Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Makan + Slow Cruising around SG


pinksheep

Recommended Posts

I just got back to riding after a 10 year break and will collect my NMax 155 this Friday. 
Will be going for regular slow cruises around Singapore for photography, makan and engine break in. 

Please let me know if you're interested to tag along and gossip :)
Note it won't be a big group outing & respect the guidelines for safe distancing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I'm not expecting any turnout at this pt although covid restrictions are easing up. My intention was to solo ride and share the route & scenic photo opportunities so that other riders and groups can use the same next time. Tiny groups are also safer since long convoys may attract attention and need a lot of time and space to rally.

Fun part about SG 'touring' is mixing & matching the longest or most interesting roads possible and finding interesting places to stop at, whether day or night. 

Used to do this long ago when the forum was much more active, though it cannot be blamed due to 2 years most of us under CB or work from home. I got sick of being cooped up and getting two wheels of freedom was what I decided on when I felt the urge to invest in something for my well being :)

Hope it inspires others for their 'reopening' project too :)

---- 

Edit: Group size of 5 provided all vaxxed. 


mtf_nov_20_1.png

Edited by pinksheep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, apiZZo said:

Following this thread !! I'm in . Do tell me if there's any .  But due to COVID restrictions . I think only two ppl in a group leh 

Ok sure thing . But if u do wanna ride hit me up at telegram 

@BikerAficionado 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks awesome! there's quite a few groups out there and they are in telegram.. feel free to join them and you will be able to know more people across Singapore.. ;)

Meet up just avoid huge gathering (just in case).. If it's small gathering (Lesser then 5), I'll usually will turn up if time permits.. :) 

 

On 11/26/2021 at 9:16 PM, pinksheep said:

I picked up the NMax today and took it on a 60km break-in ride around East and North of SG. 
Feel free to read the story here :)
 

 

 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your support. I've already encountered some large gatherings at known popular car and bike gathering places, but for now I focus on my riding and engine break in until I have the skill to safely conduct group riding @ normal speeds. 

The local NMax crowd also have a lot of discussion on legal bike customizations and upgrades.

I've made this below route of 70km to host weekly night rides if anyone is interested to tag along, it will be relax riding and I will also add food / drinks stops along the way. It's possible to visit restaurants and places of interest but better to finish the ride before too many restaurants close for the night, otherwise there will be very little variety of food available, aside from petrol station refreshment and roti prata. 

Last night I tested a 2 hour ride is the max I can go for one continuous trip, next time I will do a full circle route and at normal traffic speeds (now its self limited to 60-80kph). Need to go pass Nicoll Highway perhaps before midnight, otherwise you lose the great view of the CBD skyline fully lit up.

Bike review continues...

NMax has nice steady handling, very stable aerodynamics, in the sense the leg and lower body area feels completely shielded from the airflow. Having just purchased Acerbis riding jacket from CAI (recently on discount) made me more comfortable to push up to highway speeds because I no longer feel the wind blast or clothing ballooning out; past 300km mileage the engine is getting more responsive and VVA system 'open valve' makes it easy to accelerate quickly. 

Cornering is exceptionally easy and fun at any speed but I have not started pushing any limits yet, only steering using eye-point and throttle input during the turn. Did not buy this bike to 'scrape exhaust' although it certainly feels confident enough :)

Suspension is on the hard side and the front end does not like those rough repaired road surfaces, you will feel like you want to slow down from the bumpiness, possibly due to the rear-heavy weight distribution of the scooter so the front end doesn't absorb much of the bumps, but potholes were handled competently with no loss of stability. Just be sure to relax your arms before hitting the bumps.

5 Dec Benoi Sector.jpg

1638648125320.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 5:10 PM, pinksheep said:

Thanks for your support. I've already encountered some large gatherings at known popular car and bike gathering places, but for now I focus on my riding and engine break in until I have the skill to safely conduct group riding @ normal speeds. 

The local NMax crowd also have a lot of discussion on legal bike customizations and upgrades.

I've made this below route of 70km to host weekly night rides if anyone is interested to tag along, it will be relax riding and I will also add food / drinks stops along the way. It's possible to visit restaurants and places of interest but better to finish the ride before too many restaurants close for the night, otherwise there will be very little variety of food available, aside from petrol station refreshment and roti prata. 

Last night I tested a 2 hour ride is the max I can go for one continuous trip, next time I will do a full circle route and at normal traffic speeds (now its self limited to 60-80kph). Need to go pass Nicoll Highway perhaps before midnight, otherwise you lose the great view of the CBD skyline fully lit up.

Bike review continues...

