Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Where to ride or go rounding in SG


rookey

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, poorboii said:

tbh sg is too small after a few rounds bored liao

 

wait for the borders to open and u be in heaven

Well yeah that's the dream, but I gotta build up my road confidence and familiarise myself with riding and handling a bike first, don't I?

5 minutes ago, apogeeXX said:

so, has the ride happened already ?

how was it ?

Nope not yet, i'll start renting a bike after I buy a handphone mount soon! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rookey said:

Well yeah that's the dream, but I gotta build up my road confidence and familiarise myself with riding and handling a bike first, don't I?

Nope not yet, i'll start renting a bike after I buy a handphone mount soon! 

which mount u looking at ?\

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, apogeeXX said:

which mount u looking at ?\

I'm not too sure, i was looking at zedge/mwupp's finger/octopus grip and then i saw that there's also the waterproof handphone holder. Altho the waterproof holder doesn't look as sturdy/durable. Which would you recommend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, rookey said:

I'm not too sure, i was looking at zedge/mwupp's finger/octopus grip and then i saw that there's also the waterproof handphone holder. Altho the waterproof holder doesn't look as sturdy/durable. Which would you recommend?

Waterproof, get an umbrella 😂

https://shopee.sg/product/28047092/9752742043?smtt=0.313434901-1629599577.9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use Ram mount. But it's expensive. Got it in the early days when no many choices were available.

I think phone mounts depend on the bike you are getting and the way or where u want to place your phone.

So if u are just renting bike, may want to get something cheap but works. Mwupp looks good and is cheap. Let's see what others have to recommend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rookey said:

Well yeah that's the dream, but I gotta build up my road confidence and familiarise myself with riding and handling a bike first, don't I?

Nope not yet, i'll start renting a bike after I buy a handphone mount soon! 

last time i got my 2b honda sp i went to jb straight 😅

 

if not u can do a round trip in sg to practice, then go 99 bend training 

Edited by poorboii

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

I use Ram mount. But it's expensive. Got it in the early days when no many choices were available.

I think phone mounts depend on the bike you are getting and the way or where u want to place your phone.

So if u are just renting bike, may want to get something cheap but works. Mwupp looks good and is cheap. Let's see what others have to recommend.

I was using ram mount as well.. but the water proof casing is too bulky and after awhile all phones becomes water resistant and water proof.. so I use mwupp since it’s compatible with ram mount..been using over 10 years.. recommended.. :)

15 minutes ago, poorboii said:

last time i got my 2b honda sp i went to jb straight 😅

 

if not u can do a round trip in sg to practice, then go 99 bend training 

🤣

if have friends who are familiar then good.. one of my friend brought me to jb graveyard first time I go jb.. cuz he also went only a few times.. then LL.. I activate GPRS for my GPS phone to work and bring us back to the correct place.. (last time maps doesn’t work without internet).. 🤣

 

oh ya.. 99 bend is always my favourite.. I remember coming back from thailand.. I went 99 bend with all my barangs barangs and went to buy Fook seng Nasi lemak.. 🤣

Edited by adesmond2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

I was using ram mount as well.. but the water proof casing is too bulky and after awhile all phones becomes water resistant and water proof.. so I use mwupp since it’s compatible with ram mount..been using over 10 years.. recommended.. :)

I use Ikea ziplock bag for waterproof casing ✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

 

if have friends who are familiar then good.. one of my friend brought me to jb graveyard first time I go jb.. cuz he also went only a few times.. then LL.. I activate GPRS for my GPS phone to work and bring us back to the correct place.. (last time maps doesn’t work without internet).. 🤣

 

oh ya.. 99 bend is always my favourite.. I remember coming back from thailand.. I went 99 bend with all my barangs barangs and went to buy Fook seng Nasi lemak.. 🤣

damn must be scary! 

 

i rmb last time 2b riding no ram mount or anything to support phone and no internet in jb as well so have to remember the map before riding 

 

now so easy 🤣

 

 

waiting for thailand to open :(

 

Edited by poorboii
  • Like 1

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, poorboii said:

damn must be scary! 

 

i rmb last time 2b riding no ram mount or anything to support phone and no internet in jb as well so have to remember the map before riding 

 

now so easy 🤣

 

 

waiting for thailand to open :(

 

Ya la.. pretty much no internet.. but I work in teleco.. so exceptionally got internet.. hahaha..

 

somehow, it’s my first time Going in jb and I dun wan to end up unable to o come back.. so I have my own backup plans.. 🤣

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

[a few years later ... ]

Still waiting for the ride to happen ..... 

already happened.. whahahaha.. 

  • Like 1

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

[a few years later ... ]

Still waiting for the ride to happen ..... 

I've got my rental bike till end of the week, free to go riding this week?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, rookey said:

I've got my rental bike till end of the week, free to go riding this week?

u are early.. haha

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2021 at 9:50 AM, rookey said:

Nope not yet, i'll start renting a bike after I buy a handphone mount soon! 

Can check out Quadlock mounts... pretty good.

Remember to watch the roads... a mounted phone especially if you are using it for navigation is rather distracting (to me when comparing to driving)... riding a bike is much more involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Issac said:

Can check out Quadlock mounts... pretty good.

Remember to watch the roads... a mounted phone especially if you are using it for navigation is rather distracting (to me when comparing to driving)... riding a bike is much more involved.

Yeah, totally agree on the distraction when riding as compared to driving. I'm currently using this octopus grip mount and it's already messed up my iphone's camera stabiliser, i've had to send it in for repair... It's pretty stable in holding my phone and I don't see it shake a lot whenever i would look down at my navi, but somehow to stabliser's still affected. Does the quadlock work well with iphones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, rookey said:

Yeah, totally agree on the distraction when riding as compared to driving. I'm currently using this octopus grip mount and it's already messed up my iphone's camera stabiliser, i've had to send it in for repair... It's pretty stable in holding my phone and I don't see it shake a lot whenever i would look down at my navi, but somehow to stabliser's still affected. Does the quadlock work well with iphones?

No probs whatsoever with the quad lock till date... interesting that the octopus affected the stabiliser... any idea how it happened?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Issac said:

No probs whatsoever with the quad lock till date... interesting that the octopus affected the stabiliser... any idea how it happened?

Not sure, i've googled and it's a common problem for iphones? Sent my phone in for repair, used a spare iphone for gps for one trip, and the stabiliser is also f-ed up -_- 

Edited by rookey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, rookey said:

Not sure, i've googled and it's a common problem for iphones? Sent my phone in for repair, used a spare iphone for gps for one trip, and the stabiliser is also f-ed up -_- 

whoah... that's bad... weird coincidence too!

so what's your ride for the week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Issac said:

whoah... that's bad... weird coincidence too!

so what's your ride for the week?

CBR150R

8 minutes ago, apogeeXX said:

And then go back to sleep ?

Hahaha usually, but today didn't and now i'm dozing off at work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, apogeeXX said:

How was the outing ?

Did you guys take pictures ?

Where did you all go ?

It's been raining a lot lately; did you guys run into the rain ?

So far i've met with Desmond and one guy from this forum too, not sure if he's on this thread, separately. We weren't caught in the rain thankfully, and I crashed twice but it's a long story. Nothing serious, i'm all good and the bike's good too (hopefully) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...