SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Varadero 1K

smicerboy

varas> just trying to keep track of where the chairman will be at... :smile:

smicer> will see if we can arrange something when I am back, will leave tonight and back in Singapore on Aug 18 - hopefully with my new fairing in tow...

b good guys

:bounce:

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad response i had for my helmet...post on classified oso bad...:giddy: i guess me got to lower the price...trying to get a touring jacket...

Varas>...hey chairman....wheres our handsome photos???:cheeky: guess i look better on my back...hahahaa Hattyai trip still on??

V1KINGS

simcerboy> hahahaaa photos still with gf. Computer also under repair.. so really cant post it within these few days.. give me a few more days when my comp is back from servicing centre k :smile:

anyway regards to the Hatyai trip, I think most likely its cancel...:cry:

due to bird flu, better dun take the risk... also I am tied down with my work , may even celebrate my national day at work place even. However , should try to squeeze in a short KL trip. No fish , prawn also good rite , hahhaaa :cheeky:

Also my bike condition is not in a good shape to travel far and fast. After the mersing trip , the rear tire has become motor GP kind of tire already. No markings at all !! :giddy:

I still comtemplating to change it or not... as i only gonna use my bike for another month... then may lay up the bike.

VAR-A

Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

V1KINGS

finally changed my tires , good old tourance... but price increased like mad :giddy:

front part still got the same silly wobbling problem , but still the cornering is superb :thumb:

anyway i got lobang for another xtra set. Good price so whoever wanna change , give me a ring . :smile:

Just helping fren to clear stock .

VAR-A

V1KINGS

still looking for activites. How abt a short trip to KL?

I go chio pple see if got kakis not... hehehe

the slicks cost me abt 360. now the price of all rubbers gone up

last time i fix it for 280 nia... damn man

but it cuts corners like hot knife on butter hahaha

VAR-A

V1KINGS

Guest simone

alamak was wonderin where all the big deroes were?? we have a group of baby vara 125 n transalp maybe we can meet up with each other?? here are some pics of our outing at changi village

Originally posted by AfrikaTwin@Aug 5 2004, 06:17 PM

Hi ppl.

I am still here, and haven't met up with any of you ppl.

Any news with the logo? Hv been so busy in my work.

My tires have a long way to go...front Bridgestone Enduro and rear Pirelli (dunno which one...have to check again..). Not as nice and sticky as the Tourance...so too early to change...although the desire to do so is there...

Hey, got hella horn fixed yesterday...nice. LOUD. (at last, there seems to be less deaf ppl in cages from last night. haha!)

So meet for a cuppa tea? I got work on Sunday anyway, so I can't that day. Nat. Day? KL is out for me.

Am waiting for original handlebars and hv been advise to change my steering stems to the original too. Any one wants to try the phantom ones that are installed on mine? A little too much vibration if you are riding long distance (to KL that is)

Hope to meet up some time...

Afrika twin> glad that u r still around...me just bloody blast my air horn during my way back frm work at a toyota corolla..damme it...think he didnt really hear me..dont even bother to say sorry for cutting into my lane suddenly...guess i got to change to a better 1 to scare the sh*t out of him.... :angry:...so far no news on the logo...me no good on design... we should meet up some day..

Varas> Quite a big diff on the rubber man...Why not we meet up with Simone's group of vara in near future?? me KL trip oso ONNS AH... :bouncefire: :bouncefire:

Simone> HI there...Gd idea to meet up...me no problem...when is yr group next meet up??:confused:

V1KINGS

simcerboy> :cry: guess the ride up on national day is off....my passport with british high commision.. still retained for visa purpose... I am still working on it .

the logo , was thinking of our bike outline with VARA under it

Or maybe just a nice tribal V

U shd change to AIRHORNS , that kind that uses air compressor. My fren changed it. Sure wake the dead up man .

Afrika twin> sure we could meet up for coffee.. i will sms u in advance this time hahaha its been a long time since we last met dude

simone>?Hi dude :smile: we will sure update u on any meetings coming up..

VAR-A

V1KINGS

Originally posted by Varas@Aug 9 2004, 11:45 PM

:giddy:

My bike batt just gave up on me man...

now i need to get new batt and rectifer... $$$$ and more $$$$ sucks man

yikes..u too huh...

dat happened to me a month ago..i even tried to get it push started..keke..

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

kenny> wow, u tried to push start the "tank" hahaha

so did u get it alive again ? hehehe

Lucky that day , I ride home with GF to drop my stuff . After I come down restart the bike. "pop" bike died. All instrutmental panels , clock all reset! Cant start the bike at all.. heng at home liao. If not , stranded at some woodland , jurong or even JB , can :cry:

Okay the prelude to having a total dead batt and fried rectifier are

1)the bike will just black out once u try to start up ur bike again after u stop it.

2)After u leave it to rest, try to unscrew and screw back the connecting bolts of the batt, u can start it again.

3)Take out the battt and check for "bloating" if it shown signs of swelling. Its fired!

4)start up the bike , use a multi-meter to check the voltage. It should be flatuating above 13+ volts . As u rev the bike up, the voltage shd go up.If not..

(this point 4 , the voltage part i need to reconfirm as its a long time since I last checked)

well if all the conditions satisfy : congrats , time to change batt and rectifier.

o_O

But fear not , my total cost for changing both is $145 hahaha so not so bad

Simcerboy> check with FJT . I always get my spares there. Not dirt cheap like Ah boy but still reasonable.

Anyone on for any meet up this week?

:thumb:

VAR-A

V1KINGS

Yo fellows

anybody wanna meet up next wk for TCS (talk c*** session)?:thumb:

its being a while since we last met up too. And if u all can, bring ur design for our very own logo along,just anything a sketch on the toilet paper also can hahaha. Time to show ur creativity hehehehe

tentatively would b on a wed? how TGIW hhehehee

place would be pitstop. Till we can find another good spot....:cheeky:

then we could also ask our counterparts to join us.. the baby vara gang

what say u guys?:smile:

VAR-A

V1KINGS

Guest simone
Originally posted by Varas@Aug 13 2004, 11:05 PM

Yo fellows

anybody wanna meet up next wk for TCS (talk c*** session)?:thumb:

its being a while since we last met up too. And if u all can, bring ur design for our very own logo along,just anything a sketch on the toilet paper also can hahaha. Time to show ur creativity hehehehe

tentatively would b on a wed? how TGIW hhehehee

place would be pitstop. Till we can find another good spot....:cheeky:

then we could also ask our counterparts to join us.. the baby vara gang

what say u guys?:smile:

where's pitstop.. wed around wat time.... errr baby varas! eheh.

:cheeky: hope i have not offened anybody ... the vara 125 counterparts. :smile:

anyway here are the details

place : Pitstop (u may need to check the previous threads for road name ,I forgot liao .. KENNY help!!!)

time : 8pm

activities : TCS, showing of logo :thumb: , blah blah blah

btw simone we are trying to come up with a design that symbolise us.

we have chosen VARA to represent us

Varadeo Adventure Riding Asia...(i hope its okay with ur side too)

so now we are thinking of getting it done to be sticker form, then paste on our bikes. So even we cant remember the plate number. Once we see sticker ,we know its our kaki . So we need the design 1st before we could cut the stickers. maybe ur side could help to chip in some ideas

:cheer:

VAR-A

V1KINGS

will be bz next week too...but after dat it's back to school for me..

pitstop is at kandahar street off north bridge road...just think of iraq..kekek

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

its so quiet ...o_O

anybody .....

btw the meeting , i got feedbacks that some got things on wed. Lets set a date whr all could meet up and not rush abt it. :sweat:

the meeting need all to be successful :cheer:

VAR-A

V1KINGS