SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Trip Report] MHS Loop & Golden Triangle : 25 Dec 2006 to 7 Jan 2007

YZFx

Originally posted by luminox@April 14, 2007 02:22 pm

when i over run my riding schedule,i'll just pop into a 24 hrs PTT satation n spend my night there. U've got a 7-11 at your disposal(i sleep right outside it),big toilets,food on demand. u'll get an endless flow of people coming in n out,so your scenery always changes.

Very good tip dude, never tot of that :thumb:

but only in thailand i guess....otherwise tio hoot, rape, rob...

o_O

Honda ..................and nothing else

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@April 15, 2007 07:49 pm

Very high now haha...keep thinking and doing last minute preps.

Work stuffs also cannot finish, tentatively 20th+ going in liao.

Last minute tot of dont bring my gps...tot of getting lost like u mentioned :p

just bring maps.

Wanna ask u, what kinda air pump u bring in?

I got the tyre level tools and air canister pump,

maybe get a hand pump better

U busy with stuffs?

kind of busy with both works... when will u be back?

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@April 15, 2007 07:52 pm

Very good tip dude, never tot of that :thumb:

but only in thailand i guess....otherwise tio hoot, rape, rob...

o_O

It is not Los Angeles, no worries at all.

Thailand is a country with rich culture, and Thai people are probably the nicest Southeast Asians u'll find. To be specific, i didnt park at one gas station the entire nite till daybreak. I hop from station to station, ride 1 hr, rest 2 hrs, just to pass time n cover some mileage. U can actually ride n rest from 8pm to 4am( when it gets awfully dark n bloody cold! ), then i stop n sleep till the birds start singing.

Disclaimer here though, i was raised in wretched environment and am totally at home with this practice. So in the case that u tried it n don't fancy it, pls refrain from cursing me.

ride safe n take care.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1897/picture3cd5.png

Originally posted by luminox@April 18, 2007 06:02 am

It is not Los Angeles, no worries at all.

Thailand is a country with rich culture, and Thai people are probably the nicest Southeast Asians u'll find. To be specific, i didnt park at one gas station the entire nite till daybreak. I hop from station to station, ride 1 hr, rest 2 hrs, just to pass time n cover some mileage. U can actually ride n rest from 8pm to 4am( when it gets awfully dark n bloody cold! ), then i stop n sleep till the birds start singing.

Disclaimer here though, i was raised in wretched environment and am totally at home with this practice. So in the case that u tried it n don't fancy it, pls refrain from cursing me.

ride safe n take care.

yup.. thai are really nice ppl... and i also know some people who does the same thing as u... stay overnight at petrol station.. respect man...

hey KW , how have u been?

actually ,i ride overnight becoz i ride very relax in the day,every now n then stop to eat,drink,smoke and talk to the nice Thai people, so always end up never reach my destination by dayfall!

and becoz i so relaxed during the day ,so not very tired,can keep going. plus if i check into the guesthouse juz to sleep n check out early next morning, i might as well spend the guesthouse money at the pump stations. (actually i spend more ,alot of nice food! haha)

it's always the 930km stretch from BKK to Hatyai i ride overnight,coz in the day the roads very hot n boring. it's fun coz got alot of overnite travellers on tour buses to Hua Hin, Surat n Hatyai will keep u company on the road. I personally find it the best way to cover this stretch,especially if u r riding alone.

i am also influenced by friends who just cant seem to stop riding once they get on, eg SGP-->Chiang Mai in 36 hrs, no-rush-no-fuss day n nite type of riding.(avg speed 90-110km/h).

dun say liao,i start to get itchy to go riding liao..

Originally posted by luminox@April 19, 2007 05:17 am

hey KW , how have u been?

actually ,i ride overnight becoz i ride very relax in the day,every now n then stop to eat,drink,smoke and talk to the nice Thai people, so always end up never reach my destination by dayfall!

and becoz i so relaxed during the day ,so not very tired,can keep going. plus if i check into the guesthouse juz to sleep n check out early next morning, i might as well spend the guesthouse money at the pump stations. (actually i spend more ,alot of nice food! haha)

it's always the 930km stretch from BKK to Hatyai i ride overnight,coz in the day the roads very hot n boring. it's fun coz got alot of overnite travellers on tour buses to Hua Hin, Surat n Hatyai will keep u company on the road. I personally find it the best way to cover this stretch,especially if u r riding alone.

i am also influenced by friends who just cant seem to stop riding once they get on, eg SGP-->Chiang Mai in 36 hrs, no-rush-no-fuss day n nite type of riding.(avg speed 90-110km/h).

dun say liao,i start to get itchy to go riding liao..

HI,

I have been very busy. Wish that I have more time on hand.... and more money too.. hahaha.... How about u?? How are u?

Well, getting itchy?? PLanning to ride somewhere??

As for me, I would prefer to sleep and not ride in the night unless i do not have a choice. But I agree with you that riding in the night has it fun too. haha.. Yup, BKK to Hatyai is damn boring, I could not agree further

So, hows your friend? Has he reply to u yet?

Originally posted by MiddleAgedBiker@April 13, 2007 10:15 am

I'm new to this area of the forum, but YZFx mentioned that he was inspired by other people's write up and photos to do his rides.

