SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

Anyone interested to trade. Looking for NC700 or 750. Willing to top up cash.

2004 Hayabusa gen 1, COE 2024, for only $10,000.

Mileage: 151077km.

Various parts replaced with new ones. Receipt proof available.

New disc brakes

Front and rear brake pistons serviced

Recently serviced front forks

Throttle body sync

Valve clearance using Motorvac Carbonclean

New clutch plates

GI Pro Gear indicator with ATRE(Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator)

Power Commander 5

Top overhaul

Full wrap by 219 motor shop

New clutch pump kit

Bike fully paid. Selling because everyday route is only to my wife's workplace and mine.

Do call, msg or whatsapp for more info. HP: 81000482.

10981740_693217984157808_1751010073778355244_n.jpg10628443_693218330824440_1639208093764426777_n.jpg10408715_693218607491079_2136886364570792713_n.jpg11081333_693218417491098_901466060047719522_n.jpg13184_693218554157751_7795595126054481394_n.jpg

Edited by mdfirdauskamsani

Did has been posted in the NC Facebook page, but just posting here to raise awareness.

Hi guys, my dad has recently picked up a secondhand motorcycle a few days ago, a 2013 NC700X.

However, the next day when we were looking through the Transfer of Ownership form, we noticed that the motorcycle had been registered under NC700XD instead, which is a totally different model with a Dual Clutch Transmission. (DCT) (Note, our bike is the NC700X, non-DCT version.)

Now, on paper, the value of these bikes are priced differently, i.e the NC700XD has a higher open market value and machine price as compared to the NC700X.

I have a few concerns regarding this:

1) Is this a typo error for my motorcycle or a batch issue?

2) Regardless, doesn't this mean that the GST and ARF paid for my motorcycle (NC700X) is actually HIGHER than what it should be, since the bike was incorrectly registered under a MORE EXPENSIVE MODEL? What does this mean for motorcycle dealers or shops who have been paying higher taxes for bikes which are registered incorrectly?

3) Since insurance premiums are also pegged to the value of the motorcycle (since they access LTA's database) does this also mean that myself (and many others) could potentially be paying higher premiums than they actually should? (I checkde online, there IS a difference between premiums betwen the NC700X and NC700XD)

Now, this issue may just be an isolated case for my motorcycle, or it could be a batch issue, or it could be a prevailing problem across the motorcycle and car industry, especially those models with different variants. (E.g. Aprilia Shiver and Aprilia Shiver GT, NC700X and NC700XA etc.)

Can I just request those who have bikes with different versions (i.e. ABS vs Non-ABS, Manual vs Automatic transmission) and thus different prices to check their ownership deed carefully.

If this is widespread, how much have motorcycle shops (and thus buyers) been paying in additional taxes, GST, ARF, and have we have been paying more for insurance premiums for bikes which are "on-paper" more expensive than what it really is? Why hasn't this serious issue been addressed before?

Edit: OMV is declared on import, and thus GST/ARF might not be affected by this. But our insurance plans are, because insurance companies access your bike's data via your number plate, and if it's registered in LTA under a different model, then your insurance plan will be charged as such.

Edited by imjustin

Did has been posted in the NC Facebook page, but just posting here to raise awareness.

Hi guys, my dad has recently picked up a secondhand motorcycle a few days ago, a 2013 NC700X.

However, the next day when we were looking through the Transfer of Ownership form, we noticed that the motorcycle had been registered under NC700XD instead, which is a totally different model with a Dual Clutch Transmission. (DCT) (Note, our bike is the NC700X, non-DCT version.)

Now, on paper, the value of these bikes are priced differently, i.e the NC700XD has a higher open market value and machine price as compared to the NC700X.

I have a few concerns regarding this:

1) Is this a typo error for my motorcycle or a batch issue?

2) Regardless, doesn't this mean that the GST and ARF paid for my motorcycle (NC700X) is actually HIGHER than what it should be, since the bike was incorrectly registered under a MORE EXPENSIVE MODEL? What does this mean for motorcycle dealers or shops who have been paying higher taxes for bikes which are registered incorrectly?

3) Since insurance premiums are also pegged to the value of the motorcycle (since they access LTA's database) does this also mean that myself (and many others) could potentially be paying higher premiums than they actually should? (I checkde online, there IS a difference between premiums betwen the NC700X and NC700XD)

Now, this issue may just be an isolated case for my motorcycle, or it could be a batch issue, or it could be a prevailing problem across the motorcycle and car industry, especially those models with different variants. (E.g. Aprilia Shiver and Aprilia Shiver GT, NC700X and NC700XA etc.)

Can I just request those who have bikes with different versions (i.e. ABS vs Non-ABS, Manual vs Automatic transmission) and thus different prices to check their ownership deed carefully.

If this is widespread, how much have motorcycle shops (and thus buyers) been paying in additional taxes, GST, ARF, and have we have been paying more for insurance premiums for bikes which are "on-paper" more expensive than what it really is? Why hasn't this serious issue been addressed before?

Edit: OMV is declared on import, and thus GST/ARF might not be affected by this. But our insurance plans are, because insurance companies access your bike's data via your number plate, and if it's registered in LTA under a different model, then your insurance plan will be charged as such.

No one else?

I'm going down to LTA to clarify this issue. I might have to write in to BoonSiew/Honda to get official proof that my chassis number is indeed a NC700X and not a NC700XD. I will be seeking a refund for insurance premium (if any), and so will the previous owner of the motorcycle, whom I have contacted.

No one else here interested? Or am I the only one.

Thanks Man.

Have now fitted Centre Stand, Crash Bar and radiator protection :)

Next up will be the rear hugger and possibly front extender.

frankly speaking mainstand, crash bar is the essential. fender extender for the front, rear hugger and radiator protection would be good too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Annual SGNC ride to batu layar & lunch at Kong kong

itinerary:

â– 0800hrs: We meet at GP Petronas

â– 0900hrs: We ride up to batu layar beach chill (stop at petrol station buy drinks & snacks)

â– 1100hrs: Reach batu layar chill, TCC, take group photos

â– 1230hrs: We proceed to Kong Kong for seafood lunch (approximately each person 30-40RM)

â– 1330hrs: Reach Kong Kong for lunchtime (on-going to Kong Kong restaurants whoever want to test our bike for chop2 off road we can detour.. the rest can wait by the road side or join the fun)

â– 1500hrs: Proceed back 2nd link

â– 1700hrs: Reach GP petrol top up petrol

â– 1800-1900hrs: Home sweet home

Tentatively on 19 September

Pls refer to our Facebook page for updates!

glad u enjoy the bike :thumb:

godsendworks for custom radiator cover, or r&g radiator cover, belwin motor also got radiator cover or can buy online for assorted brands of radiator cover. last but not least diy. as for head light protector u can find power bronze ones or custom made metal grill types from ah ann's bike fabricator.

• 2 weeks later...