SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wat tires do you recommend for GSXR 400?

depends on wat u want out fo the tires.

Hope to get a gd pair of wet weather tyres and reasonable mileage.

Wah, most tires are shitty in the wets, i use Bridgestone Cyrox dyring the monsoon, excellent rain tires. Well, u have to look at the Land Sea Ratio of the tire then. Try and get the tires with the most LS ratio on the centre of the tire rather then the side. We dun get to lean so much in the wet.

How to tell the LS ratio?

I riding CBR400RR wat tyre u recommend? I want somethings that can give me decent grip and mileage. Been pondering on BT010, BT56 and BT090. Dunno got wat diff.

haiz....thx for the advice, din know there's no size for me....

No worries, man. The last time I asked, the BT-012SS was somewhere near RM1,000 a pair. Farkk off..!!! Friggin' expensive man, but that's KL for you. How much is it in S'pore?

BT-010 is a damn good tyre for the money you're paying. My personal opinion of expensive SS & sticky race tyres - for the $$$ you're paying, you had better take it to the racetrack, really put the hi-tech to work & get your money's worth. Otherwise... aiyahh... so exp. but 2 months later only middle part worn bald but both sides got 2 inches of thick, virgin rubber.... rugi lah macam ni...

:cry:

Hi Bro!

Is the BT012SS under the race category or performance street cat? Cos i was thinking of changing to BT012SS real soon cos i feel the BT010 isn't able to take trashing at corners...But at the same time, also scared that like wat u said the centre botak liaoz before i know it....haiz....btw i got the quote of BT010 front 120 and rear 190 for S$300 and BT012SS same size F/R for S$360 inclusive worksmanship and balancing....fair deal? :confused:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Best Regards

Phillip

eVeRyThIng hAs 2 gO...sOmEwHeRe...sOmEdAy...

Hi guys!

Can anyone enlighten me as to how a proper tyre change should be performed inclusive of balancing and dismounting the old tyre?

When i observe the mechs change tyres, it always seems like scratching the rim is inevitable...can that be avoided at all?

And lastly, think i read somewhere that applying grease to the walls of new tyres to be mounted will dislodge the balancing when the tyre "slips" on the rim during high speeds...so should put grease or not?

Thanks in advance... :sweat:

Best Regards

Philip :p

eVeRyThIng hAs 2 gO...sOmEwHeRe...sOmEdAy...

• 3 weeks later...
how much does it cost to do the wheel balancing?

BTW, asking for a friend.... he's going to have a mix of tyres, he wants to use BT039 for front and BT090 for rear, is that advisable for his SP?

the BT090 tyre he is gonna use for his rear wheel is for the front tyre of bigger cc bikes, so he is gonna end up having 2 "front" tyres on his bike. u think good or not lah.

those who go to HKL for dunloptt900/bridgestone39ss tyres change, beware! coz the rear tyre 110/70/17 they install is also for front wheel, not recommended for rear wheel.

although they insist ur bike will corner better, but u r losing out on the mileage n safety!!!!

---------A LIFE IN THE FAST LANE! ------->

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR

how much does it cost to do the wheel balancing?

BTW, asking for a friend.... he's going to have a mix of tyres, he wants to use BT039 for front and BT090 for rear, is that advisable for his SP?

the BT090 tyre he is gonna use for his rear wheel is for the front tyre of bigger cc bikes, so he is gonna end up having 2 "front" tyres on his bike. u think good or not lah.

those who go to HKL for dunloptt900/bridgestone39ss tyres change, beware! coz the rear tyre 110/70/17 they install is also for front wheel, not recommended for rear wheel.

although they insist ur bike will corner better, but u r losing out on the mileage n safety!!!!

oh ok... thanx. Anyway, i'm going to change my tyres too... to a set of BT090 for my kawa, should be ok lar hor?

Nike - Just do it!

oh ok... thanx. Anyway, i'm going to change my tyres too... to a set of BT090 for my kawa, should be ok lar hor?

