SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

Guys i'll put up a list of what we are looking for in the market and if we can mass order them at reasonable prices with the number of interested parties for quotation if possible... lets share the joy as the accessories are not ez to find, let help each other :angel: feel free to add on items and names, lets keep this template updated

Mass ordering list for accessories of NCX/NCS REFERENCE

PUIG WINDSHIELD:

1. kmjoe (puig light smoked windshield for NCX)

2. nick_lee (puig light smoked windshield for NCX)

H&B TOP CASE RACK + BOX:

1. kmjoe (h&b rack + junior tc45 for NCX)

2. samson (h&b rack + junior tc45 for NCX)

H&B CRASH BAR:

1. kmjoe (NCX)

Any indicative price for the crash bar?

Haven't got chance to update you guys, been busy with work and running around like a mad dog.

Came back from work early last night and rode back home. Along the expressway at speed around 80km/hr, felt my handlebar shaked abit and a loud sound from underneath. Felt something amissed and stopped along the shoulder. Bend down and my worst fear came true. Saw liquid dripping down. One touch and smell, it's engine oil.

Immediately stopped the engine and did an engine oil level check, still at max. Started the bike and exited the next exit and went to an area with brighter lighting. Removed my lower culling with the tool kit provided and trace the engine oil leakage. It was coming between engine block and side casing. An object should have spun out from the front wheels, broke through the plastic culling and hit the bracket securing the culling and holding the bottom of the coolant reservoir tank that was attached to the engine. This bracket 'split' and part of it hit the engine block. A piece of the engine block with secures the engine casing had broken off and engine oil was leaking through the gasket.

Bike is now with Boon Siew. Had a talk to Mr Toh, whom i supposed is the chief mechanic. Had a good discussion on what type of repairs are possible and recovery plan. Currently he is seeking options on how the repair can be done. If this option fails, they would need to change the entire engine block which will cost me a bomb and up to 6-7 weeks in Boon Siew as the engine block would probably arrive on our shores in around 4 weeks after they indent from Japan.

Mood now is super low. Just collecting the bike for 2 days with barely 70km clocked, the bike hasn't even got a chance to use a minute of season parking!

Hope you guys have a heads-up. I will be sourcing a metal belly pan/ engine plate to prevent incident from happening again. In the meantime, ride safe and enjoy your NCs.

Haven't got chance to update you guys, been busy with work and running around like a mad dog.

Came back from work early last night and rode back home. Along the expressway at speed around 80km/hr, felt my handlebar shaked abit and a loud sound from underneath. Felt something amissed and stopped along the shoulder. Bend down and my worst fear came true. Saw liquid dripping down. One touch and smell, it's engine oil.

Immediately stopped the engine and did an engine oil level check, still at max. Started the bike and exited the next exit and went to an area with brighter lighting. Removed my lower culling with the tool kit provided and trace the engine oil leakage. It was coming between engine block and side casing. An object should have spun out from the front wheels, broke through the plastic culling and hit the bracket securing the culling and holding the bottom of the coolant reservoir tank that was attached to the engine. This bracket 'split' and part of it hit the engine block. A piece of the engine block with secures the engine casing had broken off and engine oil was leaking through the gasket.

Bike is now with Boon Siew. Had a talk to Mr Toh, whom i supposed is the chief mechanic. Had a good discussion on what type of repairs are possible and recovery plan. Currently he is seeking options on how the repair can be done. If this option fails, they would need to change the entire engine block which will cost me a bomb and up to 6-7 weeks in Boon Siew as the engine block would probably arrive on our shores in around 4 weeks after they indent from Japan.

Mood now is super low. Just collecting the bike for 2 days with barely 70km clocked, the bike hasn't even got a chance to use a minute of season parking!

Hope you guys have a heads-up. I will be sourcing a metal belly pan/ engine plate to prevent incident from happening again. In the meantime, ride safe and enjoy your NCs.

i feel u bro.. btw urs is a NCS or a NCX?

cant the warranty be used for dis kind of issue?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

"Let them hate provided they fear"

omg so sad to hear that man... hope can claim warranty, the bike is not suppose to be this fragile... but changing to a metal belly pan will be a great way to prevent such incident... holy sheep now im afraid to go long distance w this bike

dun mind asking did u hit an object or smthg that cause the bracket to split open..

any pixs to share?? the ground clearance for the NCX is slightly taller compared to the NCS..

hope ur bike would will have a speedy recovery..

"Let them hate provided they fear"

thanks for the kind words guys. Warranty is going to be an issue. I did brought up the topic of the engine casing, which is aluminum based thought lightweight, hard but is brittle. Yes, the bike shouldn't be that fragile. Imagine if this can happen on Singapore roads, imagine riding on Malaysian and Thai roads. I don't think I have the confidence to go touring with this bike.

Mine is a NCX btw. I believe a fender extender may help or a metal belly pan even better! Will be writing in to boon siew when I get their recommendation and quotes for the repair and see we can move on.

wish u luck bro! really hope the warranty can cover the repair... if boon siew doesnt allow that, bring it up to international honda.

was trying to find a skidplate(the metal belly pan) for nc700x but cant seem to find any manufacturer selling it... i do believe it was used in a concept accessorized ncx but unknown source

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/NC700X_c02.jpg

wish u luck bro! really hope the warranty can cover the repair... if boon siew doesnt allow that, bring it up to international honda.

was trying to find a skidplate(the metal belly pan) for nc700x but cant seem to find any manufacturer selling it... i do believe it was used in a concept accessorized ncx but unknown source

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/kmjoe/NC700X_c02.jpg

What do you think should be basis of warranty claim? That damage was caused by normal riding and that no form of protection was designed to protect the engine against stones and debri on roads?

I did remember seeing the metal belly pan while reading through the Internet before I decided to buy. Now, I can't seem to recall what website was it. Last resort is to get a fabricated piece to attach to the lower culling.

I went to look at the bracket below the radiator and the engine block. I think it would take a HUGE 'something' to really knock a hole between the radiator and the engine block. I honestly think that the likelyhood of it happening without you seeing it on the road is very low. Unless you can see a Object in the engine block, I still think that there is a possibility of engine block failure is likely.

this is just my worthless opinion, please do take a look and ensure that, indeed something flew onto the block. I hope they will fix it for u for free.

What do you think should be basis of warranty claim? That damage was caused by normal riding and that no form of protection was designed to protect the engine against stones and debri on roads?

I did remember seeing the metal belly pan while reading through the Internet before I decided to buy. Now, I can't seem to recall what website was it. Last resort is to get a fabricated piece to attach to the lower culling.

no idea man... gotta see boon siew's reply 1st...

anyone here bought your bike from boon siew? i have yet to receive any letter for my loan, got no idea who or how to pay