Does anyone know where I could go to read those writeups? It's a great escape from working life...

hey... check it out here... he's the man who got me started....

http://zeevincez.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and see the post FB666Y

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@April 15, 2007 07:49 pm

Very high now haha...keep thinking and doing last minute preps.

Work stuffs also cannot finish, tentatively 20th+ going in liao.

Last minute tot of dont bring my gps...tot of getting lost like u mentioned :p

just bring maps.

Wanna ask u, what kinda air pump u bring in?

I got the tyre level tools and air canister pump,

maybe get a hand pump better

U busy with stuffs?

hey.. tml is the 20th already... u feeling the heat already?? wahahahaha... I will be damn excited now if i m u...

do keep us update k... ride safe... n keep in contact

Originally posted by YZFx@April 19, 2007 05:04 pm

hey.. tml is the 20th already... u feeling the heat already?? wahahahaha... I will be damn excited now if i m u...

do keep us update k... ride safe... n keep in contact

i saw yr face & 3 page report on yr vietnam trip in Motor Culture magazine issue no.3. In fact I scanned into soft copy. They pay you well for this?

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Originally posted by tt6389@April 19, 2007 06:40 pm

i saw yr face & 3 page report on yr vietnam trip in Motor Culture magazine issue no.3. In fact I scanned into soft copy. They pay you well for this?

Nope.... they did not pay me for it... :sweat: Why?

Btw, why did u scan it into softcopy?? :confused: Just curious.

i'm fine thank you. just making ends meet.

havent actually thought anywhere just yet, though of coz Thailand will always be a sentimental favourite.

have been flirting with the idea of shipping my bike to Medan,Indonesia and tour there.

Nope , i havent heard from him since, we correspond once every few months.

take care.

Originally posted by YZFx@April 19, 2007 06:50 pm

Nope.... they did not pay me for it... :sweat: Why?

Btw, why did u scan it into softcopy?? :confused: Just curious.

i scanned coz the magazine belong to my colleague. I think the magazine writeout more detail than yr forum writeout. Dun tell me you didn't write those stuff yrself? :confused:

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Originally posted by tt6389@April 20, 2007 09:56 am

i scanned coz the magazine belong to my colleague. I think the magazine writeout more detail than yr forum writeout. Dun tell me you didn't write those stuff yrself? :confused:

ofcourse I wrote it myself... But I am not the type of people who likes to write alot... so i wrote that coz they ask me if i can write up an article for them to publish...

as for my blog/forum, I believe that a picture speaks a thousand words.. that is y i put up more pictures with captions than i write... Dont u think pictures are more interesting than words???

Originally posted by luminox@April 20, 2007 05:09 am

i'm fine thank you. just making ends meet.

havent actually thought anywhere just yet, though of coz Thailand will always be a sentimental favourite.

have been flirting with the idea of shipping my bike to Medan,Indonesia and tour there.

Nope , i havent heard from him since, we correspond once every few months.

take care.

Glad to hear that u r doing well... indonesia?? i have thought of that too.. but would still prefer other countries first :sweat:

Originally posted by YZFx@April 20, 2007 05:34 pm

ofcourse I wrote it myself... But I am not the type of people who likes to write alot... so i wrote that coz they ask me if i can write up an article for them to publish...

as for my blog/forum, I believe that a picture speaks a thousand words.. that is y i put up more pictures with captions than i write... Dont u think pictures are more interesting than words???

i am disappointed motor culture issue 4 & 5 dun hv any write out on oversea bike trips by singaporeans. If they pay well, then i am sure more ppl will write for them.

:giddy:

Originally posted by tt6389@April 22, 2007 11:39 pm

i am disappointed motor culture issue 4 & 5 dun hv any write out on oversea bike trips by singaporeans. If they pay well, then i am sure more ppl will write for them.

Hi tt6389

where is that beautiful place in your signature?

Originally posted by MiddleAgedBiker@April 23, 2007 09:20 am

Hi tt6389

where is that beautiful place in your signature?

its at the end of marsiling lane, next to woodland causeway.

Originally posted by tt6389@April 22, 2007 11:39 pm

well.... maybe when they start earning more they will.. as for now.. they just start not too long ago... so i dont know if they have break even....

Originally posted by CLAriSsA@April 24, 2007 10:12 am

oooH, u R tHe one in the magazinE? I aM sO inspired by tHe plaCes U go,so keWL...hehE

I LikE to rIde to Thai 1 day,But neeD to Get a biGger bikE 1st...sigh...I finD u foR aDviCe When i Go oKie?

keep the spirit flying high!!!!

Sawadee Krup from hatyai :cheer:

Yo Kw, forget to ask u where exactly to get the Mae Hon Son certe

Is there a road name? Anyway, no problem if u cant find it...

its not important for me just for the fun of it niah...

Im still in hatyai after yet another 17 hr ride lol...I tot I ride faster liao

...end up still take 17 hr :p ...basically fall sick when I reach..k.o. 1 whole

day ...old rider problem.

Tomorrow riding to Ranong stay 1 day, then hua hin 1 day...my nighthwak very

turtle speed de....

Check back with u when I relax at net cafe again...cheers!

:cheer:

Honda ..................and nothing else