SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
calling for il4......

have a question..

i just changed my tyres and the front is bt012s and the back is bt010...is this advisable? would it affect anything?

wow kau....y u go n chge diff rated tires.....go for 1 set will be better .....who give u this type of matching......dun tell mi it ah bee hor.....

Devil May Cry!!!

Rider May ........!~!!!!!

how long does a good tyre can last?

etc: everyday travel about 60 - 70 km on highway

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01767/Triumph_Tiger800-2_1767913c.jpg

RD125 TZR125 Phantom200 GSXR400 SRAD750 CBR1100XX FJR1300A GSR600 Tiger800

hey il4

got a suggestion. why not u tabulate all the models and series of tyres so that we can compare ourself? rather than ppl keep asking u the same question of which is good for this and good for that.

Best is you recommend which tyre for which bike and for what condition or for what purpose

You are blur, when I say I am blurr.

I always advise agianst mix and match tires, coz they have different level of grip and different heat cycles, will cause irregularities when in use.

let take your above queston as example. its a known fact tat 012 grips better then 010 however 010 will outlast 012SS in terms of heat cycle.

in the 1st few months this combo probably feels good coz the front always grips better(take away time taken to warm up the tire) then the rear however as it age, its hardens(oxidise) and slowly loses grip. but at the same time, BT010 still continues to work flawlessly coz it have plenty of heat cycle to spare. so u end up having a grippier rear then front. VERY SCARY combo.....

so the above mentioned is the irregularities tat will causes problems.

U can try but not advisable. ;)

holy shits... :giddy:

actually i wanted a pair of bt012s but the rear doesnt come with 200/50ZR17(i checked on the net)...i went to HKL to buy the tires and ah bee told me that he have the bt012 in that size , so ended up after the front tyre was fixed on, his despatch rider said dun have that size and could only find for me bt010(same as my old tires).. :sian:

looks like i have to bear with this for half a yr liao..

is it true that bt010 will get out of shape easily?? cos my old ones(especially the front) was damn out of shape.. :?

you\'ll live only once

wow kau....y u go n chge diff rated tires.....go for 1 set will be better .....who give u this type of matching......dun tell mi it ah bee hor.....

wah lou eh...i wanted the michelin pilot sports one(il4 recommended), but ah bee said he dun have...so i chose bt012s lor...(read the story as above)

anyway..both are same rated one lah..(Z rating) just that the grip is different..

but he charge me quite ok lah..$360 for both...he got do balancing too..not bad i should say..

oh well..beggars cant be choosy..

you\'ll live only once

BT012SS dun cater to your kinda machine...

hmm...can be help then, due to the enormous torque your bike can generate.

I have bad experience with bridgestones while others swear by it, its very much a personal preference thingy. Its not juz BT010 tat will get out of shape easily, I seen tat happens to a few of thier other range as well. It happened to mine (BT57).

For my case, i reckon its due to tires "cupping". It's caused because the leading edge of the tread block takes all the weight initially, and wears faster than when more of the tread block is in contact with the road surface. The carcass distributes the load from the tread block to the tire, but it deforms some, allowing the tread block to flex up and down.

Once the wear pattern establishes itself, it just keeps reinforcing itself, at least in part because the more a section of the tire is heated by fricting, the harder it becomes, and thus the easier it is to wear down from friction (instead of the rubber flexing, it's more likely to shear: This is why tires wear more quickly when they are old than when they are new!).

Oh PUPU, if ya looking at this thread, this is the reason why your BT50 front wears faster then your rear...

hmmm....apart from that, the style of riding also affects it huh?

cos i tend to brake the front quite hard before a corner and lean it through the curve..

maybe that explains it..

thanks il4...i have gain some enlightenment from your explanations.. :D

next time can jio for coffee..my treat..

you\'ll live only once

H rated tires dude,

MTR01/02

BT090

MEZ1

GPR70SP

Very decent priced H rated tires... :D

il4,

in terms of distance(meliage) and grip which one will be better for me.

I've look in the site for the Pic that you recommend, overall I feel MEZ1 and GPR70 is good........

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01767/Triumph_Tiger800-2_1767913c.jpg

wah lou eh...i wanted the michelin pilot sports one(il4 recommended), but ah bee said he dun have...so i chose bt012s lor...(read the story as above)

anyway..both are same rated one lah..(Z rating) just that the grip is different..

but he charge me quite ok lah..$360 for both...he got do balancing too..not bad i should say..

oh well..beggars cant be choosy..

anyway wat done cannot be undone.....bear with it....BT010 rear wont get out of shape easily 1...so dun worri too much......

Devil May Cry!!!

well....i feel tat Bridgestones (BT090) always have low and broad operating temperature....very street friendly...

My last set of tires MTR01/02, warms up very fast.....wat surprises me is the excellent grip it posses in the cold...

But they tendfs to fade at very high temperature, so watch the tire pressure if ya frequent track

so what about MEZ1.......and ME Z3 Steel Radial

wich one would you recommend for cornering

i want Ice Mocha with Whip cream at Coffee Bean - Borders, great place to people watch, hehehe :D

wahh..expensive taste leh.. :faint:

i was thinking like neighbourhood coffee shop one leh.. :D

seriously, if there are a few more ppl to meet up and have kopi then lets do it..can talk cock or exchange some technical information(bike)...

i need to learn more from experienced riders.. :cheers:

you\'ll live only once

well....i feel tat Bridgestones (BT090) always have low and broad operating temperature....very street friendly...

My last set of tires MTR01/02, warms up very fast.....wat surprises me is the excellent grip it posses in the cold...

But they tendfs to fade at very high temperature, so watch the tire pressure if ya frequent track

il4, can u explain more abt BT090?? wat u mean by low and broad operating temp n street friendly???thk

Devil May Cry!!!

Guest TourXcrosS

Metzeler technology n compound is better than the others?

how about

Pirelli Dragon GTS or Evo MTR23/24 MTR21/22

Dunlop D208ZR

Metzeler SPORTEC M-1

Bridgestone BT020

any1 use b4 the following tires? any review?