BT090 Is not for 150cc if i'm not wrong.

the more popular tyres for 150cc is

1) bridgestone battlax 39ss (more grip)

2) dunlop tt900 (more lasting)

3) pirelli dunno wat (not recommended)

if u wan cheap, do it at HKL at $150 for choice 1 & 2 , even cheaper for 3.

but beware...the size of rear tyre got 2 sizes, 110/70/17 and 120/80/17.

as i have mention earlier, ask for the 120/80 profile.

dun compromise.

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR

hmm.... i wana change my tyres soon.... but i've no idea on the size... what i saw for the IRC tyres sizes that is stated now is... 90/90(front).... and 110/90(rear, if i can still remember)... i'm very confused now.... some people tell me front should be 110 and rear 120... some tell me if i use 110 for rear, will slip easily when i corner....

someone enlighten me on the right size for kawa pls... :(

Nike - Just do it!

hmm.... i wana change my tyres soon.... but i've no idea on the size... what i saw for the IRC tyres sizes that is stated now is... 90/90(front).... and 110/90(rear, if i can still remember)... i'm very confused now.... some people tell me front should be 110 and rear 120... some tell me if i use 110 for rear, will slip easily when i corner....

i believe just follow the stock profile the best liao.

dun need to think so much.

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR

i believe just follow the stock profile the best liao.

dun need to think so much.

ok.... guess i will.

Nike - Just do it!

dunlop tt900 reliable tyre or not???anyone used it on their SP before???and is there a difference between tt900 and tt900 GP or are they the same? :smile:

so many 150cc players using this tyre...what u think lei?

i think the tyre that bike shop will sell to you is tt900 GP.

shld be better...

GP=GRAND PRIX=RACING=FAST=DIE YOUNGER.

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR

sad to say there isnt any 110 90/17 for your bike, except for your OEM ones.

In this case, go for one size, 120 profile, please refrain from using front tires for your rear......its inappropriate

hmm, so i should ask for 120 profile for my rear tyre? what about my front tyre?

Nike - Just do it!

rear go for 120 90/17 and front go for 90 90/17

I'm aiming for BT090, or BT039....

what i understand is, BT039 doesn't has 120 90/17(rear), is that true?

why u die die must use BT090 on a 150cc?

care to explain?

BT39SS shld have 120/80/17

that's why i recommend 90/80/17 front and 120/80/17 rear

this is the stock profile for SP

but its ok for any other 150cc.

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR

rear go for 120 90/17 and front go for 90 90/17

I'm aiming for BT090, or BT039....

what i understand is, BT039 doesn't has 120 90/17(rear), is that true?

why u die die must use BT090 on a 150cc?

care to explain?

BT39SS shld have 120/80/17

that's why i recommend 90/80/17 front and 120/80/17 rear

this is the stock profile for SP

but its ok for any other 150cc.

BT090 is a racing tyre, supposely is more gripy.

sorry ah, don't flame me. :(

whOoOps, i just notice that there isn't 90/90 for the front. :X

Nike - Just do it!

BT090 is a racing tyre, supposely is more gripy.

dun mean to be sarcastic....but knn ..... if you got skill means you got skills la.... still care whether the tyre is racing type or not.

:lol:

abit off-track, well.... the set of BT39SS tyres itself has a good grip, dun need to go mix-and-match urself.

even the websites of the tyre manufacturers do not recommend mixing of diff models of tyres.

;)

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR

i got a question in mind.

it's known that new tires has a layer of wax on it.

how to get rid of the wax at the corner of the surface in a more safe method. otherwise need to go around cornering.... but the wax tend to make the surface alittle slippery...

http://xiaohyde.homestead.com/files/hidesig.jpg

i got a question in mind.

it's known that new tires has a layer of wax on it.

how to get rid of the wax at the corner of the surface in a more safe method. otherwise need to go around cornering.... but the wax tend to make the surface alittle slippery...

burn ur tire...

speed on a straight....jammed ur rear brake....turn ur handle bar to the left....then to the right!

rem to twist ur body, then ur pose will be beau-ti-ful.

:D

u will learn this in the defensive riding cse.

2002-2004 Honda NSR150SP

2004-2010 Bicycle

2013-2015 KTM Duke 390

2015 >>> Honda CBR600RR