SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda NC700X

kmjoe

7/8 inch type

Thanks dude..

Still counting down for the arrival of my bike... Haha..

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

nc700_rompin.jpg

Back from a short 2D1N ride to Kuantan.

Have a few thoughts about the bike to share.

1) 6th gear is indeed overdrive gear. Once engaged 6th gear, vibration is reduced quite abit and engine feels very stable. However, expect no power available. It's a "purely cruising" gear.

2) 150km/h is going to be the comfortable highway cruising speed, with my height + OEM touring screen. At this speed, bike will still be able to have power left to pull away if necessary.

3) After 150km/h, acceleration increases slowly. Ending of power liao. Top speed tried is around 170km/h. I'm sure can go 180km/h, but the suspensions wouldn't be able to give you a confident ride.

4) Stock suspension is really soft. Comfy, but not very inspiring will cornering. During this ride, swapped with the Versys for a stretch of road, there's really a big difference...

5) The front brakes are really pretty good. Don't really lose to the versys double disc based on both tester... Though he think it's better than his Versys. :p So, those who think single disc is no good, think again.. The big rotor isn't there for nothing. :)

6) Will need riser for comfortable riding. But this is debatable. There's no stress on the upper and lower back. Just arms. But if put riser, it could potentially add stress to the back instead...

7) The stock seat really cannot make it.. Luckily I got the air hawk in time... Enough said...

8) Bike's power range is very different from other bikes. Most bikes are high rev, and riders are usually used to getting power at high rpm by dropping 2 gears. However, 1 gear is the max you can drop with the NC700.. By dropping 2 gears, you hit above 5k rpm, thats it. That's when the power actually dip... So, cant ride aggressively, adapt to smooth riding technique like I did on my ex-scooters.

9) FC is fantastic. However, if rev alot, still can get 26.8km/h. Otherwise, for regular hard riding, 28km/h, smooth commuting; 29-29.5km/h.

Overall, this bike really impressed me more than I thought.. Pretty fun ride.. Very light, and easy to handle..

btw, CKC.. I might have some ideas for the skid plate.... But I thought you were gonna use 3mm plates? lol.

Tmr 6pm at Mtechnik? :cheeky:

yo bro nice FR you got there fr ur trip, cant wait to hav mine.

yes initially was 3mm plate but using 1mm is easy to cut and bend, as I dont hav an idea on the look and mounting so just any how test test see see :cheeky: and wait for more suggestion kekeke

ok tomorrow M-technik shouldn't be a problem, will sms confirm again. but dont laugh at my dummy skid-plate hor :faint:

Hi guys. was thinking of the switch from my bike to this.

was wondering how much does it cost now OTR ar? and insurance will be about how much? i'm 29

thanks for the feedback in adv

Honda NSR SP150- FP 564* Z - Since 26 Sep 07 - 09 june 09

Suzuki GSR 400- FBB 753* K -Since 03/ 06 / 09 - 11/03/11

Yamaha R1 08- FBC 19** T - till 00 Apr 2012

kawasaki Versys 650

saw one at fusiono polis the other day, silver with 2 side panniers..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn265/RoyTan75/26612765.jpg

CB200/TW200/Dragstar400/Shadowace1100/Varadero1000/GS1100/Sportster1200R

Guys who did yr first serving at BS how much it cost? The 800km service

Heard its ex...

my experience with 1st service at BS:

Cost: $150

read my mileage as 7xx, that was my 2nd trip meter, not my actual odometer(1k) :faint:

set my next servicing at 47xx instead of 4000, only realized i suppose to go at 4000 instead of the +4000km... ended up i went servicing at about 5.1k than the mech at asp told me the mistake

saw one at fusiono polis the other day, silver with 2 side panniers..

Hey that would b me. Silver NCX w Xplorer panniers. Do say hi next time round!

Anways the skid plate project looks interesting. Do update us on future remakes of the skidplate.

Anyways any bros here installed 12V socket to ur bikes? Direct tap to batt? To relay somewhere?

Hey that would b me. Silver NCX w Xplorer panniers. Do say hi next time round!

Anways the skid plate project looks interesting. Do update us on future remakes of the skidplate.

Anyways any bros here installed 12V socket to ur bikes? Direct tap to batt? To relay somewhere?

I did. Direct to battery, but need to install fuse. Put inside the non-tank, and wires still can come out of it without cracking the wire..

Guys who did yr first serving at BS how much it cost? The 800km service

Heard its ex...

I didn't do it at BS. Did it at Honda authorised service dealer, which is Ban Hon. Done it during 500km.

$45, for mobil semi syn. Brought my own oil filter. Zero wait. Done in 15 mins..

I didn't do it at BS. Did it at Honda authorised service dealer, which is Ban Hon. Done it during 500km.

$45, for mobil semi syn. Brought my own oil filter. Zero wait. Done in 15 mins..

Hmmm cheap. So i can actualy juz go to any of their authorised dealer? Not necessarily BS? Juz go there bring warranty card i assume

$45?! how many bottle did he use how come so cheap?

Ya, u must check who is Boon Siew authorized dealer though. Best is ask n make sure they wil chop for u b4 commiting. I bought my bike from Ban Hon aka Bike Pro though.

As for EO, semi syn are $10 per bottle ma.. Will be using full syn for my 2k svc..

for 12V socket, not advisable to connect straight to battery as socket will be permanently energized. i tap mine from ignition connector found on the left side panel. troublesome part is to remove the side panel which is a pain as all the panels seem to be overlapping.

for servicing, so far only know ASP can chop the warranty card as told by BS. but then he said best is to go back BS to do it. anyway i should be doing my next oil change at my regular mechanic.

afternoon all :cheeky:

yo Y Z looks like the light guard project is not as easy say than done :sian:

needs a bit more time will update you again, in the mean time when is ventura gonna comes up with one :dot: :dozed:

I should be trying that soon. Although I'm considering getting raceshield. let's see who get it done first. lol.

afternoon all :cheeky:

yo Y Z looks like the light guard project is not as easy say than done :sian:

needs a bit more time will update you again, in the mean time when is ventura gonna comes up with one :dot: :dozed:

would like to see how u diy ur light guard :thumb: u gona make the grill guard or?

would like to see how u diy ur light guard :thumb: u gona make the grill guard or?

Not grill guard but was trying to use ventura light guard from other bike model to diy.

Cant wait for ventura as I will be planning to go thailand this month end, must at least have some protection. kiasu a bit :angel: