SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Varadero 1K

smicerboy

smicerboy> hie guys.. hmm was thinking of joining d ride, but due to my fuel pump ok or not? and my chains a bit old ah.. very dirty untill cant clean off d grease.. haha.. u think safe to go? :)

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/dickrid/Picture2362.jpg

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no prob dude:smile:

its not a fast & furious ride, just normal riding . As like in sgp expressway speed.

so its no sweat :sweat:

relax and ez ride...maybe target reach mersing only then u -turn aftet makan.

VAR-A

Varadero Adventure Riders-Asia

V1KINGS

Guys,

Had a bit of an incident on the way home from work today. Knocked a car by its rear light on the sliproad. I am ok, but the front left fairing on my vara is totally cracked and I need to replace, also got a dent in the left side of the radiator. Also waiting for the verdict on the damage for the car tomorrow.

Anyone of you guys have any idea how much this repairwork is going to cost me? Where is the best place to go to have it fixed? I have some experience dealing with Sanfu but do I need to go to Boon Siew for this? Also, depending on how much they quote for the repair on the car - up till what amount is it worth it to settle privately and from what amount may I aswell go through the insurance company?

Heart very heavy tonite... :cry:

Now riding: Honda Varadero XL1000V2

Previous bikes: Honda SuperFour Vtec Spec I - Yamaha LC125

yikes..look on the bright side yeah? at least ur fine and the damage is not too bad...

im not too sure abt the repairs and insurance..perhaps the eldars will answer them..

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

Bagahera> Glad that u r ok..most important thing is that u r fine...Is the back of the car badly damaged?? it maybe cost u around $250-$400 depending on how the damage is being repaired.(respray with dent knock back)Cant give u much advise as i got to see it to judge it...if it is way too much $(800-1000)then i think u better claim on insurance..u will lose yr NCD on yr insurance.

As for yr bike damage...i think u go to a bike shop that u r most comfortable with...if im not wrong...the left faring cost u around $200..

Riddick> join us lah...as wat Varas says...no problem dude...btw..have u change yr fuel pump??

How abt u Kenny???

V1KINGS

bagahera >Bro good to hear tt ur fine but fret not ya try get a 2nd hand on ebay ...the car maybe u should hav followed him to his workshop to get a quotation fr his mechanic ur self or he might jack up the damages???U know wat i mean then if e cost is fine wit u make him sign a letter stating tt he is making personal claim wit full particular so as to ensure he does not make anymore claim fr his & UR insurance....better still if his insurance is fr NTUC there is a form for making personal claim I've read bout making personal claim in the forum try look out 4 it....maybe u guys can correct me if I'm wrong!

Rest of the Deroist >Sorry bout the design i still yet to find time to do it, :btw: jus came back fr trip to Malacca over e weekend.It was nice ridin e VARADERO,tried e top speed of it and was surprise e handling was not wobbly but however e km/l meter was not tt perfect though it kept jumpin abt every 5 sec therefore unable to get a correct readin of it.Does Vara 99-02 have any km/l meter on and if so does it react tt way.Was told by a fellow honda ST13 tt the meter will at least change every 10-15 sec.Thought of goin down to Boon Siew to check wit the Mech.

Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and begin all over again.

Andre GIDE

hi smicerboy..i have to see whether i can make it anot..might have something on..anyway, hope to at least get some breakfast with u guys at maybe kota tinggi? been to this dim sum place there for a few times...kekek..den head up towards mersing for the nice sweeps...

anyways, do u guys have to regularly tighten up your chains? i just tightened up last week and i did 900km over the weekend, and the bloody chain sounds loose already!!

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg

Thanks for your input guys, I will let you know how it goes when I know more. The guy is going down to his mechanic today to get a quote. Do you know of a good mech if I want to take the car for a second opinion?

Bagahera> Bike could be fixed up. But personal damage cant.. I am glad to hear that U r okay.

Is your fairing in a bad shape? If not I think u could sent to bike shop to ask them to putty it, then respray it.

Like what simcerboy said , be prepare to fork out $250-$400.

As the VARADERO sticker itself cost about $56 already.

