SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

SYM JOYRIDE Chit Chat Session

Meeting point: Kallang KFC

Date: 13-08-2005(Sat)

Time: 6.30pm

The motive of the meet up is to know more of the joyrider from the SBF. We can also chit chat about our wonderful bike.

No pending list pls. Hope all can make it for our first grand meet up. Thanks

Pls state ur name/contact.

Confirm:

1. Joyrider/98584352

2. KennySeaw/96238875

3. Neosa/96879087 (About 8.30pm can?)

4. ralliArt/97632565 (will try to make it down if i book out early, last day of reservist.)

5. Dzqv53/94782686 (Will be there if no OT or craps happen)

ANY GTs riders interested in meeting up together with our joyride Bros/other makes?

Maybe can let kenny have a closer look at our bikes to see if he has any performance mods available

:giddy: DAng i can't go anymore...have work commitment :sleep:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The motive of the meet up is to know more of the joyrider from the SBF. We can also chit chat about our wonderful bike.

Confirm:

1. Joyrider/98584352

2. KennySeaw/96238875

4. ralliArt/97632565 (will try to make it down if i book out early, last day of reservist.)-GTS

5. Dzqv53/94782686 (Will be there if no OT or craps happen)-GTS

ANY GTs riders interested in meeting up together with our joyride Bros/other makes?

Maybe can let kenny have a closer look at our bikes to see if he has any performance mods available

:giddy: DAng i can't go anymore...have work commitment :sleep:

Originally posted by Shark@Aug 12 2005, 05:46 PM

1) Is it the nut that link the exhaust to the manifold? If u dropped it at the NS highway, it's luckily enuff that the whole exhaust never drop off... :cheeky: my friend vespa drop the whole exhaust & by the time he u-turn back, someone already kapok his pipe. Haha... :sweat:

2) Maybe you need to tighten your steering cone. I think on the manual it says that after certain mileage, you have to check the condition of the cone.

Thanks for your feedback on your trip. Hope you enjoyed it. My boss would have sacked me if I take so many off day to go enjoy up north. :nono:

1) ehehe..its not the nut that hold the exhaust. I tink the nut is for the plating juz b4 the exhaust. N i tink, my whole plating fell off. But not tt obvious though. SO guys, better check for loosen screws once in a while

2) I juz realised sumtink, i've installed the box. I believe with the box n some load, it will make the steering lighter hence it will wobble abit. Dunt wanna tighten the cone too much coz sqeezing the bike in jams will b quite difficult to handle.

I really enjoyed the trip, n brought back some "souveniors" from the haze up north. 2 days mc still not enuff. ehehe.

Btw, the haze you guys c on tv n papers is bad enuff, but it's not as bad as i've seen up north. Visiblity is very bad, n which i tot its the morning dew at 5pm!! ehehe

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Aug 12 2005, 12:41 AM

Hey guys...... i'm back.....ehehe....actually since early morning on national day.. but since then, was down with the flu virus... guess must hav been the very bad haze up north.

Guess wat, GTS survived its trip up north. Wat u guys wanna know... hmmm

Top speed = 125km/hr (roughly about there ah)

Cruising = 120km/hr @ 9000RPM. (Yea, i knw, it's red aready, so far so gd)

FC = Lets put our tank is 13L, n average distance covered is bout 340- 350km, roughly bout 26km/L

Total journey= bout 1800km.

Changed EO once reached penang. Mobil 1 tt cost RM46.50 at Mobil petrol kiosk, n denso iridium plug.

Compared both journey, i'm assuming tt after changing EO n plug, a bettter acceleration n FC does dips slightly.

Problem with my bike: -

1. My exhaust sounds quite loud now, as if there's a crack sumwhere. Tried to locate it, actually i noticed 2 nuts missing. I'm not sure bout those size 10 nuts are for but when i tried to screw it, the sounds dissapears. I was relief, tot there's a crack sumwhere. (The 2 nuts missing are located sumwhere between the "bottle" n the engine's block, Its visible enugg to see it from the side, just beside the dipstick of out EO) I wonder if sumthing dropped off from m gts......

2. The handlings is alot softer now compared to before i went off. I'm unable to "free hand" at high speed now, as the handles will wobble, juz like rxz w/o dampers.

Any more info can juz ask me here, mayb i can help...

Welcome back bro :smile:

Just got my box fix up this afternoon. Quite happy with the box. I think the max weight for the box is only 5kg.

Heard from the sale person that the fog light has not arrive yet and maybe come with extra switch. Be thinking of installing NEON light, together with the fog light. :smile:

Hope to have this kind of bike

http://img291.echo.cx/img291/1124/photo209457cv.jpg

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Aug 12 2005, 07:50 AM

Is it the bike U see below bro? Hehehe :cheeky: If you saw it around 9 plus to about 10 plus, I guess it's me (I was wearing purple). Yesterday was sitting around at home, wife and kid went out, suddenly the feeling of boredom overcome me. So I grab my keys and went around the whole of Sengkang. Quite big actually Sengkang is. Your GF stays at 13++ bro? Me actually staying at 12+.

