[Trip Report] MHS Loop & Golden Triangle : 25 Dec 2006 to 7 Jan 2007

YZFx

Originally posted by luminox@April 14, 2007 02:22 pm

when i over run my riding schedule,i'll just pop into a 24 hrs PTT satation n spend my night there. U've got a 7-11 at your disposal(i sleep right outside it),big toilets,food on demand. u'll get an endless flow of people coming in n out,so your scenery always changes.

Very good tip dude, never tot of that :thumb:

but only in thailand i guess....otherwise tio hoot, rape, rob...

o_O

Honda ..................and nothing else

• Replies 118

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@April 15, 2007 07:49 pm

Very high now haha...keep thinking and doing last minute preps.

Work stuffs also cannot finish, tentatively 20th+ going in liao.

Last minute tot of dont bring my gps...tot of getting lost like u mentioned :p

just bring maps.

Wanna ask u, what kinda air pump u bring in?

I got the tyre level tools and air canister pump,

maybe get a hand pump better

U busy with stuffs?

kind of busy with both works... when will u be back?

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@April 15, 2007 07:52 pm

Very good tip dude, never tot of that :thumb:

but only in thailand i guess....otherwise tio hoot, rape, rob...

o_O

It is not Los Angeles, no worries at all.

Thailand is a country with rich culture, and Thai people are probably the nicest Southeast Asians u'll find. To be specific, i didnt park at one gas station the entire nite till daybreak. I hop from station to station, ride 1 hr, rest 2 hrs, just to pass time n cover some mileage. U can actually ride n rest from 8pm to 4am( when it gets awfully dark n bloody cold! ), then i stop n sleep till the birds start singing.

Disclaimer here though, i was raised in wretched environment and am totally at home with this practice. So in the case that u tried it n don't fancy it, pls refrain from cursing me.

ride safe n take care.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1897/picture3cd5.png

Originally posted by luminox@April 18, 2007 06:02 am

It is not Los Angeles, no worries at all.

Thailand is a country with rich culture, and Thai people are probably the nicest Southeast Asians u'll find. To be specific, i didnt park at one gas station the entire nite till daybreak. I hop from station to station, ride 1 hr, rest 2 hrs, just to pass time n cover some mileage. U can actually ride n rest from 8pm to 4am( when it gets awfully dark n bloody cold! ), then i stop n sleep till the birds start singing.

Disclaimer here though, i was raised in wretched environment and am totally at home with this practice. So in the case that u tried it n don't fancy it, pls refrain from cursing me.

ride safe n take care.

yup.. thai are really nice ppl... and i also know some people who does the same thing as u... stay overnight at petrol station.. respect man...

hey KW , how have u been?

actually ,i ride overnight becoz i ride very relax in the day,every now n then stop to eat,drink,smoke and talk to the nice Thai people, so always end up never reach my destination by dayfall!

and becoz i so relaxed during the day ,so not very tired,can keep going. plus if i check into the guesthouse juz to sleep n check out early next morning, i might as well spend the guesthouse money at the pump stations. (actually i spend more ,alot of nice food! haha)

it's always the 930km stretch from BKK to Hatyai i ride overnight,coz in the day the roads very hot n boring. it's fun coz got alot of overnite travellers on tour buses to Hua Hin, Surat n Hatyai will keep u company on the road. I personally find it the best way to cover this stretch,especially if u r riding alone.

i am also influenced by friends who just cant seem to stop riding once they get on, eg SGP-->Chiang Mai in 36 hrs, no-rush-no-fuss day n nite type of riding.(avg speed 90-110km/h).

dun say liao,i start to get itchy to go riding liao..

Originally posted by luminox@April 19, 2007 05:17 am

hey KW , how have u been?

actually ,i ride overnight becoz i ride very relax in the day,every now n then stop to eat,drink,smoke and talk to the nice Thai people, so always end up never reach my destination by dayfall!

and becoz i so relaxed during the day ,so not very tired,can keep going. plus if i check into the guesthouse juz to sleep n check out early next morning, i might as well spend the guesthouse money at the pump stations. (actually i spend more ,alot of nice food! haha)

it's always the 930km stretch from BKK to Hatyai i ride overnight,coz in the day the roads very hot n boring. it's fun coz got alot of overnite travellers on tour buses to Hua Hin, Surat n Hatyai will keep u company on the road. I personally find it the best way to cover this stretch,especially if u r riding alone.

i am also influenced by friends who just cant seem to stop riding once they get on, eg SGP-->Chiang Mai in 36 hrs, no-rush-no-fuss day n nite type of riding.(avg speed 90-110km/h).

dun say liao,i start to get itchy to go riding liao..

HI,

I have been very busy. Wish that I have more time on hand.... and more money too.. hahaha.... How about u?? How are u?

Well, getting itchy?? PLanning to ride somewhere??

As for me, I would prefer to sleep and not ride in the night unless i do not have a choice. But I agree with you that riding in the night has it fun too. haha.. Yup, BKK to Hatyai is damn boring, I could not agree further

So, hows your friend? Has he reply to u yet?

Originally posted by MiddleAgedBiker@April 13, 2007 10:15 am

I'm new to this area of the forum, but YZFx mentioned that he was inspired by other people's write up and photos to do his rides.

