SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

A desperate learner

driveby

Hi..

I'm a 2B learner in BBDC , currently finished my 4.02...

But i have a problem and i wish to seek more advise..

I have problem with moving in Qs, like when waiting for my turn i will wobble when i stop and i dont know why!..

I pass my 4.02 ( Circuit review ) but the only problem with me is wobble when in Queu, any advise that i need to adjust...?

Like when i stop, my whole bike will jerk and leg come out before stopping fully * hard to describe because i dont even know if it's this problem *

i will wobble when i stop behind someone when in Q , even single time then my bike will "drop" a little to the left everytime.

Hope to seek some advise..

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you always quickly put your left leg up when you are closing the gap with the bike in front? I was watching a few guys while queuing up for plank yesterday, a few of them even with a small gap in front, they immediately put up their leg and quickly put it down again.

What i can see is that the bike usually unstable at the point of moving off..so in addition to the quick putting up of the leg chances are the bike will wobble. It would be good to not immediately put up your left leg immediately after moving off. If it's a rather short distance, the left leg can be left hanging. But if more than 1m, it's best to not let the leg hang loose.

You'll be surprised that balance can be easily achieved with slightly more throttle.

As for jerks, it can be reduced, or almost eliminated by feathering the clutch at the biting point. (so could it be you let go too much thinking that the bike does not need so much power to move ahead, and hence you didnt throttle enough?) or you throttle too much you press too hard on the front brakes?

Plus the wobbling in front causes the bike to stop "leaned" over, perhaps that's the "drop" you were mentioning?

I also think that it should be quite difficult to only put down the leg when the bike is fully stopped.. you can put down your left leg slightly earlier..

Dont be too stressed.. You should have some fundamentals already..otherwise you couldnt have proceeded to 4.01.

The above were my observations on myself when I first learnt how to ride a bike. It's not easy and it took me a few tries to get it correct, most of the time. (i still wobble sometimes..)

If I mentioned anything wrongly, someone with more experience could bring it up?

cheers buddy!

BMW R1200GSLC 2014 (20smiles/miles)

Mini Cooper S Clubman 2011 (10smiles/miles)

• 2 weeks later...

u are just plain nervous...relax, and enjoy the training...don't give yourself too much stress...in that way, u will learn better and be more prepared for it rather than panicking before your turn....have a good control of your footbrake, and dont squeeze too much of the front brake...front brake could be the likely cause of your wobble....

Germany :cheeky: Germany

Yeah must relax...

I took 2b at ssdc in 2010. Lesson 2(plank and pylon) i passed at only 5th attempt.

At the 4th time fail, almost give up. But luckily manage to relax and at the 5th attempt,

manage to do better and instructor was kind enough to let me proceed with next lesson.

He advised that i must do lots lots lots of practice on planks.

I did as he said, went for more revisions and concentrate more on planks.

This year i just passed 2A, also at ssdc.

I passed TP at 3rd attempt.

I have lots of weakness at circuit.

2b-planks(always fear)

2a-planks, pylon, s course, crank course (fear)

bumpy course(balancing)

My advise, keep trying and dont give up.

Class 3 2004

Class 2B 2010

Class 2A 2012

• 3 weeks later...
Hi..

I pass my 4.02 ( Circuit review ) but the only problem with me is wobble when in Queu, any advise that i need to adjust...?

Like when i stop, my whole bike will jerk and leg come out before stopping fully * hard to describe because i dont even know if it's this problem *

i will wobble when i stop behind someone when in Q , even single time then my bike will "drop" a little to the left everytime.

Hope to seek some advise..

2 cents!

1. when stopping in the queue try to look up dun look down! cos some of us will try 2 estimate the distance before the front bike. look through the helmet of the front rider! =D

2. maybe yr front brake too harsh? yr front fork will go down if u front brake too hard. use more rear brake and if u think u front brake too harsh, use the end of yr fingertips only to control the brake lever. the same finger tips trick can also be used for prevent throwing of clutch.

3. try to slow ahead of time. u should have enough time to actually slow down to very slow before putting down your left foot. also, enough time to actually reduce the braking pressure so it wont be jerky. (this applies to driving too!) i.e. to say, plan yr stopping time! key thing is being smooth and not a rushed stop.

as long u rush, its more likely yr bike will be thrown off balance instead of going straight. by right if the bike is moving fast enough it will stay upright unless u upset the equlibrium with large movements. hopefully this will reduce jerking! just my thoughts!

operate a vehicle in a way that you benefit other road users pls - and meanwhile, stop whining! be responsible and be safe.

• 1 month later...

ya TS,practice more. i was like u when i was learning my 2b

everytime come to a stop,cfm wobble or unstable,most of the time for me is apply too much front brake

dun give up

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~