Saw the bike park at 133A carpark at ground floor. Is that you? :smile:

:bounce: :bounce:

Dec'03 - Honda NSR 150SP - FT****B

Dec'04 - Honda PGM 250SP - FN****G

May'05 - SYM Joyride 200 - FZ****E

Feb'06 - Super Four Ver.S - FQ***R (bike stolen)

Apr'08 - Wave S 125 - FW****X

???????? - What's next??? - ??****?

Confirm:

1. Joyrider/98584352

2. KennySeaw/96238875

4. ralliArt/97632565 (will try to make it down if i book out early, last day of reservist.)-GTS

5. Dzqv53/94782686 (Will be there if no OT or craps happen)-GTS

Guys, I will be there at 6.30pm - 9.30pm. If any of u interested, please drop by. Hope to see more u all. Thx:smile:

Dec'03 - Honda NSR 150SP - FT****B

Dec'04 - Honda PGM 250SP - FN****G

May'05 - SYM Joyride 200 - FZ****E

Feb'06 - Super Four Ver.S - FQ***R (bike stolen)

Apr'08 - Wave S 125 - FW****X

???????? - What's next??? - ??****?

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Aug 13 2005, 10:17 AM

Did my 3rd EO change yesterday (2000 km). Used Royal Purple Max Cycle from Kenny's place. Quite smooth actually. Wanna see how long the smoothness will last....

I'm using royal purple too :smile:

By the way guys which box did u guys got ?? 46 or 42

I got the 42 because 46 stock ran out and have to wait :sian:

Scoot for L I F E

Hyosung Aquila 125 -> Joyride 200 -> GTS 200 -> G-MAX 200 -> Adiva AD200

Originally posted by yamkc58@Aug 13 2005, 01:04 AM

Hi all, got a couple of questions regarding the bike.

1) Roughly how fast the bike can reach without hitting the redline?

2) Is the acceleration good above 50-60km/h?

3) Will the bike be unstable with the box?

Thx

1) depend on the total weight it will rang from 100-110km/h (8k rpm = start of redzone)

2) for a 172cc bike i will say not bad

3) Yes but if u put a lot of weight in it it will affect (steering lighter) but u can add/change bigger balancer to counter that.

:smile:

Scoot for L I F E

Originally posted by dzqv53@Aug 13 2005, 12:02 PM

I'm using royal purple too :smile:

By the way guys which box did u guys got ?? 46 or 42

I got the 42 because 46 stock ran out and have to wait :sian:

I got the 46L one bro. However, from what I know, the last shipment of boxes and brackets, they only brought in 100 sets. As such, only 100 bikes will get the set first. The rest maybe have to wait for the next shipment. BTW, just make sure you change 42L to the 46L once the shipment is available.

No Signature

Originally posted by GTSFreak@Aug 13 2005, 12:09 PM

I got the 46L one bro. However, from what I know, the last shipment of boxes and brackets, they only brought in 100 sets. As such, only 100 bikes will get the set first. The rest maybe have to wait for the next shipment. BTW, just make sure you change 42L to the 46L once the shipment is available.

I don think i can do that anymore

the bike shop say if i get the 42 no more changing unless i wait for the 46 which they don know when :sian: unless someone wanted a smaller box then we can exchange hehehe

The 42 looks a bit smaller but space was quite ok i have a old 46 GIVI simply to compare

Scoot for L I F E

GUys.. :sleep: sorry for all the complains about the GTS.I realise there's something wrong with my bike..I made afew postulations!

My bike feels like sh*t when i pillion my GF(40kg)..

Bike felt better whenever i make long trips(with GF)..

Petrol Mileage SUxors

Very Comfortable riding(cant even feel the speed regulating stripes)

IT's Deprivation of KPa at R.wheel!

Suprisingly with pillion this bike needs 245Kpa(2.5kg/Sq cm)at

Rearwheel.--no wonder it felt better when warmed up..5 Degrees = 7kpa increase.

I also made some calculations and remove some weight from the bike to improve the Acceleration.

Now that i've lost some riding comfort in exchange for a restoration of the bike's performance~90km/hr @ 6.75 kRPM,80km/hr @ 6.25..

Aceleration seems pretty reasonable :bouncefire:

Go Check your tire pressure!

Originally posted by rider80@Aug 12 2005, 10:37 PM

Welcome back bro :smile:

Just got my box fix up this afternoon. Quite happy with the box. I think the max weight for the box is only 5kg.

