rainy day), n i slow down cos heavy traffic ahead, suddenly the bike lose control, dunno whether its tyre or brake got prob, it juz jammed make the bike skidded in between the car(juz do servicing last week!! ),n fell down to beside car. THE BIKE REALLY FRAGILE ! front tyre cover, wing all smashed like potato, n the handle bar cover cracked n opened up like being operated! Really disappointed wif the bike, low performance, high depreciation, high fuel consumption, no resell value, n sucks body (like soft cake!) :mad: any idea i can have a budget repair, cos tis surely cos me a bomb.. :cry:

Try Ban Hon at AMK Blk 5038 ind. park 2, you do direct import for SYM too which mean they do hold parts :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Originally posted by gentoro@Nov 22 2004, 04:03 PM

OOiii! ZZzzz... I was so busy last few weeks!!!! Hi guys, How's going?

My national conference just finish with great sucess! and now can relax abit.

I like to thank Kenny for inviting me to scooter gathering but I was unable to reply and make it. I have been working day and night for the last three weeks for the 20-21 National Conference on Diabetic Foot Problems.

Great that this is OVER!!! Yeah.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

next wed lor...bo excuse liao hor :lol:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Hi,

I just got myself a Joyride 200 on 26Nov.

I just found out abt this forum after surfing the internet.

Hope to learn more abt my ride.

Cheers......

:thumb: :thumb:

any idea i can have a budget repair, cos tis surely cos me a bomb.. :cry:

maybe u might want to consider motor workshop in JB and get a quote on the repair cost. Their Modenas Elegan is similiar to joyride, and whole bike just cost only RM$6k+. Maybe it might be cheaper to get it repair there.

Just another option for u.

13Jun05 - 21Jul06 Joyride 172cc. Mileage=31050

21Jul06..... TA200. Mileage=3200

MSN = [email protected]

Guest siao_siao

hi,

yar loh... not much topic to talk about... By the way huh, where did u get your Joyride from & which model. Which shop did u buy at? Sorry for being kepo la...

Hi all, juz self skidded my 1,5yrs joyride yesterday.. i was travelling at 60km/h on expressway (rainy day), n i slow down cos heavy traffic ahead, suddenly the bike lose control, dunno whether its tyre or brake got prob, it juz jammed make the bike skidded in between the car(juz do servicing last week!! ),n fell down to beside car. THE BIKE REALLY FRAGILE ! front tyre cover, wing all smashed like potato, n the handle bar cover cracked n opened up like being operated! Really disappointed wif the bike, low performance, high depreciation, high fuel consumption, no resell value, n sucks body (like soft cake!) :mad: any idea i can have a budget repair, cos tis surely cos me a bomb.. :cry:

wah sad to hear abt your accident...but since you are ok then think its very good liao....By the way have you change your tyres since you got the bike ? cos thinking that if you have ridden it for 1.5 years then very likely the bike skidded cos no more friction liao....

Anyway, just wan to clarify some points abt the bike...so far my joyride fuel consumption is around 27-30km/ltr....think for a scooter, this range is quite good liao...then i agree that this bike no resale value but this is inevitable since we got it at quite low price too hence cannot expect much...then for the last 5 years, i had around 4 accidents, each time my bike ended up not too good...i ridden sp and rxz before so generally, once the bike skid or crash into something, it is really unlikely that not much damage will result...then given the general scooter design, i think all the more damage will result...so take comfort that you are alright can liao......

hope no offence caused....just my personal comments, take care !

Hi there, regarding your accident issue. I feel sorry. We all know that you will definitely feel bad after the accident. The humilation, cost, hurt and grieve against your bike.

Bro, just my 2 cent worth of thought, anybike you ride, be it harley, CB900 or a lousy scooter (no offence!). You shld accept the responsiblity and no point blaming the bike.

True the bike is dirt cheap, no resale value but initially we all took the chance and bought the bike for our ride.

Final advise, if you need any help, all scooter riders will try to help you. No point crying over spilled milk.

Btw, I saw a wecked joyride recently about 2 weeks ago at Bangkit road but now, it disappear, my guess is the bike is in the garage.

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

• 4 weeks later...

hi

im new here ... ...

i bought this bike about a month ago,

n i just hit 1000km this week.

Today when i was riding on e AYE,

i feel my bike jerk,

n the next 5 min,

the belt snapped... ....

just to ask around u guy,

any1 encounter this problem b4?

does the warranty cover this?(replace of e belt)

Hi symjoyride200,

I think there's not much members here riding this model.

I sympathise with u regarding wat happended to yr bike.

But I think not much help coming frm members here. I

guess u have to go back to dealer or agent to rectify the pblm.

I bought mine abt a month ago also, but only reaching to 400km.

I hope nothing unpleasant will happen to my bike. Plse update

on latest situation on yr bike...

Cheers..:::goodluck: :goodluck:

Originally posted by symjoyride200@Dec 25 2004, 10:19 PM

hi

im new here ... ...

i bought this bike about a month ago,

n i just hit 1000km this week.

Today when i was riding on e AYE,

i feel my bike jerk,

n the next 5 min,

the belt snapped... ....

just to ask around u guy,

any1 encounter this problem b4?

does the warranty cover this?(replace of e belt)

You must have not run-in properly. I have hit 6500km without changing the belt and roller and bearing. I weight at 80+kg and plus my wife 60+kg everytime we ride together. My belt didn't break or what.

