SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

1) road condition not good, hard to see whats ahead of u.

2) at some part after hatyai, often have bikes/car/ppl coming up from side of road which is on lower elevation. Can be a bad shock even in day time.

3) at night, stray animals, sometimes even bigger one can be roaming n staying in the middle of the road..

Basically, its just me kia-see.. Ive known ppl doing night ride in thailand.. But thats one thing i really dont wanna do..

Totally agree regardless whether riding day or night, one should be very alert at all times in thailand.

Had a few on sight incident happen during my trip to thailand, but still it is a eye opening trip every time I visit thailand. :)

1) road condition not good, hard to see whats ahead of u.

2) at some part after hatyai, often have bikes/car/ppl coming up from side of road which is on lower elevation. Can be a bad shock even in day time.

3) at night, stray animals, sometimes even bigger one can be roaming n staying in the middle of the road..

Basically, its just me kia-see.. Ive known ppl doing night ride in thailand.. But thats one thing i really dont wanna do..

Surprisingly, I found the riding along Thai highways pleasant. Yes, must look out for animals especially dogs crossing. Guess its hard for them to gauge distance when we're riding around 130km/hr. road surface fairly good and I love the straight highways, it's like all the way straight till the horizon but it's undulating though.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Then I may be a 2nd west side owner after next week? lol.

ya... then i can see see look look ride ride before a place a order for DCT.... hahahah

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

Does anyone know what factory oil the NC700 comes with, meaning Mineral, Semi-Syn or Fully Syn. Grade also if possible. 10W30?

I heard high performance cars comes with fully synthetics already, what about high performance bikes? Do they come with fully syn also? Just curious.:p

not totally sure but my guess would be mineral or semi-syn.

Sharing my limited knowledge regarding fog lights and driving lights..

Driving lights are generally classified as lights that increase your road presence, whereas fog lights are lights that improved your visibility of the road.

Most driving lights are LED as the draw alot less current than halogen bulbs, and LED lights are bright, and can even be glaring, depending on the lens they use. The most popular are cree led. You are actually paid for the lens, more than the actual led itself. Most driving lenses are designed to be very focus, rather than spreading wide like fog lights.

This was what I used previously on my bike. It's around $118 inclusive of shipping.

http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-cree-led-running-lights.html

Another good option is the philip driving light which you can find in Autobacs.

The difference between expensive and cheaper options of driving lights are the wiring harness. For example, the bikevis come with a relay box, proper, waterproof wiring, and even have the module to adjust brightness. Whereas some cheaper option just come with basic wiring.

For foglight, as they are meant to illuminate the road, the leds are not enough as they do not provide enough throw.

There is a common misconception (I was proven wrong with this) that it has to be yellow.

But the truth is, the lens design and the height of where you mount the lights are more important. Good foglights lenses' are design to spread the light widely. The lights have to be mounted lower so that it is effective and doesn't shine on the fog at height that can give a very uncomfortable light bounce. This is particularly uncomfortable in rain too.

As most foglights are halogen, or even hid, they do draw current heavily. Not recommended for prolong usage on motorcycle batteries.. But wouldn't be a problem as most people will be installing switches.

My personal preferences for fog lights are the SW Motech Hawk lights(they have option for driving or fog light), Hella Micro Defog and the H&B Micro flooter. All these options should be below $300..

All above comments are based on my own experience, trying different products and testing with many friends and mechanics. If they are wrong in any way, just ignore it. :)

I'm using the Hella Micro DE...very good piece of fog lamps.

Really lights up the night roads on my trips up north...enhanced visibility on the roads at least twice...

when mounted at the correct height (low), able to pick out some uneveness on the roads..

So far..1 of the best installation I have on the bike...and yes..it really looks good one the bike!

whyzee bro..can I trouble you to design a pixalated white/grey/black camo for my Crossrunner?

time to change my design...gonna do a sticker wrap on the red body and my top pannier (xPlorer)..

probably will ask JuzzWheel to do the stickers... :)

Riding With Passion, Kruzer Club Singapore

www.kruzer.sg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5359/bikeypulaumawar.jpg

whyzee bro..can I trouble you to design a pixalated white/grey/black camo for my Crossrunner?

time to change my design...gonna do a sticker wrap on the red body and my top pannier (xPlorer)..

probably will ask JuzzWheel to do the stickers... :)

No prob bro. So, your bike's default color is red? But if you just wanna do full pixel camo, i dont think you need much design work? Just wrap around? Or, you got some other design in mind? PM me ba

Has anyone did a hard break-in on this bike?