NMax has nice steady handling, very stable aerodynamics, in the sense the leg and lower body area feels completely shielded from the airflow. Having just purchased Acerbis riding jacket from CAI (recently on discount) made me more comfortable to push up to highway speeds because I no longer feel the wind blast or clothing ballooning out; past 300km mileage the engine is getting more responsive and VVA system 'open valve' makes it easy to accelerate quickly. 

Cornering is exceptionally easy and fun at any speed but I have not started pushing any limits yet, only steering using eye-point and throttle input during the turn. Did not buy this bike to 'scrape exhaust' although it certainly feels confident enough :)

Suspension is on the hard side and the front end does not like those rough repaired road surfaces, you will feel like you want to slow down from the bumpiness, possibly due to the rear-heavy weight distribution of the scooter so the front end doesn't absorb much of the bumps, but potholes were handled competently with no loss of stability. Just be sure to relax your arms before hitting the bumps.

5 Dec Benoi Sector.jpg

1638648125320.jpg

Can join in? 😄

also returning to the scene after more than 10 years…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Hidingbehindthetreeyou can but take note I preferred wandering around SG looking for late-night restaurants solo, there is really a lot of places and roads to discover, that groups will never go to. You can hide behind tree but I will be lost kambing lol.

My style is when we meet for ride we will ride first and not sit around gossip for 1-2 hours, that really made me sleepy and defeat the point of a motorcycle outing. Also avoid places like Kallang Mac where parking is all full, too many people gather at the same place. I don't see where's the fun in that lor.

Now with endemic phase there should be much more late night / 24h dining options available compared to last year. JB short trip is possible but I prefer to skip JB and aim for somewhere further if possible, again avoid overcrowding and places where us from Singapore stick out easily.



I actually got bored of finding riding suitable kakis / groups and decided to do part time express parcel deliveries during the day, which is guaranteed fun meeting clients & planning funny but efficient road trips.

Edited by pinksheep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

haha..  👍 enjoy your riding trips..

I only ride around north east area for photo taking sessions previously.. nowadays it's mainly for charging batteries.. 😂

old man already.. haha

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

Lol can do charging battery outing like this one. Confirm all charge fully 😂

Screenshot_2022-04-04-10-48-52-240_jp.co.yamahamotor.yamahamotorcycleconnect.sccu.jpg

dun wan la.. to and from = almost 100km already.. might as well go Melaka 250km... 😛

 

my riding trips usually will need to have a objective.. "ride to this place and eat" Nice food or food that I missed..

"ride to this place and take photo" nice photos places

"ride to this place and "play"" 99 bend

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

Melaka 250km one way? 

I will go there makan tido 2 days then come back 😂

yes.. one way... ok la.. go there lepak also can.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

haha..  👍 enjoy your riding trips..

I only ride around north east area for photo taking sessions previously.. nowadays it's mainly for charging batteries.. 😂

old man already.. haha

Same la me also old man… hahaha just relax relax ride at night 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hidingbehindthetree said:

Same la me also old man… hahaha just relax relax ride at night 

haha.. so what bike you riding? 😏

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hidingbehindthetree said:

Riding road bike boss! U riding solo also? Im staying at northwest side… dunno got chance to say hi to u next time anot. Lol 😄

LOL.. I also riding road bike.. what model? 

I north east.. maybe got chance.. haha...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm @ west so northwest is my rally track, lots of unused industrial and farm roads near cck & kranjj 😂

Edited by pinksheep
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, pinksheep said:

I'm @ west so northwest is my rally track, lots of unused industrial and farm roads near cck & kranjj 😂

u ride everywhere.. north east north west centre all no differences for you.. hahaha.. let's find some photo scenery places and take them while we ride around one day.. 😏

but some places might take up to 30-60min for a few photos.. haha.. been there done that.. some more.. I one person.. 😂

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

u ride everywhere.. north east north west centre all no differences for you.. hahaha.. let's find some photo scenery places and take them while we ride around one day.. 😏

but some places might take up to 30-60min for a few photos.. haha.. been there done that.. some more.. I one person.. 😂

sounds fun haha… usually u all ride on weekends only or night time or anytime? 😅

1 hour ago, pinksheep said:

I'm @ west so northwest is my rally track, lots of unused industrial and farm roads near cck & kranjj 😂

Woooo nice…. But daytime cannot… alot trucks and heavy vehicles… night time shd be cooling! Haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hidingbehindthetree said:

sounds fun haha… usually u all ride on weekends only or night time or anytime? 😅

Woooo nice…. But daytime cannot… alot trucks and heavy vehicles… night time shd be cooling! Haha

I haven't meet up with him yet.. I only meet up with another group of riders before.. but that group grew too huge.. then never meet up anymore.. haha..

everyday telegram is 1k messages.. I see already also shag

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

 

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

 

 

 

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...