And if ur raditator is okay except for the dent, not being damaged till its wreck. Try to reuse it , as its not cheap.:sweat:

I had a fall yesterday too,

:sian:

THanks and no thanks to my side panniers. I damaged my wind shield . The rest is okay thanks to panniers.But I had the fall also thanks to the panniers.

Damn man , yesterday is anti-varadero day is it?:giddy:

kenny> The chain for our bikes no need to tighten so much. Just moderately will do. I tighten mine as and when I liked.

:smile: never really notice how much mileage before tightening.

Join us lah, short ride only. I think afternoon we would be back already.

Need u to bring us for tim sum hehehee

Don > ours dun have the km/l function.

We just relied on the low fuel warning light plus experience on how much our fuel could last till dry up.

U wanna join us for 2nd trip ? this sunday . hehehee

VAR-A

V1KINGS

Varas> Bro...Why like that...what happen to u...? i guess u try to squeze tru cars during traffic...??? most importantly u r fine and ok...

Kenny>mine i tighten it a few weeks b4 i fix up the scottoiler...till now still ok to me...now i tink past 2000km of sgp riding liao...

join us for e trip lah....:smile:

Bagahera> U may go to blk 1040,eunos inds ave 4,unit 103-A N W auto service. look for the young boss name Ah Fong..tell him that u r my friend(my name is Johnny if u cant remember) u can call me when u r there if u wan..:smile:

Don Didie>join us man...then we could tak a look at yr FI model...:thumb:

V1KINGS

simcerboy> was dreaming loh, under void deck, then i underestimate my width. So side pannier kanna the pillars . Hence lost balance, then the rest is history. Just got blue black here n there only .hehehe .:smile:

VAR-A

V1KINGS

Thanks guys,

varas> yeah, I think yesterday is really bad for us man. Glad to hear you are ok also - as you say, all the rest can be replaced. Thanks for the tip on the radiator, if it is only dent on outside and still functional I will not change it.

The guy with the car call me ard noon - say it will be $800 to fix up the car. I tell him if it is so much i want to check with my insurance company. 30 min later he call me back and give me exact numbers, is $535. That sounds more reasonable so I agreed to settle privately. I think $205 for the light and $330 for the dent is acceptable lah.

didie> thanks for the tip on the letter to have him sign - I sure will do that. Good idea.

smicer> thanks for the info on the workshop, don't think I will go down now as the price came down, but good info to have!

Take care guys, will feedback my repair costs - I guess this will be one way to find out how much it is right now... Let's learn what we can from it.

Bagahera> bro if u still not comfortable wit the price he state maybe u can bring him to woodland rd near our place there is lots of workshop where u can get e fellow car done...535 still high 4 my liking.but wat the heck if u can settle it jus get it done & settle the damn whole story .Sian man.

Rest> Ok guys will try to book leave this Sunday let u guys know tomorrow. :btw: pls ride safely guys esp on raining days.

Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and begin all over again.

Andre GIDE

yo bagahera... sh*t happens man, but like wat don says, its true, u shud get d repairs cost and stuffs, and let him sign agreements betwn u guys..

ride safely bros...!!

smicer dude.. i'm in for d trip man, but i wanna ask things la bro, u guys bringing partners along or not? and roughly whr r we goin, say, how much to bring? and last of all.. cmon guys, lets make for d trip..!!!!! woohoooo...............

but guys, lets share some secrets on our bikes> they are one heavy bike man, like that time i kena bang by a johor bus, wah... cannot carry sial...

cheers.!!

Bagahera>Up to u to decide to go ahead with the cost of repair of that car...if u can bargain a bit more will b better...$205 for the original signal light is still ok...but $330 for the dent plus respray is a little ex...for knocking n respraying(usually just one layer of spraypaint) is only ar $200+..

Varas>Sometimes in the early morning i oso blur blur n dreaming....be careful next time...:smile: BTW hows the sunday programe like??

Riddick> Me going alone...not sure abt Varas..

:confused:

V1KINGS

Got the agreement form from the NTUC website (have attached it FYI - hope y'all never have to use it though...). Seems to cover everything and is legally binding so can't ask for more I guess.