Should or should not?

Most just ride normally for breaking-in/running-in.

I was riding it like a ***** the first few times but revert to normal riding after that. IMO, normal riding would suffice, try not to accelerate hard or full throttle if you decide to run in normally.

I was riding it like a ***** the first few times but revert to normal riding after that. IMO, normal riding would suffice, try not to accelerate hard or full throttle if you decide to run in normally.

Ok thanks bitx. Just wondering who ran-in hard, need some pointers :)

How's your consumption like now?

anyone free to do a roughly 10 days trip during the last 2 weeks of december?

I'm considering a small group ride. Would like to meet and get to know potential riding khakis before heading for this long trip.

Btw, depending on when I'm collecting my bike, might be planning for a run in ride to mersing this weekend...

anyone free to do a roughly 10 days trip during the last 2 weeks of december?

I'm considering a small group ride. Would like to meet and get to know potential riding khakis before heading for this long trip.

Btw, depending on when I'm collecting my bike, might be planning for a run in ride to mersing this weekend...

i won't be able to make it during December but i'm planning for a similar 10 day trip to ko samui during 1st or 2nd week of Jan.

how was the trip overall? any nice places to stay over as the only place i've in mind is 1 night at hatyai and 2 nights at ko samui. probably thinking of 2-3 more locations to stop and explore.

Ko Samui is quite nice. Nice beaches, but must go take trip to go to the smaller islands for clearer water. Lots of ang mos, so, might appear too commercialized.

I think you can consider doing, Hatyai, Ko Samui, Phuket and back.

I would suggest Krabi originally, but I think their beach are not so nice anymore..

You should also consider Penang, Cameron and Genting on the malaysia leg too.

My personal preference would be:

Penang > Hatyai > Ko Samui > Phuket > Hatyai > Cameron > Back

Ko Samui is quite nice. Nice beaches, but must go take trip to go to the smaller islands for clearer water. Lots of ang mos, so, might appear too commercialized.

I think you can consider doing, Hatyai, Ko Samui, Phuket and back.

I would suggest Krabi originally, but I think their beach are not so nice anymore..

You should also consider Penang, Cameron and Genting on the malaysia leg too.

My personal preference would be:

Penang > Hatyai > Ko Samui > Phuket > Hatyai > Cameron > Back

thanks for the recommendation. think i'll skip phuket this time round, rode there before and seriously find krabi a boring town :p

was trying to google nice places to visit while on the way from hatyai to ko samui but not much info available. if that's the case, my route should be

SG- hatyai- ko samui- penang- trengannu- SG

any NC riders interested in this road trip? :) so far, only me and a Fazer6.

thanks for the recommendation. think i'll skip phuket this time round, rode there before and seriously find krabi a boring town :p

was trying to google nice places to visit while on the way from hatyai to ko samui but not much info available. if that's the case, my route should be

SG- hatyai- ko samui- penang- trengannu- SG

any NC riders interested in this road trip? :) so far, only me and a Fazer6.

There's nothing between Hatyai and Ko Samui... But while at Ko Samui, and you can Koh Phangan for full moon party if it happen to be on a full moon.

Penang/Tregannu? Maybe can also consider, Penang > Cameron > Gua Musang > Kenyir > Kuantan > Mersing > SG

Dont have to stay overnight at each stop, but imo, Gua Musang is nicer than the Baling/Gerik Highway..

There's nothing between Hatyai and Ko Samui... But while at Ko Samui, and you can Koh Phangan for full moon party if it happen to be on a full moon.

Penang/Tregannu? Maybe can also consider, Penang > Cameron > Gua Musang > Kenyir > Kuantan > Mersing > SG

Dont have to stay overnight at each stop, but imo, Gua Musang is nicer than the Baling/Gerik Highway..

gua musang and kenyir is somewhere i've not been. will find out more!

thanks!

Actually, Lampan and Thele Noi at Phatthalung are quite nice, the wetland are hugh, and can hire boat to view water lily, lotus and birds watching. And near Surat Thani town, there are a cluster of islands outside (Khlong Chanak), can be nice for viewing. ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1293/803949831_3325244f73.jpg

Actually, Lampan and Thele Noi at Phatthalung are quite nice, the wetland are hugh, and can hire boat to view water lily, lotus and birds watching. And near Surat Thani town, there are a cluster of islands outside (Khlong Chanak), can be nice for viewing. ;)

sounds very relaxing. will be on my want to visit list next. :)