Heard from the sale person that the fog light has not arrive yet and maybe come with extra switch. Be thinking of installing NEON light, together with the fog light. :smile:

thx bro.....

btw, wat i notice with the current high beam, it's damn bright, but it doesnt cover much distance, maybe bout 3-4 car length. So, i suggest if installing the fog lights, maybe can ask the installer to adjust it almost to a right angle to the ground. Maybe it will help when riding fast on a dark street or highway.

n not to forget, i believe we might benefit if we install a voltmeter 1st, instead of fog lights, stereo, neons, etc. With the meter, we can somehow determine how much charge left in our batts. THz is juz my tots..........

Originally posted by yamkc58@Aug 13 2005, 01:04 AM

Hi all, got a couple of questions regarding the bike.

1) Roughly how fast the bike can reach without hitting the redline?

2) Is the acceleration good above 50-60km/h?

3) Will the bike be unstable with the box?

Thx

1)Bout 100km/hr at 8000rpm (above 8000 is red line)

2) acceleration very good for a 2B bike. with n w/o pillion.

3)as mentioned, the handling will b lighter if ur box has some weight. but it's not that severe. still managable. add some weight to the front, as in, heavier handlebar balancer to counter the weight loss.

u welkome.

Originally posted by dzqv53@Aug 13 2005, 12:16 PM

I don think i can do that anymore

the bike shop say if i get the 42 no more changing unless i wait for the 46 which they don know when :sian: unless someone wanted a smaller box then we can exchange hehehe

The 42 looks a bit smaller but space was quite ok i have a old 46 GIVI simply to compare

fyi, actually u've paid for the 46L box. check your receipt. U cant change back to a 46L box once the shipment arrived, unless the shop owner is ur blood brother.. ehehe

wat u can try to do is, to check the price if the 42L box. Maybe the difference u can hav it in cash.

remember, the box n bracker isn't free, u've paid for it bro.

Originally posted by -Gu0Zz-@Aug 13 2005, 01:40 PM

GUys.. :sleep: sorry for all the complains about the GTS.I realise there's something wrong with my bike..I made afew postulations!

My bike feels like sh*t when i pillion my GF(40kg)..

Bike felt better whenever i make long trips(with GF)..

Petrol Mileage SUxors

Very Comfortable riding(cant even feel the speed regulating stripes)

IT's Deprivation of KPa at R.wheel!

Suprisingly with pillion this bike needs 245Kpa(2.5kg/Sq cm)at

Rearwheel.--no wonder it felt better when warmed up..5 Degrees = 7kpa increase.

I also made some calculations and remove some weight from the bike to improve the Acceleration.

Now that i've lost some riding comfort in exchange for a restoration of the bike's performance~90km/hr @ 6.75 kRPM,80km/hr @ 6.25..

Aceleration seems pretty reasonable :bouncefire:

Go Check your tire pressure!

bro, nice job to improve the performance of ur bike...

wat u've mentioned is true, tyre pressure plays an improtant role especially for better fuel effeciency, tyre wear&tear, acceleration, the grip of the tryre onto the road n weather.

Like our bro here, he played around with the pressure of his wheel. honestly for me, i dont take the trouble to check my pressure n calculate the temperature etc. It all depend on the rider on how he/she wants the bike to perform.

as for our bike, maxxis hav really impressed me, it really suits my riding style. I'm not too sure bout scoot tyres out there with lower profile..or softer compound as i like to cut corner. I've scrapped the main stand while cornering to the left n it look ugly now.... wat i'm trying to say is that the bike can corner, but dont do it unless you're confident of it. ehehe

btw, thx bro for the comment... n behind every complaint there's a solution. the more complaints we hav, the more it will benefit us. So, we need your help. ANy more complaints of ur bike??? ehehehe

Originally posted by roadmaster29@Aug 13 2005, 04:21 PM

fyi, actually u've paid for the 46L box. check your receipt. U cant change back to a 46L box once the shipment arrived, unless the shop owner is ur blood brother.. ehehe

wat u can try to do is, to check the price if the 42L box. Maybe the difference u can hav it in cash.

remember, the box n bracker isn't free, u've paid for it bro.

Thks bro for the info i think i gave up liao

I hate those waiting games anyway the 42 still serve me quite ok lah (stop me from overloading my rear weight hehehe)

I think 42 and 46 price was like 10-20 $ diff only so no point for me to play "marble game" with the shop/distributor :smile:

Scoot for L I F E

Confirm:

1. Joyrider/98584352

2. KennySeaw/96238875

4. ralliArt/97632565 (will try to make it down if i book out early, last day of reservist.)

5. Dzqv53/94782686 (Will be there if no OT or craps happen)

6. GTSFreak / 91868332 (Will be there after after the fireworks display)

No Signature