Does anyone know where I could go to read those writeups? It's a great escape from working life...

hey... check it out here... he's the man who got me started....

http://zeevincez.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and see the post FB666Y

Originally posted by Nighthawk_250@April 15, 2007 07:49 pm

Very high now haha...keep thinking and doing last minute preps.

Work stuffs also cannot finish, tentatively 20th+ going in liao.

Last minute tot of dont bring my gps...tot of getting lost like u mentioned :p

just bring maps.

Wanna ask u, what kinda air pump u bring in?

I got the tyre level tools and air canister pump,

maybe get a hand pump better

U busy with stuffs?

hey.. tml is the 20th already... u feeling the heat already?? wahahahaha... I will be damn excited now if i m u...

do keep us update k... ride safe... n keep in contact

Originally posted by YZFx@April 19, 2007 05:04 pm

hey.. tml is the 20th already... u feeling the heat already?? wahahahaha... I will be damn excited now if i m u...

do keep us update k... ride safe... n keep in contact

i saw yr face & 3 page report on yr vietnam trip in Motor Culture magazine issue no.3. In fact I scanned into soft copy. They pay you well for this?

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

Originally posted by tt6389@April 19, 2007 06:40 pm

i saw yr face & 3 page report on yr vietnam trip in Motor Culture magazine issue no.3. In fact I scanned into soft copy. They pay you well for this?

Nope.... they did not pay me for it... :sweat: Why?

Btw, why did u scan it into softcopy?? :confused: Just curious.

i'm fine thank you. just making ends meet.

havent actually thought anywhere just yet, though of coz Thailand will always be a sentimental favourite.

have been flirting with the idea of shipping my bike to Medan,Indonesia and tour there.

Nope , i havent heard from him since, we correspond once every few months.

take care.

Originally posted by YZFx@April 19, 2007 06:50 pm

Nope.... they did not pay me for it... :sweat: Why?

Btw, why did u scan it into softcopy?? :confused: Just curious.

i scanned coz the magazine belong to my colleague. I think the magazine writeout more detail than yr forum writeout. Dun tell me you didn't write those stuff yrself? :confused:

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Originally posted by tt6389@April 20, 2007 09:56 am

i scanned coz the magazine belong to my colleague. I think the magazine writeout more detail than yr forum writeout. Dun tell me you didn't write those stuff yrself? :confused:

ofcourse I wrote it myself... But I am not the type of people who likes to write alot... so i wrote that coz they ask me if i can write up an article for them to publish...

as for my blog/forum, I believe that a picture speaks a thousand words.. that is y i put up more pictures with captions than i write... Dont u think pictures are more interesting than words???

Originally posted by luminox@April 20, 2007 05:09 am

i'm fine thank you. just making ends meet.

havent actually thought anywhere just yet, though of coz Thailand will always be a sentimental favourite.

have been flirting with the idea of shipping my bike to Medan,Indonesia and tour there.

Nope , i havent heard from him since, we correspond once every few months.

take care.

Glad to hear that u r doing well... indonesia?? i have thought of that too.. but would still prefer other countries first :sweat:

Originally posted by YZFx@April 20, 2007 05:34 pm

ofcourse I wrote it myself... But I am not the type of people who likes to write alot... so i wrote that coz they ask me if i can write up an article for them to publish...

as for my blog/forum, I believe that a picture speaks a thousand words.. that is y i put up more pictures with captions than i write... Dont u think pictures are more interesting than words???

i am disappointed motor culture issue 4 & 5 dun hv any write out on oversea bike trips by singaporeans. If they pay well, then i am sure more ppl will write for them.

Originally posted by tt6389@April 22, 2007 11:39 pm

i am disappointed motor culture issue 4 & 5 dun hv any write out on oversea bike trips by singaporeans. If they pay well, then i am sure more ppl will write for them.

Hi tt6389

where is that beautiful place in your signature?

Originally posted by MiddleAgedBiker@April 23, 2007 09:20 am

Hi tt6389

where is that beautiful place in your signature?

its at the end of marsiling lane, next to woodland causeway.

Originally posted by tt6389@April 22, 2007 11:39 pm

well.... maybe when they start earning more they will.. as for now.. they just start not too long ago... so i dont know if they have break even....

Originally posted by CLAriSsA@April 24, 2007 10:12 am

oooH, u R tHe one in the magazinE? I aM sO inspired by tHe plaCes U go,so keWL...hehE

I LikE to rIde to Thai 1 day,But neeD to Get a biGger bikE 1st...sigh...I finD u foR aDviCe When i Go oKie?

keep the spirit flying high!!!!

Sawadee Krup from hatyai :cheer:

Yo Kw, forget to ask u where exactly to get the Mae Hon Son certe

Is there a road name? Anyway, no problem if u cant find it...

its not important for me just for the fun of it niah...

Im still in hatyai after yet another 17 hr ride lol...I tot I ride faster liao

...end up still take 17 hr :p ...basically fall sick when I reach..k.o. 1 whole

day ...old rider problem.

Tomorrow riding to Ranong stay 1 day, then hua hin 1 day...my nighthwak very

turtle speed de....

Check back with u when I relax at net cafe again...cheers!

Honda ..................and nothing else