SBF Runners Cafe 2008 - FXR/VXR/RST

szwd

Originally posted by Swann@April 22, 2007 10:01 am

hi, on last tuesday, i went to taihin to fix LV pipe and open pod. I tot everything will be fine but yesterday nite i jus found out tat when u fix open pod, it comes with a small air filter tat was suppose to be fixed onto a tube. I dunno wat this tube for and i discover tat the small air filter was not there. there's been quite an oil stain and it seems to be spurt out from tat tube. Now, I realise tat the air filter was not there the moment i got home on last tuesday. tinkin it might have been fixed somewhere i cant see. i didnt go back. But when i see my frens bike, then i realise it wasnt fixed on my bike at all. I will be goin down to taihin tomoro. Any implications tat will happen while ridin without tat little air filter?

if i not wrong that tube + filter act as a 'breather' for ur engine, seen b4 fix on super 4 and rxz. but need confirmation on tis.

1 thing u shd look out for is water, since its best kept out of ur engine.

coz water + engine oil + engine = $$$$

so cover ur bike today, and head to bike shop the next thing in the morning.

• Replies 9.5k

Originally posted by adrian11@April 22, 2007 04:24 pm

hmm....i'm still new wit runner..so thr's alot of things i dono bout scooter...still on learning stages..previously was riding a Yamaha Lagenda 110cc:smile:

hey me too!! :bouncefire: :bouncefire: :bouncefire:

so u shd be riding a two stroke? maybe u shd check ur plug?

Originally posted by bongstar88@April 22, 2007 04:27 pm

if i not wrong that tube + filter act as a 'breather' for ur engine, seen b4 fix on super 4 and rxz. but need confirmation on tis.

ya2...agree wit wat mr BONGiestar says..water mix engine oil plus go to ur engine cost $$.....get it done up real soon bross....

2006-???? Gilera VXR200 06

Life Goes Onnn....Free ur Mindd...Havoc34!!!!!!!

U'll nver walk alonee..Come on uuuu REDSS!!!!

Originally posted by bongstar88@April 22, 2007 04:27 pm

ya2...agree wit wat mr BONGiestar says..water mix engine oil plus go to ur engine cost $$.....get it done up real soon bross....

2006-???? Gilera VXR200 06

Life Goes Onnn....Free ur Mindd...Havoc34!!!!!!!

U'll nver walk alonee..Come on uuuu REDSS!!!!

Hello peeps,

I'm new here and I've been wanting to get a Gilera Runner for some time liao. Would you guys recommend a 2nd hand model over a brand new one? What's the price difference between a used and a new one? Any good and reliable used bike dealers where I can pop in for a chat?

Thanks in advance.

hi

maybe 1st q u shd ask is whether u want a 2 stroke or a 4.

a 2 stroke will be a petrol drinker, uses 2t, a bit problematic and u won't get a 1st hand unless u want a 50cc 1. (is it a 50cc?) but if taken good care of it .... will smoke any 4 stroke runner anytime ....

4 stroke, well, a bit slower. easier to maintain and 1st hand bike available.

both bikes are fun to ride, tons of modification legal or otherwise. check out the other pages for ur guide.

price will be ard 7.5 to 8+ k for a new one(otr). a 2nd hand depend on modification ard 3+ to 5+ k for both 2 and 4 strokes. there are 2 bros selling their vxr, wargix and quietstorm. check them up. both bikes nicely done up.

whether i wld reco a new or used... well thats personal ... both way if u choose wisely, will be a good buy... so :goodluck: :goodluck:

Originally posted by ronnyz@April 22, 2007 09:16 pm

2 stroke is a petrol drinker?

guess u nid to correct tat sentence..

not true meh? compare any bike of the same class, 2 stroke vs 4 stroke for the fuel consumption. 2 stroke win drinking session anytime.. kekekek!

but its true wat.. example

ktm 250 exc vs ktm 400. obvious!

pgm 4 vs rvf .. obvious!

125z vs spark 135 .. obvious!

imho both runner are drinkers but the two stroke a gulper? hehehe! actually how u want me to correct the sentence? care to enlighten?

Originally posted by simply.ayie@April 22, 2007 09:39 pm

lil shah... i'm ayie... a friend of swann too... i ride gilera also but not much of gilera friends... got lah.. but not very close.. only like 4-5 close ones.. when next gathering?

next gathering..? I dunno... wait until someone organise lor... i also waiting..

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/lilshah/gilera-1.jpg

shah.. i one of d group dat dae u saw with all d ssame shirt.. but im not wearin it cos i not yet take d shirt.. i wearing a shirt with a sweater n a bermudas.. i alwaes saw ur bike at pasir ris opposite d police station.. wat were u doin der??

Ok dudes and dudettes...

This coming SATURDAY (28th April 07), there'll be a gathering of all those riding 06/07 runners. (Of coz other runners can also come... u want to run on your feet also can...)

Meeting Place : Kallang KFC as normal.

Time: 8 pm

We'll meet there first and proceed sumwhere else. Maybe Yishun Dam or something.

1) luqman-98684270

If anyone has any suggestions on anywhere else to meet or where to go, pls do so. And hopefully, we'll have more than 15 runners coming down this saturday...

See you there!

when sia?

Meet up?

we go crash the 06 runners?

:hungry:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Ok dudes and dudettes...

This coming SATURDAY (28th April 07), there'll be a gathering of all those riding 06/07 runners. (Of coz other runners can also come... u want to run on your feet also can...)

We'll meet there first and proceed sumwhere else. Maybe Yishun Dam or something.

1) luqman-98684270

2) bongstar88 - 98253184

sat a bit of prob.. will try my best to come. maybe later.

lilshah> so how abt the thursday thingey? still on or u still angry? hahahaha!!!!

anyone organise, i will definately try my best to support... hehehe!

Originally posted by L Mo@April 22, 2007 10:26 pm

shah.. i one of d group dat dae u saw with all d ssame shirt.. but im not wearin it cos i not yet take d shirt.. i wearing a shirt with a sweater n a bermudas.. i alwaes saw ur bike at pasir ris opposite d police station.. wat were u doin der??

maybe he's an undercover for TP ... u know like spying on us. Just like in the movies....eheheh. Just kiddin.

Ok dudes and dudettes...

1) luqman-98684270

2) bongstar88 - 98253184

3)Bobby-97496319(50-50 not confirm yet...)