Btw, How much and where you change your belt. I have wanting to change belt.

Anyone here can suggest where to get reliable Malossi belt and bearing at reasonable price?

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi every1, I am new in this forum though riding the joyride for 18 mths liao :smile: need the lao jiao advice on some matters

1) tyres is bald and need to change. any recommendations? odometer reads 23k, should have changed long ago but no money :cheeky:

2) my temp guage seem to be not working, after long ride still not rise.... how r? :confused:

hope to get some replies as there seem to be very little ppl riding joyride in this forum :sweat:

Life Don't Always Goes as Planned. That's What Make Life Interesting

Hi Ronin

It's dangerous to ride with bald tyres...

I think u'r lucky nothing bad has happened to u yet...

Plse change yr tyres ASAP....

:goodluck: :goodluck:

Originally posted by AnJas@Jan 20 2005, 01:33 AM

Hi Ronin

It's dangerous to ride with bald tyres...

I think u'r lucky nothing bad has happened to u yet...

Plse change yr tyres ASAP....

:goodluck: :goodluck:

yeah, thats rite. for other road user's safety too. please change your tyre ASAP.:giddy:

Car:

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Hi Joyriders :cheer: ,

Its been a long while since i'm here hehe. First i like to apologise to anyone who had PM me before. Sorry didn't manage to reply coz I MIA from here due to taxing project and work.

As for myself, think i should be one of the first few here to own a Joyride 200. My scoot is going to be 2 this coming april. Just clocked over 37k, and still slogging for me today hehe :p

Anyway, life is improving for me and i hope that i can join back this forum again to share experiences wiv joyriders here. Cheers =)

Originally posted by Yellobie@Jan 27 2005, 11:09 AM

Hi Joyriders :cheer: ,

Its been a long while since i'm here hehe. First i like to apologise to anyone who had PM me before. Sorry didn't manage to reply coz I MIA from here due to taxing project and work.

As for myself, think i should be one of the first few here to own a Joyride 200. My scoot is going to be 2 this coming april. Just clocked over 37k, and still slogging for me today hehe :p

Anyway, life is improving for me and i hope that i can join back this forum again to share experiences wiv joyriders here. Cheers =)

Welcome back. :cheer:

Glad that your Joyride is free of problem. For my case, it isn't so. (Maybe i'm just one of the suay guys around).

Some problems i had faced wiv my joyride before:

- my scoot doesnt seems to like VPower during its younger times. Whenever i use VPower, after a sharp turn followed by a hard acceleration, the scoot will have "petrol feeding" problem. What i mean is the bike acceleration becomes "jerky", and the strong petrol can be smelt. But it doesnt happen anymore now

- suspension get softer over time.

- main headlight bulb melted the part of reflective aluminium foil. This is a serious case which i just managed to get the spare part in for replacement. Dun understand why it happen as well as all other joyride i have seen doesnt have this problem :cry:

- Alternator died on me when its around 1 yrs old. Saw one of the coil got burnt.

- 3 months ago the wire between the rectifier and the battery degraded till very little current can pass thru, thus cannot charged the battery.

- Kick start dun seems to work now. Think becoz i never use it before? hehe :p

Hope all these dun faced these problems, but if u do, let me know when u need any help

yoz...i might be getting a joyride soon...is there any joyride meetup? need to ask n find out alot of thing b4 can decide wether to buy it anot....

http://www.bikehk.com/photo/2005/p004233/001.jpg

My past n present ride...

1995 - Honda C70

1996 - TZR125 (FJ3462G)

1997 - TZRR125 (FM8630P)

1998 - CBR400RRR (FP6854H) / Skipper125 (FL8169K)

1999 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / RVF400 (FQ7918X) / LC125 (FB9950)

2000 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / Kawasaki ZXR750 P1 (FN5572M) / Toyota Starlet EP70 (SBH908R)

2001 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / TZM 150 (FS4806U) / Daihatsu Hijet (GM3346G)

2002 - Skipper125 (FL8169K) / Toyota Starlet EP80 (SBR6249S)

2003 - Skipper125 (FL8196K) / XR200R (FS7249H)/ CBR900 (FJ76H)

2004 - XR200R (FS7249H) / Africa Twin 750 (FR1403Z) / Hyundai Accent 1.5L (SFF738C)

2005 - XR200R (FS7249H) / Honda Foresight 250 (FP9848G) / Atlantic200 (FZ5766H) / Mini (SFM9943E) / Hyundai Accent 1.5L (SFF738C)

2006 - Atlantic200 (FZ5576H) / Mini (SFM9943E) / Hyundai Tucson (SGC1185U)

2007 - DRZ400SM (FBBXXXX) / SWIFT SPORT (SGNXXXX)

Next - ....350Z???

me just hit 6km mileage....So far so good but got some squeaking sound when I press my back brakes nowadays...Something must be wrong....Generally,

1)Petrol - one full tank cost $10+/- for shell 95..Can ride around 200-210km

2)Stable and quite.

3)Not much power.

4)Capacity wise cos I got a 42ltr givi simply so plus the underseat storage, more than enough for alot of things.

5)The price for the bike is considered cheap amongst

6)No rpm meter.

7)Top speed so far I only clock 110km/hr....Think the bike cannot handle higher liao cos shaky...

anything else u need then post in the forum again loh !