Took the bike down to the shop last night, am waiting for the verdict on cost and time this afternoon. The mech said the damage is not big deal for him to fix - but I guess it is all in the cost for the spare parts. Any of you got any ideas if these kind of parts are available off the shelf in Singapore or if they have to order it from Honda Japan/Spain wherever?

Have a great ride Sunday guys - sure hope to join y'all next time. Good you all go recci it first... hehe

guys, the ride details as follows

time :0900hrs

meeting point :woodland link, guys pls advise exact location to meet.

activities: makan, ride, refuel , back home

so far,

1)varas

2)simcerboy

3)riddick

4)

VAR-A

V1KINGS

bagahera> what spares u need?

the fairing u could putty and respray it, then reuse.

Just need the original sticker.(cost $56)

But if your fairing is beyond putty repair, its not cheap for a brand new piece.

As for radiator , try not to change it if its still okay. Certainly not cheap, would be in thousand odd figure.

If u need any spares, could give FJT a call 63925928 , or mah (the small shop opposite sim lim tower) 62944048.

So far I think they are the shops that got ready stock and prices are reasonable.

Let me know if u need any more help :smile:

VAR-A

V1KINGS

Originally posted by Varas@Jul 21 2004, 09:05 AM

guys, the ride details as follows

time :0900hrs

meeting point :woodland link, guys pls advise exact location to meet.

activities: makan, ride, refuel , back home

so far,

1)varas

2)simcerboy

3)riddick

4)

Varas> i tot we meeting at gelang patah petronas??:confused:

if we r meeting at woodland checkpoint...then i guess we meet at the imigration card collection point...? ok:confused:

V1KINGS

hmmm tot we meeting at petronas too..anw, fyi, if u guys bringing yr side boxes to woodlands chkpt, d jb customs side cant fit into our boxes, got to go thru malysia bike lane... anw, u bringing partner?

Riddick & simcerboy> Because its nearer to reach mersing by the woodland link. The 2nd link is too far .

So I comfirm , its WOODLAND LINK.

We meet at the Immigration Collection Point then.

Riddick>I not comfriming bringing GF along, Will ask her and see how by tomorrow.

Its been a while I been into msia thru WL link. Cant go in with side box?:giddy:

my width is really wide man ....

VAR-A

V1KINGS

our bike cant really go tru woodland checkpoint bike lane with side panniers on...me try it once...side panniers rub tru the centre n side barrier..:giddy: but i heard frm my friend that we could use the lanes for car oso..he saw lots of goldwing using it b4...so i guess it shouldnt be a problem..btw i will not b bringing my side panniers...

i guess we got to go certain distance up if we got to pump petronas...around Carrefour area...correct me if im wrong...

ok set...we will meet at Immigration card collection point...9am:thumb:

V1KINGS

Originally posted by Varas@Jul 21 2004, 09:12 AM

bagahera> what spares u need?

the fairing u could putty and respray it, then reuse.

Just need the original sticker.(cost $56)

But if your fairing is beyond putty repair, its not cheap for a brand new piece.

As for radiator , try not to change it if its still okay. Certainly not cheap, would be in thousand odd figure.

If u need any spares, could give FJT a call 63925928 , or mah (the small shop opposite sim lim tower) 62944048.

So far I think they are the shops that got ready stock and prices are reasonable.

Let me know if u need any more help :smile:

Varas,

So far this is the feedback and prices i got:

left front fairing: $650 - mech told me today after checking only have orange color stock in Singapore - would respray it to black - would that turn out ok? He says if I want the black one have to order from Italy (I thought it was made in Spain?) and it could be $1000+. I am currently checking with David Silverspares and will check the contacts you gave me also. I think it is beyond repair, cracked quite bad and all the parts that was attached to the bike gave way and cracked. The inside cover also dropped out.

radiator: $620 - mech told me have to change this one or can hurt engine. When I rode the bike over to the bike shop last night it seemed to me that the engine did not get any more hot than normally. Would it hurt to keep the old one on and monitor? As long as the engine does not overheat it should not affect it right?

there is a couple of smaller parts at $58 and $42 ea that also need to change but the main cost seem to be the ones above. If you got any contacts for these pls let me know.